[V2] Worst Final Fantasy Game?

Worst Final Fantasy game?

• Total voters
I voted FFX-2. The game is just bad. The soundtrack is terrible, they somehow took 2 characters I loved in FFX and made them into the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard, the world was reused and much more bland than ever, the story was terrible, and the villains were terrible. No matter how many times I try to go back to the game and I have *really* honest to god tried to like this game. I just can't. I gave up. At the battle system was pretty good. But that's the only compliment this game gets from me.

i don't think it's really fair that xiii has gotten so many votes its got a stunning story and its the same battle system as number 8 and that so nothing is wrong with the game-play its just got no footholds as a newcomer against classics like 7, 8 and 10. so give it a little more credit.

Sorry if I'm late to the party. But I just have to ask, what did you say? 13 has the same battle system as 8????? What? Did you even play 8? These battle systems are vastly and completely different.

But 13 is by far the worst IMO, although I voted for X-2. 13 had a shitty storyline, completely terrible characters except for Sazh, absolute JOKE of a final boss(I can cast death on a boss and kill it?), leveling system was pure garbage as there was virtually zero customization, no challenge, continuously mashing the "Auto Battle" because there is no need for any strategy due to no challenge, you can't travel to any place you previously visited, the missions that were supposed to be a challenge are actually cake(yes that includes Vorcingetorix as well), Snow and all of his "OH IM A HERO! LISTEN TO MY ROAR!" rhetoric he spewed was unbearable, completely linear game that all you do is go from point A- get in random fights-kill boss- cutscene to point B and repeat the process again, weapons upgrading was laughable. The only character besides Sazh that was worth a damn and actually could have had something was Jill Nahbatt or however you spell her name. And, well, yeah so much for her.
I'll stop at this.

Sorry if I'm late to the party. But I just have to ask, what did you say? 13 has the same battle system as 8????? What? Did you even play 8? These battle systems are vastly and completely different.

But 13 is by far the worst IMO, although I voted for X-2. 13 had a shitty storyline, completely terrible characters except for Sazh, absolute JOKE of a final boss(I can cast death on a boss and kill it?), leveling system was pure garbage as there was virtually zero customization, no challenge, continuously mashing the "Auto Battle" because there is no need for any strategy due to no challenge, you can't travel to any place you previously visited, the missions that were supposed to be a challenge are actually cake(yes that includes Vorcingetorix as well), Snow and all of his "OH IM A HERO! LISTEN TO MY ROAR!" rhetoric he spewed was unbearable, completely linear game that all you do is go from point A- get in random fights-kill boss- cutscene to point B and repeat the process again, weapons upgrading was laughable. The only character besides Sazh that was worth a damn and actually could have had something was Jill Nahbatt or however you spell her name. And, well, yeah so much for her.
I'll stop at this.

I agree with you a lot. I'm just wondering, why did you vote for X-2 instead of XIII if you hate XIII so much?

I agree with you a lot. I'm just wondering, why did you vote for X-2 instead of XIII if you hate XIII so much?

When I clicked to vote I initially wanted to rant on X-2, but then I got to thinking about XIII and that just set me over the edge so I had to rant on that one. Despite my vote already being cast :/

I voted FF XII. Very dissapointing game almost from the start. For some reason a curvy line shoots out from my character at enemies because I'm to stupid to know which enemy I'm attacking. /sarcasm

Also for some reason they use an MMO-style combat system where you click to auto-attack and then spells thereafter. It's very boring and it feels like your not even controlling your character. The AI system for the other characters was also horrible; They would heal when characters didn't need healing and vice versa.

The leveling system...was strange.

The story...was crap. I would recite how it was crap but I don't remember it, because it was crap.

Consideringbso much movement is going on, that curgy line helps to a degree and you get to see what other characters are aiming too. So why hate on something completely irrelevant to ff12's success and failure?

Auto battle is optional and the pacing is completely different if you choose auto battle or not, unlike ff13 where auto battle and manual is the same thing.

