Which FFVIII Guardian Force you wish to be featured again?

Which GF should be featured again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
There are unique summons in FFVIII that is not found anywhere else in the series (except Revenant Wings. There are so many summons in this game).

They are:
-Brothers
-Cerberus
-Doomtrain
-Eden
-Moomba
-Pandemona
-Quetzalcoatl

Which one do you think SE should feature in future FF titles again? Why?

I personally think that the Moomba makes a good mascot like Cactuar, Tonberry and Chocobo. It's quite a cool creature with a unique design. It would have been interesting if they are featured in the story (or sidequests) again, like it did in FFVIII.

The other summons are cool too. Cerberus has a priceless, life saving ultimate move if used in the right conditions. Doomtrain status effect causing move is awesome too. And I wouldn't mind laughing at a brothers summon animation again.

Eden is epic, but I think it should stay FFVIII exclusive, as it's a possible reference to Gardens in the game. Pandemona's move may be too similar to some of the other summons in FF, like Atomos. I personally find Quetzalcoatl's animation a little boring, though it has a cool yet simple design.

With each new 'incarnation' of a particular summon, they've usually changed somewhat visually. It'll be cool to see what SE could come up with thesedays for the Brothers, Cerberus, Eden, Pandemona and Quetzalcoatl. Diablos too (which I still consider FFVIII-exclusive despite being 'added' to FFVI Advance)! They don't necessary have to stick to their original abilities either. It would also be great to see the Moomba feature again that isn't just in a 'mascot' way. Would have thought they would be included as a race in FFXII but... :(

That is ofcourse if SE actually make Summons desirable to use again. Haven't bothered with them at all since FFX.

I'd love to see Moomba and Quetzalcoatl return.

Like Uncle Ulty, I would argue that the Moombas make a good mascot, joining Chocobos, Moogles, Cactuars and Tonberrys. It would be interesting to see a variety of interpretations. The Moogles in particular have seen a variety of designs! The moogles in IX and XII, for example, look very different.

Quezacotl had an interesting design. Its movements were graceful and I remember using him often in VIII. However, I do feel the design could be improved on. Its a good base, but could benefit from being updated with some delicate features. This would give it more depth and detail. :hmmm:

I also love Carbuncle so I would like to see him in a few more FFs. (Warning, guys, be sure to add 'Final Fantasy' when you search for 'Carbuncle' in google...) Carbuncle was just adorable in VIII! :lew: It does appear in several FF games, but hasn't been included within a game from the main series since IX - apart from XI, which doesn't count. ;) Having said that, it's a shame it wasn't a damage-dealing GF. :hmmm:
Carbuncle_ruby_light.png

Design from VIII!

FFIX-Carbuncle.gif

Design from IX.

(Images from = http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Carbuncle_(Summon))

Where's Diablos?! I thought he was only in VIII...and Moomba were a GF? I didn't even know that. But yeah, agree with above, they shouldn't be a summon but should be like Chocobos and Moogles :) cute animals in the worlds. I've never got Eden, but it sounded cool so I went on youtube and watched its summon...my god it's practically half a movie right there. Less than halfway through I though 'damn that's awesome' expecting it to be about finished. Then I was going to say Pandemona but couldn't quite remember it either so I went and checked it out and it looks lame and doesn't do as much damage as I thought. So I'll just go with Quezacotl. Of course, had Diablos been there it wouldn't have been a competition :P

Xx..xX

I've always thought Cerberus was pretty cool, though very disappointed that despite the tough look, he can't deal any damage and instead will only cast Triple on the party. The Triple effect in itself is pretty useful, though applying that ability for Cerberus...it doesn't seem to fit, but that's just me. I'd like to see him make a return and witness an amazing cutscene in which he actually deals major damage, as long as it doesn't take forever like Eden. I loved Eden but avoided using that GF due to how long it would take. It's like watching Goku gather huge amounts of energy just to use the Spirit Bomb.

Diablos is also featured in FFVI Advance, FFXI, XII (as a small monster) and Type-0. Sorry :P

Aside from its story role, Moomba is a secret non-junction summon, only obtainable with Pocket Station. i.e. Japanese exclusive.

Diablos looked cool in VIII probably the best looking GF, Doomtrain was also a very unique summon as with a lot of the aspects in VIII, but i think i'd most like to see Brothers make a come back

i would love to see carbuncle featured more often in FF games, especially because it adds some cuteness to the arsenal of summons/GF's

also Cerberus was a great addition as he increased how much you could cast and thus gave you alot more damage causing capabilities.

Doomtrain was Epic, just with all the added stats he caused, weakened enemies up and set you up to destroy them.

and finally pandemonium, the way he caused it's damage was brilliant, i loved using this GF as he dealt a boat load of damage.

For general gameplay I think i'd like to have doomtrain make a comback, he reminds me too much of final destination the movie for some reason. The status effects he causes are just too useful.

Cerberus defiantly! Though, I did love them all though. lol I just loved his entrance for some reason! Like the gates opening and stuff. Another one would defiantly be Carbuncle. He was actually my favorite GF!

I didn't really summon GF's very often, but I did have favorites still. :P I really like Quetzalcoatl for some reason, don't even know why. I also think Cerberus is a badass, and I actually used him more often than others (not saying too much, still rarely used him XD). Moombas! :D <3 Moombas. They're all so adorable!

I always thought that Diablos and Doomtrain would be perfect on Versus. Maybe Cerberus too. Perhaps slightly redesigned. Outside of that particular game I'd like to see Pandemona. I liked her(?) design and the later ffs mostly have summons of the most basics of basic elements.

Cerberus would be cool in another FF. I like the mythology of him- a three headed beast that guards the gates of Hell to keep the dead from escaping :ohoho:

The first Guardian Force that came to mind, before I got the read the poll was actually Brothers, I really liked them. I can see how perhaps they aren't as "epic" as other Guardian Forces, but they were by far my favorite in FFVIII.

Second place definitely goes to Cerberus though, I've always been fascinated by it, from the Greeks perspective and I'd love to see it again in future Final Fantasy series.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following make a return: Brothers, Cerberus, Doomtrain and Pandemona.

Brothers dialogue was so awful that it was truly hilarious, I'd like to see them return in a similar guise. Cerberus was badass but it would be nice to see him used as an actual attack if he were used again. I sucked at FFVIII playing through for the first time and was stuck on his encounter for a few days which made me think he was as hard as Jimmy Nail. Doomtrain seemed like an awesome idea but the actual summon animation was pretty poo. I'm not sure how you can make a train going down a track look all that exciting but thankfully I don't have to. Pandemona was cool as it actually looked a bit weird and different. Problem was that when it actually used it's attack the model became all pixelated and looked ridiculous. Again please, with no oversize pixels.

Cerberus probably, but his strengths were his support abilities more so than the actual summon itself. He was also one of the coolest looking of the summons. I think the concept could be reworked into another FF game really well, perhaps casting Haste on all characters.

To be honest and I know she is not in the Poll but Siren would be cool to see a redesign of. Her harp and water powers seemed a bit weak compared to the other GF's.

From this poll I would say I would love to see Cerberus again. Just a little something more than a triple effect though because he was pretty hard to beat! Also, Diablos. He was bad ass! I just never knew what enemies he affected and which he did.

I'll have to say the same as a lot of people: Cerberus and Diablos. They're both so dark and...gothic I guess? Of course, that leads me to Doomtrain, whose cinematics are just amazing. The status ailments too ha.

Jumbo Cactuar would be so funny to see too, in the FF15 world where everything else looks so serious and black :wacky:.

Back