Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
I know we already have a Favorite Summon thread, but that particular one doesn't have a poll.

Since there's many summons (aeons, eidolons, espers) in the series, specify which summon(s) you like best and include which FF game it is from.

For voting, you can only vote one summon. I'd like to see which recurring summon you think is the best in the series.

Let's see...I definitely like Ixion from FFX. I think he replaces Ramuh as Spira's lightning summon. I thought Ixion was an awesome change. His attacks were pretty fast too.

Phoenix from FFIX was pretty cool as well. Though it deals no damage, it's pretty useful for when your party falls in battle.

There's many favorite summons, but if I have to vote for one, I'd pick Bahamut. I've always had a soft spot for that big guy. He's awesome in all the series.

There's many favorite summons, but if I have to vote for one, I'd pick Bahamut. I've always had a soft spot for that big guy. He's awesome in all the series.

I agree, it was a toss up between this one and Shiva. To me it;s not Final fantasy with out their names in it some where.

I really wish Quezacoatl was a recurring summon. But if I had to choose from the list, probably Bahamut. Bahamut ZERO is the best.

I've always had such a hard time choosing between Shiva and Bahamaut. :lew: They're about on par for me. :hmmm:

Shiva is graceful, beautiful and has always been one of my more powerful (most often used) summons, whereas Bahamaut's design is grander and kinda stylish! Furthermore, I absolutely adore dragons, which he does resemble.

@Mitsuki I really liked Ixion in FFX too! :) His appearance was slightly chilling (his skeletal body) yet soft and calming. :hmmm:

I chose Shiva because she's always powerful and she's pretty, like a goddess of ice :) I really liked Diablos though from VIII because he had no-encounter which I love and use religiously when playing that game now. Ixion is awsome, in X he was pretty much my most powerful Aeon. Bahamut is gorgeous and looks great but he never actually deals enough demage; he's always really good but not amazing like he looks. I like Alexander from IX for the pretty CG :)

Xx..xX

For some reason I have always loved Ifrit. I dunno why either. I guess I just really like his design and he is fire elemental and fire is cool /smug

There are a few of them that I like. Here is the list:

Ark- My top favorite summon of all. His design looks amazing and his attack is insanely awesome! He is also one of my favorite boss from Final Fantasy IX.

Bahamut- One of my personal favorite summon. His design and appearance in Final Fantasy VIII was the best one out of all in my opinion.

Odin- Another great summon. His unique attack to instant kill his enemies is so epic! My favorite design and appearence of him is from Final Fantasy VIII.

There you have it. Those are my favorite summons from the series. Sadly I can only vote for one of them, so my vote goes to Bahamut, The King of Dragons.

Last edited:
Favorite Summon to use in game is Defiantly the Magnus Sisters from FFX.
Coolest Summon tho? Yojimbo from FFX, it sucks u have to give him gil to attack, but hes super awesome & has that pet puppy :)

Bahamut to me is Final Fantasy closely followed by Odin, Shiva and Ifrit. All hail Bahamut

My favorite has always been Ifrit. He's like a demon straight outta hell. Pretty awesome stuff right there :monster:

But I like other summons as well....of course Bahamut and Shiva will always be at the top of the list. I was torn between the three....but I voted Ifrit. He was my original favorite summon :)

I choose Shiva,personally.

Mod edit: alexande
Hi, for future reference, try not to post one-liners like this, as it can be considered as spam. Elaborate your point a little. thanks! =)

I voted for Odin. I like the fact that he just comes in and slays things. I guess Bahamut is the most iconic, if you will.

Its hard to choose one. I like dragon therefore Bahamut is my favourite but I really like the element fire and Ifrits appearance is very cool. But all in all my choose is Ifrit. Well I like dragons but the element fire symbolize strength and courage and together witf Ifrits appearance my choose fall for Ifrit. :)

Yojimbo from FFX, it sucks u have to give him gil to attack, but hes super awesome & has that pet puppy :)

Daigoro! <3 I like Yojimbo as well. I loved his intro, with the cherry blossoms and the moon. Also Shiva's intro and character design in FFVIII. Although not powerful, Siren was a good summon. But if only in terms of design, I think most (if not all) of FFXII's espers looked amazing. Not just that, but patterning the espers with zodiac signs was a great concept imo.

If I had to choose a favorite recurring summon, it would be Bahamut. He's a classic. Great design and he's always non-elemental so he's useful.

Bahamut ! Impulse and Mega Flare ! BY FAR! HANDS DOWN!!

I don't know do you agree with me but these are my favorite summons
final fantasy 7: Bahamut, Bahamut Zero,Phoenix and Shiva
final fantasy 8: Bahamut and Shiva and others i haven't decided yet
final fantasy 10: Bahamut,Shiva,Anima and Yojimbo
final fantasy 12: for this one it depends i don't know much/or i don't remember
final fantasy 13 Bahamut,Odin and Shiva sisters and don't worry i love other summons if i needed help
but however for final fantasy x-2: all of them i say that because they are worthy opponent and some i admit are hard to kill that's all i can think of at the moment

Back