Do you actually like Eyes on me?

Well my hesitations about the song in the original post were exactly because of that reason. I was afraid of being mocked for liking the song but its silly to be afraid here since its the final fantasy forums

Yeah but I pretend that I don't because people laughed at me when I was little at school for liking the song centuries ago. :facepaw:

The song is beautiful and emotional and ties in with the game really well and it shows the two different main relationships within the game, really good. It's also really stunning in the piano collections. Underrated song that gets too much abuse because it's a game song or a lovely dovey tune and not badass rock or rap.

I definitely agree that it gets too much abuse because of the where it's used. I really don't see the difference between a movie soundtrack and game soundtrack - a movie and a game can be iconic, so why should one be praised and the other disregarded?

The people that make this kind of music are incredibly talented, gifted musicians. They should get more recognition.

The song itself is awful, I'll listen to it purely for nostalgic purposes...but nevertheless it is an iconic piece of FF history (first vocal theme song) and for a first attempt I don't think it was that bad, if you compare it to the themes songs they're spewing out now.

I actually didn't like it at all when I first played it, than after I went through the game a couple times, the song just grew on me.

The song makes me think of my high school crush who played through the whole game together with me and yeah I love the song :P

I do like this song- I listened to it a lot when I first got hold of it, but then I heard the Angela Aki version, which I think is absolutely stunning. I still love the Faye Wong version, but I (marginally) prefer the Angela Aki version

I like it. The melody is exceptionally beautiful, the lyrics are lovely and the singer is amazing. Even if it were not supposed to be the theme of a love story, it would be used in one, for sure :woot:.

I love this song!! I actually played this song on my phone a few years ago when me and my gf at the time were together. we danced to it on her back porch under the stars that night.

Not really...I don't like having pelican on my face :olivia:

The singer is a bit too...weak, to be honest. I don't mind the melody itself, and I've heard much cheesier lyrics, but the singer...ugh, my god, I think I've actually heard better fan covers of the song, to be frank. I quite like the Ancient Bards cover though; it's an interesting composition with an infinitely superior singer, and the piano version isn't bad. I just don't like the singer for the official version, I guess? xD

Like most music in videogames, I tend not to listen to it outside of the games. It's kind of odd. I mean, I love classical music, but I dont listen to straight classical music much (though I love orchestral elements in the music I do listen to). So yes, I like it, but I get more out of the music if Im playing the actual game.

Now, the Nier and FFXIII and XIII-2 soundtracks I definitely listen to though outside of the games. Good stuff.

The song itself is awful, I'll listen to it purely for nostalgic purposes...but nevertheless it is an iconic piece of FF history (first vocal theme song) and for a first attempt I don't think it was that bad, if you compare it to the themes songs they're spewing out now.

Something inside me just died.

Anywho, I personally enjoy the song mainly because, not because of the situation of the game that it is played in, but the impact that it has on the rest of the story.

Something inside me just died.

oh, well

that was just your faith in humanity. nothing to be worried about.

I liked it. It was a great composition and one of the most iconic features of the game. Made you wish you could
save your girlfriend from becoming a scorceress, run into a ship full of aliens that fuck faster than rabbits, kill them all and miraculously make it back to your own planet.

...And then NOT look like a jackass for 15 minutes when you gave her up after that.

NAh.

Then again, I didn't really bought the "romance" in this game, so it made me spiteful of teh whole squall/rinoa and this song.

I think the song matched the moments that it came on for, but I remember finding it quite cheesy, I think only at when Rinoa sat on Squall's lap on the spaceship because...oh, god...Idk, just an awkward song at an awkward moment. When Laguna and Rinoa's mom meet, it actually matches the song, but not when...well, I felt that way when I was a little kid, so I'm not sure about now, but when I imagine it, I think I would still cringe...let's just say it's like whenever they play that "why do birds suddenly appear" song. -_-

I like the music to the fight against Ultimecia's last stage better. FF VIII had some great boss music. Really think the game is under rated against some of the other FF games. As for the song mentioned in thread. It was very nice. Fit the mood. But I prefer the boss fights. Some of the bosses, with their themes were great fun.

Its nice that it actually has a singer and its not just an instrumental. Without the lyrics the song wouldnt be nearly as powerful as it is. It was the first Final Fantasy song i heard that had a singer and im fairly sure It was the first song in the series to have a singer aswell. It fits the the games story to a tee. I mean the lyrics and everything really helped to bring more emotion into the scenes.
Like others have said I think its a very fitting song that is perfect for the games love stories between Laguna and Raine, Squall and Rinoa. They did a great job, its a good song. I like almost all Final Fantasy music. There is so much effort put into their musical scores, they're masterpieces.
Now as for having eyes on me on my iphone that wont happen. The music fits well within the game and all that but its not something i would listen to while walking through the town, riding the bus etc. Its great game music but without the story of the game it all sounds a bit too soppy for me to listen to on the go.

Last edited:
I like the song and the way it ties together the characters and their growing relationships. It's a great moment in the game.

Guilty pleasure like most video game music. I wouldn't throw it on when I've got company unless they were fellow FF fans. I usually listen to FF music when I'm in a nostalgic mood. Or on a sunny day like today I may throw the Besaid Island theme on repeat ;)

I love the song. It is so emotional and beautiful to the ear.
It also reminds me of a happier time, as with a lot of Final Fantasy music. Haha. So much nosalgia~

Back