Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
simple question, do you love the game or hate it

Last edited:
I swear it was tomorrow o_O

Not sure to be honest. I'm definitely going to buy it the day it comes out. But all the reviews I've seen says it's length is short and story is awkward. But I'll be the judge of that. I'm looking forward to it as I thought FFXIII was a step in the right direction (much better than XII) but doesn't compete at all to FF's hay day.

:facepalm: OMG i failed hard :hmph: oh well i'll change the first post XD

I personally loved the demo, the battle system seemed much improved over FFXIII, cuz like the battle don't end just because the leader died XD also swicthing between jobs is much quicker, man that took long in the first game XD

I love it, but not as much as the older FF games. It's a great game IMO, but because there were better entries in the past, it's not really my favourite. The only thing that really bothers me is the story. It has a nice concept, but it's full of contradictions (or it may just be a language barrier problem I had). Otherwise, I will say it has excellent gameplay.

I haven't finished the review. I probably will combine it with the english version review if I have the mood to.

This generation has had some RPG stinkers. This one is better then most games that have come out for this generation of consoles. I do not see this game going to the top ten of anyone favorite RPGs list. However for those who are able to relax and enjoy it. They will be rewarded.

I'm actually loving it! I only got it today, since it came out today over here, and I'm only on episode 1. The soundtrack choice, the characters (who I prefer to the main cast of 13), the moogle, the improved battles...everything!

Something will have to go pretty bad for me to dislike the game :D

P.S. I didn't much care for FF13 :p

I like it so far. It seems that Square learned their lesson with X-2. It is nice to see that they listened to a lot of our suggestions. Battle system has improved, with being able to switch leaders. The story is a lot less linear. You can actually chose what path you want to take along the way. There is no developmental lock like last time, you can grind as much as you want. A vast improvement as far as gameplay from XIII.

The story is a bit lacking in the beginning. It really doesn't get interesting till Academia. I just got into Augusta Tower, really starting to like it.

So far i'm gonna go with loving it.

I just beat the game. It was all right. I really liked XIII's story and cast, so this game kinda disappointed me because I didn't get to play as anyone from XIII's cast. The story is okay... but kind of pointless. The gameplay is better than XIII and far less linear. But sometimes I got lost and didn't know where to go. The Historia Crux can get very confusing later on. The ending leaves SOOOOOOOO much to be desired!

Overall the game is "meh." It really didn't feel like I was on an epic adventure or anything like that :/.

I just beat the game. It was all right. I really liked XIII's story and cast, so this game kinda disappointed me because I didn't get to play as anyone from XIII's cast. The story is okay... but kind of pointless. The gameplay is better than XIII and far less linear. But sometimes I got lost and didn't know where to go. The Historia Crux can get very confusing later on. The ending leaves SOOOOOOOO much to be desired!

Overall the game is "meh." It really didn't feel like I was on an epic adventure or anything like that :/.

This is exactly how I feel. There's times where I'm running around trying to figure out what to do just to realize I have to go open another gate. The story is so boring and confusing with all this time travel back and forth. I loved ffxiii and this one is pretty lame. I'm only 15hrs in a d find it hard to want to pick the controller back up. But caius Is easily one of the coolest FF characters I've seen in a while. I wish I could play as him and lightning.

I'm around halfway through chapter 3 now and so far I feel the reviews, both positive and negative, have been fair. Whether or not you give the game a good score is a matter of preference.

This is what I said to a friend in a PM earlier:

The game's story doesn't quite reach its potential (and if it does, it only does later on). Whilst it would have been nice to have a more in depth story, I don't mind too much since I see the XIII series as one story and rate the story based on XIII, XIII-2 and the future DLC, which sounds exciting. It's a new approach to story telling.

The environments and exploration is fantastic. The quests are fetch quests, but can be done gradually, at any point, so don't really affect the main game too much; I plan to do most after completing the main story. In a way, it could be likened to Skyim. You can play through the story then explore the world further and complete the quests.

The encountering system, the mog clock, works superbly! It's the best encounter system in a FF game I think. [I enjoy aiming to make that initial attack before the clock times out!]

The battle system is pretty much the same as XIII's, with action button sequences appearing very occasionally during boss battles. These sequences certainly add a new dynamic which makes battles more exciting and varied, but I do wish they'd used it more in everyday encounters too. I also feel this game is a little easier than XIII. The current battle
against Caius
is the first battle in which I've had to Retry and level up further. (He keeps replenishing his health!)

When it comes to the trigger sequences
in conversations, the decisions you can make are only semi well-done. :lew: Some of the dialogue is spoken in an awkward, slightly static way. However, the voice acting through most of the game is fantastic.