The "worst"? Hmm...FFX-2-XIV. :wacky:

Unless the new XIV is better. :D Final Fantasy hasn't been the same since X; they've ALL been bad since then! >_< But if I had to choose the worst...it's either between FF12, FF13 and FF14. FF14 I wouldn't know because I haven't played, but the ratings I've seen were pretty bad. And fields and fields filled with NOTHING? I saw that SE!!!! :O I'm also going to add this game, even though I actually like it, but FF8. NOTHING made sense in that game! And the battle system - ugh! The characters, the story...how they were finalized and given to us - POOR! I like the world, the feeling of the game, the settings, the "normalness" of it...but overall, it really lacks as a video game. I can't choose. -_-

And FF3 is up there as well. I just HATE games that require you to do a lot of grinding and battling with almost NO story. Can't do it. Don't like'em. >_<

The "worst"? Hmm...FFX-2-XIV. :wacky:

Unless the new XIV is better. :D Final Fantasy hasn't been the same since X; they've ALL been bad since then! >_< But if I had to choose the worst...it's either between FF12, FF13 and FF14. FF14 I wouldn't know because I haven't played, but the ratings I've seen were pretty bad. And fields and fields filled with NOTHING? I saw that SE!!!! :O I'm also going to add this game, even though I actually like it, but FF8. NOTHING made sense in that game! And the battle system - ugh! The characters, the story...how they were finalized and given to us - POOR! I like the world, the feeling of the game, the settings, the "normalness" of it...but overall, it really lacks as a video game. I can't choose. -_-

And FF3 is up there as well. I just HATE games that require you to do a lot of grinding and battling with almost NO story. Can't do it. Don't like'em. >_<

you might aswell hate ff1 too. Still.....my vote is on ff13. Because out of all the failures of ff. Ff13 tries too hard to pass otself as a success by becoming a trilogy. But it steals everything ffx-2.

It just takes the past failures of ff and pass them off as success

Final Fantasy II for me. The whole activity-based progression thing where you have to do something to level up in that thing, was just awkward and made the game unnecessarily confusing at times. There has been a lot of not so great elements in the combat/progression systems of a lot of Final Fantasy games. The junction magic in FF VIII, the Sphere grid in FF X, trance in FF IX. Those were all minor annoyances compared to FF II though.

I think that my least favourite is II. I've got it on my phone, and I think it's really awkward. Difficult to level up, not really clear on what you need to do, so many secret passageways that you have to know where they are to find them, or else you end up walking into walls everywhere and taking twelve times as long to get through a room than you should. I did like the storyline, but I think that this was overshadowed by the awkwardness of the gameplay.

Then again, at the moment it's the only FF game I can carry around with me, so I can't complain too much...

Consideringbso much movement is going on, that curgy line helps to a degree and you get to see what other characters are aiming too. So why hate on something completely irrelevant to ff12's success and failure?

In my opinion, it is not irrelevant. It distracts from the FF universe and reaffirms that you are playing a game (a bad one at that) which is something you don't want in a game. A good game to me is where you can escape into a fantasy world for a little bit. I don't know maybe the 'curvy line' along with numerous other things which have already been stated in this thread compounded into me disliking the game. Learn to read between the lines man.

In my opinion, it is not irrelevant. It distracts from the FF universe and reaffirms that you are playing a game (a bad one at that) which is something you don't want in a game. A good game to me is where you can escape into a fantasy world for a little bit. I don't know maybe the 'curvy line' along with numerous other things which have already been stated in this thread compounded into me disliking the game. Learn to read between the lines man.
Im sorrry but thats ridiculous. Why jot hate ff7 for its poor graphics that doesnt age well throughout the years? Or other things.

You have to admit, your hate for such a small thing is ridiculous? Ff12 also offered more free roam than any other ff game and the freedom to get into battles, meaning you can enjoy the ffbuniverse much more.

I even dare say this game offers more to get enveloped in the world compared to previous ff games. Auto battle and warp to a battle area didnt offer what ff12 did.

You might aswell hate the HUD of every FF game. And you might aswell hate the turn base system for having such a unrealistic battle system.

ibdont know the more you explain how you hate ff12, the more apparent it becomes you havent played many ff games.

Im sorrry but thats ridiculous. Why jot hate ff7 for its poor graphics that doesnt age well throughout the years? Or other things.

