FFXIII XIII on PS3 or 360?

The console itself can be superior or not but its up to the developers wether they can reach the console's full potential.

I could care less about the controller lmao, at the end of the day is which console has the most (good) developers supporting. Thus EXCLUSIVE titles.

I bought my ps3 mainly because of the exclusive titles.

Well On Topic:

People just answered OP's question imo and I didnt feel like replying since I dont own the games or xbox.
4 discs however is ridiculous. Other than that no difference between the games on the 2 consoles.

The console itself can be superior or not but its up to the developers wether they can reach the console's full potential.

I could care less about the controller lmao, at the end of the day is which console has the most (good) developers supporting. Thus EXCLUSIVE titles.

I bought my ps3 mainly because of the exclusive titles.

Well On Topic:

People just answered OP's question imo and I didnt feel like replying since I dont own the games or xbox.
4 discs however is ridiculous. Other than that no difference between the games on the 2 consoles.

Changing a disc every 10 hours or so (process taking 15 seconds) is no issue. none.

If you have a serious problem with that, it's just sheer laziness.

(but more likely, it's just a grasping at straws, fraction of a percentile that one consoles supporters use to claim superiority, "you can save 60 seconds of time over the course of a 40 hour game with PS3, it's a no-contest")

Again, I have both consoles, as well as a Wii, 3DS, Pc and tablet.

I just don't like it when people perpetrate myths, and it's usually from the Ps3 side of the fence.

The consoles are DEAD EVEN, in game selection, and anything else that matters.

Console "wars" are as pathetic as the Iphone - s3 "wars" going on right now.

neither is "better" just get the one you prefer and don't put down other people's choices.

/rant

Infern0

You dont seem to grasp the fact that left out a lot of content just for the xbox version. Fact bluray can contain way more content. If FFXIII remained exclusive it would have more content. Otherwise xbox version would have6 discs lmao.

Like I said its about the exclusives. Competition is good.

PS3, I have it for both and the game seems to run a hell of alot smoother & Sharper on the PS3. I think IGN did a comparison on youtube & they stated that if you want to get everything out of the game then go for the PS3!

Last edited:
Old thread, but if anyone is still interested, I definitely throw my vote in for PS3. The Bluray format allows for basically 0 texture compression, which means less processing power has to be dedicated to texture decompression, which means overall graphics will be sharper, higher res, and smoother in FPS. The Xbox 360 may have better antialiasing than the PS3, but I'll take real pixels over sub-HD being antialiased any day. Besides, it's just pretty obvious that XIII was designed with the PS3 in mind, so naturally it will perform better there. Some areas suffer from pretty heavy framerate drops on the 360, and the antialiasing can't hide all the jaggies, leaving the experience decidedly more rough than on the PS3.

Putting it that way makes the difference really sound huge though, when the reality is much more subtle. Either platform looks good, but if you've got the choice and want the best possible experience, PS3 is the way to go.

I don't think it makes much difference, though it might be sentimental for some to play it on the PS simply because it's been the mother console for FF since VII.

I agree towards the whole mother console statement :3.

But yeah, I'd go with the PS3 because the game looks outstanding on it.

I have a PS2 and a 360. I had heard that XIII is less choppy on the PS3, but obviously I had to get it on the 360 :)

I know one of the notable things about the 360 is that it serves better justice when it comes to color, but not so much on smoothness.

I have the PS3 version,and I've never had a problem with the game. No freezing or technical issues. Personally though, I'd hate to change discs(Yes, I'm lazy)

So if you're like me, get the PS3 version.

I've played it on both systems and it was exactly the same on both. No problems at all. The only difference was that the XBOX had multiple discs which you had to change occasionally. In terms of visuals I didn't notice much difference and they ran at pretty stable frame rates. I guess I enjoy playing it on the PS3 for 'nostalgia' but in terms of quality there's virtually no difference.

Back