Favorite Summons in the Series

Vote for the best recurring summon

• Total voters
ah this is tough...Its a toss up between Bahumut Zero and Odin from FF7. Diablo from FF8 was another good summon.

Bahamut. That old dragon has literally been in it since the beginning.

Besides, it has tons of incarnations, so it must be a favorite at Square, too. :neomon:

I assumed Bahamut would be storming this poll lol. I was going to select the standard but just had to put other instead, just for Yojimbo lol. :oops:

Seeing as though I've noticed the mods like some description, thought I would add, Yojimbo was great for the odd save on my first play through. Obviously after replaying I figured out once you knew what to give him he was a big cheat but before that I didn't feel so guilty.

I've always loved Bahamut, especially since he has a specific role in a few of the games. I'm also partial to Alexander, or any other holy summon, because I think holy is pretty epic.

And since I'm Nordic, I of course also like Odin. :P

Anima from FFX gets a special mention though. She was very sad and haunting.

Bahamut will always be the greatest to me. Even as a fucking machine in XIII, he's still an incredible summon. He'll always have my heart.

Anima is fucking delicious too.

I like Leviathan from Final Fantasy VIII. And I really don't even know why.

Phoenix from FFIX is nice too. The animation is pretty, and he's saved me many of times in the fight with Ozma.

The moment I enter, I knew Bahamut would storm the poll and I was right. Since he is the most popular, I would go for Odin just to balance the poll. Diablos also gets love from me.

For me I thought Phoenix was such a great summon in FFIX not only did it help out the party, if you played it right is everyone died Phoenix would ressurrect everyone. Such a huge advantage when you knew what you needed equipped in order for it to happen.

Why is Diablos always overlooked? He's one'a the most badass summons in the series imo.

Attachments

• final_fantasy_viii___guardian_force___diablos_by_tomzj1-d4zf3c6.jpg
    final_fantasy_viii___guardian_force___diablos_by_tomzj1-d4zf3c6.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 204
Bahamut by far.

The shere power he has in every game, the way he seems to evolve into a more and more bad-asser (that a word?) being each game, and the amount of destruction his attacks cause have to make me rank his as my favorite summon in the series.

FFX through a couple good one's in there with Ifrit looking awesome, and Anima blowing my mind. However, for a constant summon of awesomeness throughout Final Fantasy, Bahamut gets my vote.

Bahamut is such an asskicker and is definitely in my top 3 as far as favorites are concerned.
That being said, my favorite has got to be Anima from 10. That limit break was NASTY!

I liked the idea of Cerberus in FF8 but it didn't have an attack so I rarely used it. Also Tonberry + Cactuar But they aren't all that recurring, not as summons anyway. Bahamut is pretty damn cool so I went with it, but otherwise i'd have to say Alexander. I think it's appearance (I particularly imagine the FF9 one) combined with it's mythology and holy element make it pretty damn cool.

I picked Shiva. She tends to be one of the more reliable summon throughout the games history. Not only does she look super cool more often than not, she's also a pretty powerful summon. Even when you get her early on in the game, she's still pretty powerful, which is hella dope.

I chose Ifrit because he represents power and strength.

Last edited:
I voted Shiva with reference to the FFVIII Shiva. Her Diamond Dust in this game is the best. But I like Diablos as well: he is like an evil genie of the lamp!
I like the elegance of Shiva, she is so beautiful and..I love snow :3
However I think Ifrit is a nice esper too. He's like a fire lion, he represents strenght and pride.

Bahamut, because he is amazing. I thought he was cool all the way through the series, and then I played FFX. The way he just stands there with his arms folded is nothing short of epic.

Back