[07/03] Vita Grand Theft Auto, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Tales games leaked by Play.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-O

England's Answer to A Epic Wheelchair Driving Arml
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
screenshot_279165.jpg

Online retailer Play.com has seemingly outed four major upcoming Vita games.

As spotted by users on gtaforums.com, Play posted Vita product listings for Monster Hunter Portable 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Nights, Tales Of Innocence R and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, although it has started removing them. The Monster Hunter one is still live at the time of writing.
Presumably these are the games Sony's planning to announce this Friday as part of its PlayStation Vita Game Heaven webcast. Good news for Vita fans if so.

Source:Computer and Video Games

That box-art looks fake (I also compared the other ones). I thought Type-0 was coming via DLC for PSP compatibility anyway?

I'll wait for a more solid source before jumping the gun on this one.

1) The URL doesn't seem to be there anymore. Chances are, someone on CVG knew how stupid posting this as news was and wisely took it down.

2) None of the above items are listed on Play.com anymore, so chances are, someone on Play.com knew how stupid posting them up for pre-order was and wisely took them down.

3) Retail websites are hardly places to get news like this. For instance, there's not even been any word on a Monster Hunter 3 for Vita in Japan yet, or whether there will even be an announcement. GTA Vice City Nights doesn't even exist. Even if sites do produce dates when they're not confirmed, they are only tentative and nothing final.

Feel free to remake this if something concrete does come up, but due to the above, I am closing this. Or alternatively, give me a call and I can re-open this.

[Thread Closed]

Last edited:
On second thoughts, don't ask me to re-open this thread. Not only is this not going to happen, but it was clearly fabricated and some sites didn't even bother checking. Play.com played no part in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back