Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
A few notes and update. FFF now has a Twitter and Facebook page, as some of you may have already noticed. Thanks to Belazor for installing the icons for us as well. On the Mercurial skin, it is located on the top-right, next to the banner. On the FFForums v1 skin, it is located beneath the banner, top-left.

We've been slowly working on the pages, advertising the site when we can. We're aware that activity has been very low the past few months, so we've been trying to think of ways to generate activity and bring more members in. We know that there's already a FFF Facebook account started a few years ago by Kelly ( Facebook Account ), but this new one is a fan page, and we've been working on bringing new members in through that page. :)

Facebook and Twitter
- We'll start updating those with information and anything that may be of interest to the general public. We're also thinking of doing recognition to competition/event winners, etc.

SOTW- Tyler has started featuring SOTW and link it to the voting threads. People who aren't members of the forum won't be able to see the contents of the thread unless they sign up ( :D ), so guest-viewing for the Graphics Reverie is still disabled as it should be. GFX winner and their winning piece will also get a mention, but if you are not keen on that idea, please let us know right away via PM and we'll take a note not to display them.

Game Leaderboards - we will also make a mention of Gamer of the Week. Pockets will have more details for those who are part of the SEN/XBL Leaderboards.

Game Reviews - we wish to bring game reviews more out there. Every week, your review could be featured on Twitter/FB, even if it was done from awhile back. Of course, we would need permission, so if you guys are okay with this, PM us or we'll PM you when the time comes.

We'll do little things here and there, mostly to keep others interested and hopefully have them sign up and stay active.

Anything else? Let us know what you think or if you have any suggestions. Looking forward to hear some ideas.

Edit: New Youtube account: www.youtube.com/FFForumsNet

Last edited:
Sounds like a BRILLIANT idea!

I dont play XBL/SEN though, so I would luck out on that!

I love the idea of reviews and such. I would be happy to contribute in regards to reviews. I love writing, and writing about games would just be pure awesome xD

I was also thinking maybe some quizzes/questions and such? Much like the voting thing.

Ive tried adding the "page" as a friend. Im interested in this :)

^ This is a good idea. Does Twitter allow quizzes and things like it? I don't use the site, so I wouldn't know.

^ This is a good idea. Does Twitter allow quizzes and things like it? I don't use the site, so I wouldn't know.

yh, you just use a hashtag like FFFQuiz or something to keep track of questions and answers :D

Liked and followed both~

Jeff: What Stevie said. Though with quizzes you would just check to see who replied with the correct answer first and not have to worry as much about hash tags.

I've liked on Facebook now, so I'll be following there. Haven't used Twitter for a while, but I may follow there too :)

Thanks folks. Hoping to try some new avenues out and get this place... moderately active again. :) If you have any suggestions on the Facebook and Twitter accounts, please let us know.

~ Don't be a smart ass. ;)

I am now following on Twitter, as I'm obsessed with it, will like on Facebook as well.

As intended, we plan to feature some game reviews on FB/Twitter. But here's another idea that I have in mind. Similar to a 'Request a Game Review' thread (which never really took off), we can pick a game for the month (for instance, Mass Effect 3) to be the main highlight. Members who submit a review for that time period in our Game Reviews section (and actually follow the criteria: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/showthread.php?t=25764 ) will get to be featured on FB (via Notes) and Twitter. I'll personally donate vB points as well. When selecting a game for the month, we can even do a quick poll (maybe 3-5 games, one or two classics included) so you guys can vote. This is mostly to encourage members to write a review and make sure that it goes through by setting a deadline. I know that game reviews can take awhile, but hopefully through this, it'll be met with positive response.

I'd like to see some interest though, or if you have any suggestions on how to expand it a little more, let's hear it. :)

what about submitting general news within the gaming industry? i am in the loop as to whats going on behind the scenes with a lot of the gaming industries due to a few friends who for EA.

With the new upgrade right around the corner, (and new features and possibilities) I'm still pushing for this. I want a new presentation for the game reviews and asked about the possibility of having an integrated system for 'reviews'. Basically, bring it more out there, maybe even make it an 'official' thing and hire members to write intensive game reviews. But we'll have to wait until there's a secure review system, which hopefully we'll have some news on that soon.

But if you guys have any ideas, please let me know. A game review spotlight corner is something I really want to see here, and push to give our talented writers out there a reason for writing game reviews more often.

The game reviews sounds like a good idea, Mits. Even though I'm not that great of a writer, stuff like that would give me an incentive to try harder and make a couple reviews. :hmmm:

Don't have to be the greatest writer, though obviously if there's grammar / spelling errors we spot (meaning we'd have to really crack on it and follow the strict guidelines for the game reviews, scoring system included), we'll let the members know. Pockets and I were discussing how we've let a few of those slide (reviews not properly following the guideline / format we have now), but with this next project, it'll be under scrutiny. But don't let that discourage you. ;)

Are you guys ok with picking a game to 'highlight' and have it go through a voting poll for members to vote? I think that's the question now and if we can get a good idea how to run and set this up, then we'll roll with it and hopefully later, acquire that 'review system' for a more decent presentation.

Yeah, I doubt that will discourage me too much. :wacky:

I think the voting is a good idea, that way people can have somewhat of a say in what gets reviewed by the people, instead of people just getting told "this is what it is, and you have to like it".

Back