FFXIII-2 Is there a Penalty for using the Fragment Skill Abilities?

nope there all good to use and wont affect your trophy unlocking. I didnt find them that useful anyway. But you later actually have to use a fragment skill for paradox endings. so they actually help for trophies.

[FONT=&quot]No. I had that fear too at some point during the game because I felt like since I used a certain fragment skill, I wasn’t getting any achievements! Because you eventually unlock some really handy skills, some that are basically cheats. But you also unlock some that are almost essential for 100% completion of the game. I have all achievements now, and I got a lot of them with even the most cheat like fragment skills activated.[/FONT]

some of them are needed (paradoxscope, battlemania), only a few are useful (monster collector, mog"s manifestation), and others are worthless (rolling in cp, eyes of godess, mobile mog, chocobo music).

Others have already answered the direct question, so I'll just list a couple of specific examples...

The improved mog throw and improved jump are both vital. The final level/dungeon is best done with the improved jump and there are certain chests/fragments which can only be collected with the improved throw.

There's one in particular, Encounter Master and Battlemania that are necessary in order to get the bestiary achievement. There's a woodwraith in the last level that only appears once and if you don't have Battlemania on you'll encounter the other two and never complete the bestiary.

No, definitely not.

I used the majoity of fragment skills to unlock all the achievements in the game abd it didn't affect anything.

Back