FFXIII XIII on PS3 or 360?

shreds97

hurdurrrr
Gil
I'm thinking about getting XIII (and XIII-2 for that matter) and I want to know what system is best. I want it on the Xbox 360, but I've heard it has framerate issues and crashes. I have a PS3, but I don't play it often.

Which system is XIII worth getting for?

Thanks.

PS3.

Why?

PS3 is better. Xbox is shit.

There you go.

Honestly I have seen it on both...and it really doesn't matter, the graphics look a little smoother on the ps3 but if you like the xbox control's better, go with the xbox controls. It really doesn't matter. The only reaason why I would say get it on the ps3 is if you have the HD tv and all the cords for the hd tv set up for your ps3.

I'd say it depends which 360 you have... Do you have the most recent model? If so, I don't think it matters. I have the old 360 and it has lagged a bit when I've played XIII. My PS3, on the other hand, has had no problems running XIII-2 whatsoever, but it's a recent model of the PS3.

I played it on the 360 and didn't have any problems with it crashing or not looking good. :hmmm: I've also heard people report no issues on the ps3, so I think you can get away with using whichever one you want. :hmmm:

I'd go with the PS3 version because the Xbox version's graphics are being upscaled from something around 576p and the PS3's version is upscaled from 720p. So that guarantees better visuals, if you'd consider that a factor.

Also, the PS3 version has 1 disc, the Xbox version is split across 3 discs, so you'll have to get up and switch discs as you go through. It's because the Xbox's DVD format discs don't have enough room to fit the whole game on one, yet a PS3 blu-ray disc does have enough room.

If you could play it on both systems, every review I've ever read said it's better to play on the PS3 if you have the choice, and I can vouch for it.

I feel that the graphics on PS3 is better too! And when I realized the game is spread across 3 discs on XBox when my fren bought it, I laughed at him. BWHAHAHA. Ok sorry..

Well I bought FFXIII and FFXIII-2 on my xbox 360 even when I had a PS3. The graphics are a little smoother on the PS3 but that is really the only difference. Yes the PS3 version is on 1 disc and the X360 is 3 discs but I like the multiple discs. It made it feel like a FF game, you know putting in the last disc which means your at the finale haha. But it is all down to your decision :)

PS3, all the way. I love my console, and I never experienced any issues with it. If you have a 720p + TV with HDMI cables, the game looks beautiful :3

I have the game for Xbox 360 and I have no problem with it and see no difference in the systems aside from the Xbox having 3 discs instead of 1. I'd say go with whatever you play more if you have both systems.

from experience FFXIII laged badly on xbox 360 :gasp: also it being on 3 discs don't help :wacky: from what I played of the ps3 soo far it seems to lag less compared to xbox, I not played ffxiii or ffxiii-2 on ps3 yet but if it lags less go for ps3, also visuals bare better on ps3 with ffxiii :)

PS3.
only one disk
FF games should be on a sony console only. Not that shitbox microsoft console.

But to be honest you should probably avoid this game on either console and put your money towards a good game.

The PS3 version of XIII has one disc but XIII-2 has one disc for both systems. I would choose the PS3 because that's my only console and also.... the 360 gives you Gamer Pictures for achievements but you get XMB themes for the PS3 trophies.

It makes no difference, there is NO noticable difference between these systems.

Yeah, I definetely enjoy FFXIII on the 360. And it appears the graphics on my 360 are just as good. It's really interesting how people want to justify the PS3 being superier, as i'm sure most of those people don't even own the 360 console and they clearly have no better reason other than (the PS3 is better than the 360)...how many times have you rolled your eyes at that...?

Yeah, I definetely enjoy FFXIII on the 360. And it appears the graphics on my 360 are just as good. It's really interesting how people want to justify the PS3 being superier, as i'm sure most of those people don't even own the 360 console and they clearly have no better reason other than (the PS3 is better than the 360)...how many times have you rolled your eyes at that...?

A lot of times it's kids who can only afford to have one system, so they come out with "my system is better" It's sad but it's happened since the dawn of time. At the end of the day it comes down to which controller you prefer

Back