Banner Voting 2012

Chose 6 over 2, 6 was amazing but the sides were too blank

Regarding the blank sides (1, 5, and 6), the original banner size is 1920 x 121 pixels (which is huge), but I stated that the sides will automatically be cut off if in case it does go up. The other entries are cut to 1500 pixels (assuming that Tinypic resized the image), so that works out fine too. Just to clarify. :)

Voting ends in a few days. We might go ahead and do the rotating banners as it's been suggested (for all skins) and include the Top 3.

Rotating sounds like a good idea.

As for my choice, I've chosen 2 as well. Though all of them look good to me. o.o

They are all amazingly well made and super pretty but I really like #5 so I voted for it, even if it looks like #2 is going to win which is cool bu because they are all amazing banners; I like all of them a lot. Looking forward to seeing a pretty new banner soon :cali:

The number one banner has triple both its competitors and almost double the pair of them put together, I do not think having a rotation is a fair representation. The runner-ups as the alt skin banners makes most sense to me

A fair point. But the rotation banner is something that's been mentioned more than several times the past few years so it won't hurt to try it out. I wouldn't necessarily agree though that it's only about fair representation, but moreso a general appreciation to the artists who took the time to actually make a banner for the site. It's not always easy making a banner, and looking at it in that aspect, and even the past banners from a few years back that never made it up in the display, I would've loved to see two or three more on display if only to give those artists the appreciation for making one in the first place. That was something I personally wanted to see for awhile now since we've had some amazing banners every time a banner voting takes place, and it's always hard to choose. I agree though that there has to be a sense of competition as well, so having the top 3 would be okay to me since I'm also aware that not everyone has the same taste in style, color scheme, or what have you, and that's perfectly understandable. It's a happy medium more than anything.

I like the idea of 1, but prefer the stylings of 5 and 6. I feel like 6 would have looked better w/o Tifa and Squall in it.

3 looks good, but i am a little disappointed in it's use of most recent cgi sequences produced by Square Enix. But it feels right I guess.

edit: lol 3 has no votes

fuck all you bitches :rage:

Why am I seeing banner 6 when 2 won? :hmmm: I'm not really sure what the point of the poll was? :wacky:

2 is quite beautiful. I'm hoping it gets a spot as the banner this time around!

Why am I seeing banner 6 when 2 won? :hmmm: I'm not really sure what the point of the poll was? :wacky:

It's alternating, you might have to refresh a few times (I was able to see all three banners), though we ran into a problem with the height not adjusting properly, so only banner 1 is currently showing up fine. It will be adjusted/changed soon.

I was just wondering that myself.

That said I think 6 looks good without the empty spaces on the sides. Although half of the text has been cut off. :hmmm:

I'm only seeing number 2, but it's cut off because it's too thick.

same problem as the doctor xD i can't get back to the home page by clicking on the banner... also it no seems to be rotating for me :(

It rotates each time come back to the site as opposed to each time I load a new page during a visit. :) Have you tried that Stevie?

They all look fantastic! :cheer:Thanks guys! ^_^

Last edited:
The top three are on rotation, all of them are cut off at the bottom for me

Even Banner 1? :hmmm: That particular one is the only 'perfect fit'. Viewing it now and it looks good on my end.

We've submitted the adjustments/changes to Belazor, so it should be up soon.

11bhiya.png

I only see the first one...

Also I think we should be able to pick individually which one we wanna see. Like the skins? I love number one but it doesn't match my layout at all. It quite clashes with my purple.

Last edited:
Back