"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
Wed, May 23, 2012 | 02:50 BST

[h=1]Judge recommends Xbox 360 US import ban in Motorola patent case[/h]An International Trade Commission judge has recommended a ban on the import of 4GB and 250GB Xbox 360 Slim consoles to the US, effectively putting an end to further sales of these models should the ban be upheld.

20120523xbox360.png

GamePolitics reports Judge David Shaw also ruled that Microsoft should pay a bond of 7% of the value of unsold Xbox 360 inventory on hand in the US..

Microsoft tried to argue against the ban, suggesting that it would leave consumers with limited options, but Shaw wasn’t impressed, saying Sony and Nintendo could handle demand.

The ITC’s commissioners will now review the recommendations, after which there will be a 60 day period during which the order can be overturned by president Barack Obama.

Otherwise, Microsoft’s out in the cold in its home territory, as well as in Germany; courts are taking Motorola’s claim of patent infringements quite seriously.

[image]

Well Xbox sold a lot anyways..this should have happened earlier? Nah just kidding, but Microsofty should revise their R&D development for future troubles! Copy pasting is not a good thing without deals being made beforehand. I dont know the details btw nor the severeness of all of this.

Source - http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/23/jud...port-ban-in-motorola-patent-case/#more-261126

What's this Motorla parent case? Not making much sense here this time man.

Well bambi xboxes and most consoles devices etc. are manufactured in asian countries like china, korea.
So import ban is fucked up. Those already in usa retails are safe to be sold I guess. Anyways this is not tht big of a deal cause I dont think they import tht a lot anyways..not anymore at least.

Back