FFXIII-2 If there was possibly a Final Fantasy XIII-3...

From reading other people's theories and speculation, I come to believe that no one can die in Valhalla. It's a realm with no distinction between life and death. If someone dies he may disappear, etc, but due to the chaotic property of time, he is dead, yet not dead. It's quite hard to understand but from the secret ending, it can inferred that Caius knows that he is going to survive all along. Therefore, he doesn't hesitate letting himself killed, knowing that he MUST eventually exist, sitting on that throne. He saw that all possibilities in the timeline MUST result in his victory. Hence no matter what Serah and Noel do, he will in some way triumph. Well there is a small glimmer of hope apparently. But we don't know of that yet.

On a side note, do you notice that Mog doesn't have his clock staff during the ending CGI? It's actually mentioned in the fragments that Mog himself is just a dummy. The real Mog resides in the clock staff. So what if Mog is the last hope left? Has the staff been left in the void beyond, where chaos doesn't affect it? Look at Caius in the secret ending. He is supposedly in the void beyond, and he isn't affected by chaos. So Mog's real form might just be a very important plot device in the eventual continuation of the game.

Or... The developers may have actually forgotten to animate Mog's staff in the ending :P

I hope Serah stays dead, not that I didn't like her but I respect XIII-2 a lot because of that ending and hope they stay true to it. Too many endings these days are nothing but smiles as they walk into the moonlight. I'm glad they took that chance. I honestly would like to see more of Snow if there is a 3rd game. He's a bit big-headed but he always backs it up and does it for the right reason. Other than that I hope to see Sazh, Fang, Vanille, and obviously Lightning. And I hope the story revolves around Lightning and Snow. But this is all just hoping. :) I wouldn't have expected XIII-2 to play out like it did and yet I loved it.

I reckon the main party in FFXIII-3 (if it happens) should be Noel and Hope, with the company of Mog, on their quest to stop the world from being completely obliterated by the Chaos. With the help of Snow and Sazh, and possibly Vanille and Fang? But Noel and Hope should be the main focus I reckon.

I'm guessing that Lightning is the new Etro now, so maybe she can be of some help in the sequel too, and maybe give Noel some kind of power that Caius was given by Etro?

And maybe Mog should have more of a backstory as well, as to how he got into this game.

And I reckon Serah's death would play a large part in it too. Maybe it will affect the characters in a big way, especially Snow.

I don't really know to be honest, although I know that Serah should stay dead or be reincarnated like Yeul was.

Lightning, Serah, Fang, Vanille, Jihl, Snow, Dajh, Hope, Sazh, Noel, Caius, Yule

Etro being revealed all along to be behind the whole thing.

I haven't finished X-2 yet so I don't know if it's possible, but number one choice I want is Snow, he's just the best character.

I'd also like Lightning, Fang and Vanille back

Serah and Noel are kinda "meh" for me, I wouldn't mind them there, but I can take them or leave them.

Also i'd like to have more than a 2 person party, please.

I liked hope, so I would like him, snow, sazh, lightning, Noel, Fang. Caius to re-appear somehow :D

You know what, Snow was kinda annoying at first but damn, the fucker grew on me.

Of course, just as he grew on me, FFXIII-2 barely had him and it's confirmed you won't play as him in FFXIII-3

*SMITEMEO'MIGHTYSMITER!"

Back