Has anybody heard the soundtrack for Type-0?

Grimer

Blue Mage
Gil
Just listened to the entire thing. One of the most memorable soundtracks in recent memory. feels more cohesive than recent soundtracks. What do you all think?

/such a geek /knows the lyrics to Zero because Ace my bb

Anyways. I've only listened to selective tracks, but enough for me to draw to the conclusion that the atmosphere created by each of them were unique. Zero, for example, has 2 different versions, the short one's very depressing because spoilers for the opening. The long one has a variety of feels to it - the techno sound effects at the beginning were a nice contrast to the rest of the soft piece. However, what killed me was the traditional FF Prologue as the bridge. /sobs to this day

I could go on and on, but there's so many genres covered by the whole OST and each of them fits perfectly to what it's played to in the game.

/such a geek /knows the lyrics to Zero because Ace my bb

Anyways. I've only listened to selective tracks, but enough for me to draw to the conclusion that the atmosphere created by each of them were unique. Zero, for example, has 2 different versions, the short one's very depressing because spoilers for the opening. The long one has a variety of feels to it - the techno sound effects at the beginning were a nice contrast to the rest of the soft piece. However, what killed me was the traditional FF Prologue as the bridge. /sobs to this day

I could go on and on, but there's so many genres covered by the whole OST and each of them fits perfectly to what it's played to in the game.

I'm glad you appreciate the OST too! I have not played the game yet, but your post about the soundtrack fitting in with the game makes me want to play it now.

Just listened to the entire thing. One of the most memorable soundtracks in recent memory. feels more cohesive than recent soundtracks. What do you all think?

I loved the soundtrack, especially that song of Bump of Chicken. I also love "Utakata" which is an exclusive of the HD version.

Last edited:
Just listening to the music in the game so far about 3 chapters in and there's a lot of music from past FF's. I've noticed a memorable one from FFXII and now as I entered an infirmary, it sounds like more FFXII music is playing from Airships themes and such. I'm liking the nostalgic presence of the music.

I love Type-0's soundtrack. The re-orchestrated versions in the HD remaster are really fantastic. Every piece just feels so powerful in this one, even across different moods. That intro with the song by Bump of Chicken just sends chills down my spine.

I'm curious to know why the title is 'Bump of Chicken'. Does anyone know? I love it though, can't stop listening to it. Actually will let it play for a bit before playing the game.

Edit:

Lol nevermind, I guess that's the name of the band. Well I guess it makes a little more sense.

Back