Help Trouble getting through the Giza Plains

Gabe

Your friend.
Veteran
Gil
I'm trying to get through the Giza Plains, but there's lightning bolt 'storm elementals' everywhere and they're really halting my progress. They always violate me with Thundaga attacks and usually instantly kill one of my party members. My team is level 18-20, and we all have around 600-700 HP. I'm at the point in the story after the S____g of L_______n.
The Sinking of Leviathan

I'm trying to get through the Giza Plains, but there's lightning bolt 'storm elementals' everywhere and they're really halting my progress. They always violate me with Thundaga attacks and usually instantly kill one of my party members. My team is level 18-20, and we all have around 600-700 HP. I'm at the point in the story after the S____g of L_______n.
The Sinking of Leviathan

It's creepy and cool at the same time that both of us are exactly in the same area =)

I'm replaying the game right now. My team is worse than yours, at lvl 15-16.

These elementals will only get hostile IF you use any form of magick near it. It doesn't matter whether you are targetting it, other enemies or your allies, it will become aggressive once a magick is cast. So set all your gambits to non-magick. I'm not sure about magicks cast by other monsters. So just flee before any individual cast magick, to be safe. Or turn off your gambits when you are near them.

It's creepy and cool at the same time that both of us are exactly in the same area =)

I'm replaying the game right now. My team is worse than yours, at lvl 15-16.

These elementals will only get hostile IF you use any form of magick near it. It doesn't matter whether you are targetting it, other enemies or your allies, it will become aggressive once a magick is cast. So set all your gambits to non-magick. I'm not sure about magicks cast by other monsters. So just flee before any individual cast magick, to be safe. Or turn off your gambits when you are near them.

So you're saying I could fight it with ease if I only used "Attack" with everyone? Or just didn't cast any magic around it, including "Protect"? Because I have gambits that make the other party members automatically cast Protect whenever given the opportunity.

So you're saying I could fight it with ease if I only used "Attack" with everyone? Or just didn't cast any magic around it, including "Protect"? Because I have gambits that make the other party members automatically cast Protect whenever given the opportunity.

No don't fight it at all. It will also get aggresive if you target it. I think it's too strong for your lvls.
yes protect is also magick. Just turn it off temporarily.

No don't fight it at all. It will also get aggresive if you target it. I think it's too strong for your lvls.
yes protect is also magick. Just turn it off temporarily.

This ^

Its like them t rex efforts, some things are just best avoided in certain areas when you first arrive, the elementals shouldnt react as long as youre not using magic near them, they generally just float around green and harmless unless you wind them up

Its a pain when they are on those bridge things in the giza plains though ): its hard to get away if one decides to start a fight with you

The only time an elemental will attack you is if you use magic ANYWHERE near it( any type of magic, even healing spells or buffs targeting your own party.) I would suggest that you either hold L2 and R2 so that you flee and dont act, or that you turn off your gambits when you see one and just attack manually. So long as you dont attack it or use magik near them, they will leave you alone.

Back