XBox Rumor: New Xbox Block Used Games

Kage Kazumi

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Reader,

I just saw this video on IGN.

If it's true Microsoft may lose many customers.

v/Respectfully,
Noob Saibot

If it's built into the hardware, I imagine it will have a knee jerk reaction like Sony did to hackers before the shut down, removing the Other OS function of the system and they would disable it once they realize that some games simply WON'T sell new.

It's an awful decision if it's true. On an economic standpoint like I said in the other thread, GAME and Gamestation are practically fucked because most of their shelves have pre-owned games and the business of trading in and buying used games a little cheaper has been a thriving business for them. Take away the ability to play used games and it's practically curtains for the game stores. How many people bother spending £45 regularly on a new game nowadays anyway?

On the other hand, it would be a win for Microsoft because they get nothing from second hand sales, and I can totally see them doing this. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to introduce such a stringent and oppressive kind of regime. If they're smart and stop being so reactionary, they shouldn't consider this, because you won't find many keen supporting gamers for this.

I don't think it's true or that it will happen because I don't think anyone would be that stupid. I think that what Sony is doing with second hand peeessthree games is bad enough, but this is considerably worse. Less people would buy the xbob720, and those owners of the xbob would be less likely to buy the 1 year it's cheaper that way suscription as they'd have less games to play.

I don't know, sounds a bit too fishy to me. It just sounds like some rumor some nerd decided to spread because they have nothing to do. On the other hand, this video was from IGN, and they have been known to stray away from the truth on more than one occasion.

I don't know, sounds a bit too fishy to me. It just sounds like some rumor some nerd decided to spread because they have nothing to do. On the other hand, this video was from IGN, and they have been known to stray away from the truth on more than one occasion.

That's the same hand really

It is very unlikely to be true because it would drive plenty of people to one of the competing next gen consoles that'll come out around the same time. If they decided to bring it in when they have hit market saturation, it could only be as a patch or software update, which would be hacked very quickly.

Back