FFXIII-2 XIII-2's soundtrack...

Gabe

Your friend.
Veteran
Gil
Sounds like this for the first 5 hours of the game:

Think about it. Remember the song that played during the daytime in New Bodhum.

Sounds like this for the first 5 hours of the game:

Think about it. Remember the song that played during the daytime in New Bodhum.

hahaha nice spot. The music in this game is.....irritating to say the least. I thought it was just opening music to the game at first. Then I left new Bodhum and the singing continued! Don't get me started about the multi-coloured chocobo music....

FFXIII-2 has the best music ever :mokken:

LOL! I'm a huge metal fan and not put off by "heavy" and "loud" music, but that song is just awful. First time I got on one of the chocobo's I just kept repeating "no....no....no....NOOOO!"

LOL! I'm a huge metal fan and not put off by "heavy" and "loud" music, but that song is just awful. First time I got on one of the chocobo's I just kept repeating "no....no....no....NOOOO!"

I hated it at first to..then I started to listen to it...and got addicted xD

I hated it at first to..then I started to listen to it...and got addicted xD

haha I guess I'll have to put a version on my ipod and listen to it whilst I sleep, just so I can tolerate it when I play the game. Though I'm considering selling it, which is shocking considering it's a final fantasy game :(

I'm gonna sound odd and say I actually like the music from this game. Better than some of the pieces from XIII.

I hated it. Though it does have some nice tracks, though even those are completely forgetful.

It's too annoying, obnoxious and when you're trying to focus on finding Moogle Treasure all you can hear is " Noel was booorn a yoooung boy, or lala lala lala ".

Somebody online, can't remember said that FF XIII-2's soundtrack sounds like elevator music, and I really agree with him. The person, whoever he was.

I don't think it's the worse soundtrack in the series, though it doesn't excuse it from being terrible. And the boss music is just dreadful. I have to turn down the volume whenever it's playing.
:srsly:

2/10 :oy:

I have to say, some tracks are better than FFXIII, but still not the best OST ever.
The choir songs were btter at least as they were HORRIBLE in FFXIII.

I got irritated by the songs with vocals. Yeah it's fun at first, but not when you want to explore a whole area. Just give me some more instrumental songs!
I mostly don't notice when those repeat xD
The metal songs in the game made me laugh xD it was totally unexpected. I don't like the crazy chocobo song when I listen to it when I'm on the chocobo though, but listening to it on my laptop is so much better. I think that has to do with the lack of irritating chocobo sounds xD
I'm gonna rate this ost a 6/10

The OST has grown on me. :lew: At first, I disliked it. New Bodhum, for example, clashed horribly with the dialogue. However, after playing through the entire game and seeing how each piece fit within the story and/or environments, I came to appreciate even some of the crazier tracks like Crazy Chocobo. ;) I went ahead and bought the XIII-2 Limited Edition OST for my birthday. :lew:

I wouldn't say the OST is as good as the OSTs for FFs VII, VIII and X (which are my favourites), but it joins those three as one of my absolute favourites. It's a mixed bag - some of the music is as strong as the best examples from Nobuo Uematsu; some is a diabolical attempt at hard rock. :lew: I love it, despite its imperfections. :)

Yeul's Theme, Noel's Theme, Time Song, and Serah's Theme are absolutely beautiful. I listen to each piece frequently and they take me back to some of the more emotional, well scripted moments in the game. :grin:

Equally good, but for another reason, are the catchy pieces one may hear whilst battling: Last Hunters, Run, Paradigm Shift and Knight of the Goddess. I personally found these pieces made each battle exciting. ;)

We have those slightly poppy, slightly relaxing, environmental pieces - New Bodhum, Plains of Eternity - which seem a little out of place at first, but soon become part of the location, adding to its character.

The OST even offers chilling music, pieces with tones, movements and intruments that suggest something sinister or distressing lurks around the corner: Paradox, Eclipse, Chaotic Labyrinth and let's not forget Caius' Theme, which is an excellent example of the ambience a vocal choir can create if ever I saw one!

Tbh, even though many fans hates this song, this is probably my favourite battle theme song in the entire franchise.

Something else.
Does anyone know what songs are different in the Japanese-English releases? Like for example, FF13 had Kimi ga Iru Kara in the japanese release while the western had My Hands.

I love the New Bodhum track, it's so beautiful and cute. There's an 'Aggressive' mix of the song too.

<strong><em>

I absolutely LOVE this song. This tune, the futuristic city, topped off with fighting Cie'th, awesome stuff. I remember staying there and fighting, just so I could keep hearing this song.
Amazing stuff <3

Back