Crisis Core was it fair against genesis ?

taus fair

Soldier 1st Class
Gil
okay...the thing is...i was wondering...
zack fighting against genesis..i mean making him their enemy...was it really fair ?
all that genesis wanted was to live and not to die cz of degradation
in the end he even succeeded...and didn't go after cloud anymore
he didn't pose any threat to the world.... just for SHIN-RA!
so ...was it really fair that zack fair fought him and made him half dead ?
though zack is my most favorite character...i don't see any motive for him to fight against genesis....
anyone thinks the same that i do ?

Zack had a personal vendetta against Genesis due to the latter retconning his way into the FFVII universe ^_^ Just kidding, here's a more logical response for you:

Shinra may call itself a company, but its de facto status is a state. Shinra essentially governs the entire world (except Wutai), has its own standing army, provides resources to its population, etc. Genesis stealing resources from Shinra is a violation of the law. Him using his clones to launch attacks against Shinra is an act of war. So, was Shinra's demonization of Genesis justified? You bet it was. The company controls the majority of the world, so if Genesis is an enemy of Shinra, he is also an enemy to most of the world.

Now, let's take a look at Zack. The problem with him being the protagonist of the game is that we tend to see him as a big, noble hero. Not saying that's false, but most people tend to forget what he actually is: an employee of Shinra. Zack belongs to SOLDIER. SOLDIER belongs to Shinra. Ergo, Zack belongs to Shinra. If Genesis threatens the security of Shinra, then people like Zack are sent to fix the problem regardless of his personal feelings in the matter. Otherwise, Zack would be out of a job.

Genesis is a villain we can sympathize with, but he's still a villain nonetheless. It wasn't his reasoning that put him in the wrong. His actions made him the enemy, therefore, he deserved what Zack did to him.

Zack had a personal vendetta against Genesis due to the latter retconning his way into the FFVII universe ^_^ Just kidding, here's a more logical response for you:

Shinra may call itself a company, but its de facto status is a state. Shinra essentially governs the entire world (except Wutai), has its own standing army, provides resources to its population, etc. Genesis stealing resources from Shinra is a violation of the law. Him using his clones to launch attacks against Shinra is an act of war. So, was Shinra's demonization of Genesis justified? You bet it was. The company controls the majority of the world, so if Genesis is an enemy of Shinra, he is also an enemy to most of the world.

Now, let's take a look at Zack. The problem with him being the protagonist of the game is that we tend to see him as a big, noble hero. Not saying that's false, but most people tend to forget what he actually is: an employee of Shinra. Zack belongs to SOLDIER. SOLDIER belongs to Shinra. Ergo, Zack belongs to Shinra. If Genesis threatens the security of Shinra, then people like Zack are sent to fix the problem regardless of his personal feelings in the matter. Otherwise, Zack would be out of a job.

Genesis is a villain we can sympathize with, but he's still a villain nonetheless. It wasn't his reasoning that put him in the wrong. His actions made him the enemy, therefore, he deserved what Zack did to him.
lol...nice explanation...
but i still can't agree with you what zack did >.>
the thing is...when zack and cloud came out of the experiments pod...they became targets of shin-ra right ? so zack doesn't need to do what shin-ra ordered him once...i think zack knew that >.>
but still he pursued genesis to banora....what m i saying is...did he need to do that ? he could just go to midgar and wouldn't be gunned down by 1000 infantrymen :(
but noooooooooooooo....zack had to fight someone who didn't have any reason to be fought against :( and die :|

Well thought out post! Although I can't stand Genisis at all and constantly wish he was never created *cringe* I don't think he was all that terrible a person. So toward the end when he survived, I was equal parts upset and relieved.

So many feels that game gave me. >_<

Same here, I really had mixed feelings about his existence in the FFVII universe in general. As a player, I wanted to see him die since he just changed the entire Nibelheim scene for us. I agree that as a character, he's not an evil person. He just... didn't exactly think through his actions as any sane person would have.

Same here, I really had mixed feelings about his existence in the FFVII universe in general. As a player, I wanted to see him die since he just changed the entire Nibelheim scene for us. I agree that as a character, he's not an evil person. He just... didn't exactly think through his actions as any sane person would have.
I really hate his Jpop, (excuse my language) faggy, girly boy, fan girl pandering image. Ugh, I can't stand the way he speaks, or looks and how he was shoehorned into the story. But I guess, if I ignore my blinding hate/rage for those facts, he's not *so* bad, but I CAN'T GET OVER HOW MUCH THIS CHARACTER SHOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED.

:(
I love Genesis :(

If he shouldn't have existed then neither should Angeal OR Hollander. I liked Angeal too. They add to the story and makes Sephiroth's past look more normal because he actually had friends. If they had only used the characters from FFVII it would seem as if they had no one else in their lives which isn't right. Also, who would be the antagonist and the person who made Sephiroth half realise that he was a monster?

Now.. Cloud is a character I despise.

About the question, I would think that it was simply because Zack was working for ShinRa and Genesis abandoned the place, taking some soldiers with him. That would be reason enough to send Zack after him. He was following orders. Zack didn't really want to kill Genesis.

Last edited:
Back