Oh... One more thing... Snow is an idiot in this game. :( I didn't mind his overzealous attitude to being a hero for people in XIII. In XIII-2, he's a little more obnoxious.

Not much has changed how I feel in general. I kept telling myself I wasn't even going to buy this game because of the bitter experience XIII left in my mouth. But I bought it none the less. Why? I'm still not sure myself. Perhaps it's simply because it's a Final Fantasy game and I wanted to like it. Try to at least.

However, I'll give them credit for delving more into the story and making it slightly less linear aswell as adding more content (Chocobo Racing!). 2 members (And a pokemon themed monster) as your party was a disappointment though and not only because I dislike Serah, but that I liked finding new team members and seeing the togetherness of them grow as you ventured on with your journey. I couldn't have that with this. XIII never really gave me it either as I not only found myself unable to connect with them, but that it felt they didn't connect with each other half the time.

Serah.. is not worthy of being main character material imo and gives you the feeling that the game is being centered more towards the female audience with her pretty-in-pink vibe going on and that Noel was serving to keep us lads content, and save her.. alot. As much as he looked like he'd just walked straight out of a Kingdom Hearts game, I liked his attitude.

Overall, I like it more than XIII but still miles away from reaching the level of expectation I have for this series. I continue to eagerly (Since 2006) await Versus XIII. :shame:

Love it! I'm on episode 3...lovin it so far. Music is great and love the transitions from XIII. Don't understand why some people hate it...eh what can we do...

I'll go ahead and say that I feel it was easily the best Final Fantasy since X. Seriously. It actually felt like I was playing Final Fantasy, not some terrible MMO knock off, not almost self-parody, and not the harbinger of absolute chaos. The characters were easily the best since X, Noel is interesting, Serah makes an interesting main character. So much better than I thought it'd be.

On another note, people like to act like XIII was the worst thing ever, which it totally wasn't. It made mistakes but it was a HUGE step up from XII. And this fixes some but not all of the mistakes it made, and endears the ones it didn't fix.

And it has the best soundtrack since X in my humble opinion.

Most people will piss and moan about how it isn't VII-2, or not their ideal role playing game. But things have to change. And even though I loved the old formula, it really wouldn't work well with a next-gen game.

I'll go ahead and say that I feel it was easily the best Final Fantasy since X. Seriously. It actually felt like I was playing Final Fantasy, not some terrible MMO knock off, not almost self-parody, and not the harbinger of absolute chaos. The characters were easily the best since X, Noel is interesting, Serah makes an interesting main character. So much better than I thought it'd be.

On another note, people like to act like XIII was the worst thing ever, which it totally wasn't. It made mistakes but it was a HUGE step up from XII. And this fixes some but not all of the mistakes it made, and endears the ones it didn't fix.

And it has the best soundtrack since X in my humble opinion.

Most people will piss and moan about how it isn't VII-2, or not their ideal role playing game. But things have to change. And even though I loved the old formula, it really wouldn't work well with a next-gen game.
I agree with you about XIII, I think it's just become the popular thing to hate the game. I'm still not feeling XIII-2's soundtrack though, I felt that XIII-1's was better. The gameplay for this has been fun though, they improved over XIII in that aspect.

I'm further through the game now - somewhere in the middle of episode 4, just after

The more I play, the more I love the story! :D Serah and Noel actually do make a great team and the dynamics between them are very good indeed. Their relationship/friendship develops gradually so a fair bit of time passes before things get really interesting, but that's more realistic. :ryan:

Serah develops as the story progresses too. For the first third of the game, I thought she was a weak, wimpy airheaded idiot, but she's growing into a stronger, determined and more mature version. She retains her empathy and friendliness, and a little of her naivity, but you can admire her.

Noel doesn't change as much, but you do learn more about his past and ergo come to understand and know him. At the beginning, I felt rather closed off from him but now I do care what happens to the duo.

I've encountered some excellent music through the game - the piece which plays when you SPOILER
encounter Yuel
END SPOILER in the first version of Academia is poignant and absolutely beautiful. :) It's a mixed bag, but I do plan to hunt the OST down if/when it becomes available on amazon.

The environments continue to amaze. The graphical quality of the game doesn't feel as inferior to XIII as reviews suggest. The lack of pre-rendered FMV sequences doesn't actually take anything away from the plot...If anything, FMVs have been rather pointless since X/X-2 as XII and XIII used them to make battles, towns and airships more visually impressive - the scenes rarely contributed to the actual story. I'm more a fan of FMV scenes which use the characters...

Still loving the mogclock and I'm enjoying the battle system more than I did XIII's, possibly because the party leader's death doesn't lead to a Game Over, meaning I've only had it once, and due to the fact the paradigm switch is seamless, again preventing silly deaths. ;)

Back