Because when FF7 came out the graphics wern't poor at all in fact they were great. I still prefer FF7's graphics to running around as Vann.

You have to admit, your hate for such a small thing is ridiculous? Ff12 also offered more free roam than any other ff game and the freedom to get into battles, meaning you can enjoy the ffbuniverse much more.

I don't recall using the word hate in my previous post.

I even dare say this game offers more to get enveloped in the world compared to previous ff games. Auto battle and warp to a battle area didnt offer what ff12 did.

You might aswell hate the HUD of every FF game. And you might aswell hate the turn base system for having such a unrealistic battle system.

ibdont know the more you explain how you hate ff12, the more apparent it becomes you havent played many ff games.

You seem to get into alot of arguments with people on the forums. You sure it's not a issue on your end?

good dodge. But my point still stands. I can understand hating ff12 for alot and characters and maybe too big of a world, but when you mentioned that beam, it was frickin ridiculous

I usually avoid unnecessary debating and raging. But yours took the cake.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. All I know is the first time I saw the line I remember hating it because I thought it was completely unnecessary. It was just another arbitrary addition to an already arbitrary game to me.

Definitely XIII. I have yet to finish it, I am 40 hours into the game right before you fight The Proudclad for the second time, but at this point I am basically forcing myself to complete it as I already got sick of it. Even by around the 15 hour mark I was already finding the game a chore to play through. It is not only insanely linear and limited in it's game play, nor does it only has an awful pacing and storytelling, but it is also one of the most repetitive/monotonous games I have ever played. I'll try and expand later as I am heading for work now but really, I regret getting this game even tho I only paid around 16 bucks for it. Worst FF ever, and I played Mystic Quest.

I'm struggling with this one. I always used to say FFII, but FFXIII is really poor in my opinion. It's a decent game in general, but as a Final Fantasy game, it is disappointing. I think for that reason, I'll have to stick with FFII, but it is a close one. FFII had an awkward system (which I think could be really good if tweaked a little), a few little features which didn't stick in the series, and doesn't have the timelessness of FFI.

I personally didn't include spinoffs/sequels and MMOs, I consider those apart from the main series. If I did, I'm sure my vote would be different.

I'm gonna go for 12. Now, it could have easily been 13, but 12 has a few things that made it completely unplayable to me (even though I pushed through and finished it once).

- Dull characters (here's looking at everyone but Balthier and Fran)
- A generic soundtrack (very un-FF like)
- A sloooow battle system that was somehow slower than regular turn-based. Innovation still needs to be fun :/
- A boring overworld. Throw an enemy here and a palm tree there and everything is so much more detailed! :yawn:
- Lack of a story worth paying attention to.
- A villain with nothing going for him. Boring design, voice-acting and characterisation in general.

The positives for the game? Good graphics for the time. SE going for style over substance...stop the press!

...:wacky:

Im gonna have to say 12. i bought it used from a family video and it was only 10 bucks, and it was after i had beatin FFX for the 3rd time so i figured 12 would be awesome... everything about it was so boring. the characters to the plot to the progress you dont make unless u play for hours at a time. it just felt way to slow and boring for my tastes.
FFX and 13-2 are my favorites right now. FFX ruling over all the Final Fantasy games imo.

Its shames me how much hate ffXll gets...I mean its different from the rest but that's a good thing! It all comes down to opinion, but to me the setting and story are very appealing. It's also good to change up the gameplay to have some variety. Just because the game is different, does not make it suck. It's as if you were friends with people who were all EXACTLY the same...what fun would that be? You have friends with different personalities and that's how I like my games...varied.
Anyways I'm done defending ffXll. My vote went for ff1...simply because it had no story compared to the rest. You literally knew nothing about the four characters you play as..and the plot is simple and almost childish to me.

My vote went for ff1...simply because it had no story compared to the rest. You literally knew nothing about the four characters you play as..and the plot is simple and almost childish to me.

The game is like twenty- Seven years old ! Yeah ! It's going to have a lack of storyline and character development because it was hard to make a game like that back then due to limitations.
:srsly:

Back