Revenant Wings Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings, Love It Or Hate It?

Did you like FF12: Revenant Wings it?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Worst FF Game Ever

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Kage Kazumi

ShinRa Guard
Gil
So did anyone play this and actually like it?

I bought it started playing it and I hated it; mostly cause I hate those kind of games in general (battle system wise; can't think of name). I think it's the worst FF game ever.

One of the Ivalice Alliance games, sooo...

[Moved to Ivalice Alliance]

---------------------------

I never finished it, and I quickly lost interest in the game. Having a Final Fantasy title as a RTS-like title is an interesting take, but I'm not really a fan of it either, or the need to tap the touchscreen with styluses that I keep losing somewhere. When you have your allies and enemies all bunched together and you're trying to revive or assign specific commands to one of your groups, it gets woefully chaotic for me. Still, it had me amused for around 12 hours or so, though I can't even remember where in the game I've left off.

Seeing as though I actually loved FFXII and this game just feels like a bit of an afterthought, and as a sequel, out of place being for the DS, I can easily ignore its existence. I don't know where I would rank it, but it's definitely the worst of the Ivalice Alliance games. :lew:

I was shocked by how much I actually enjoyed it. It was a bit of a shakey start, but I stook with it, and it just turned out to be quite a fun game and I didnt mind the story either

I did pick up revenant wings when it came out. It was the closest I could get to XII since I never did get to play it on the ps2 :(

I did like it for awhile, I thought the battle tactics were pleasantly different from any other game I'd played before and etc.... Really there's not an incredible amount of character interaction as far as I remember (It's literally been at least two years since I've last played it) and the game just focuses on building a battle strategy for the most part. I liked the fact that you could acquire the different espers and have them fight with you in battle. However, I did come to a battle where I got defeated time and time again and I could never figure out to complete it, and that is where I rage quit the game.

Overall I liked it, to me it was one of the better FF spin-offs if you didn't mind the battle system.

This game was so difficult :hmph: Never actually beat it. But I hate it when a spinoff game introduces a whole new plot completely different than the previous game, especially if it's on some small device like the DS.

It was fun, but it got too hard and I never got around to beating it, and Penelo gets annoying in it. :/

I'm giving it a play right now. Personally, I like it. No, it's not like the other games, and it barely has anything to do with FFXII, but as a stand alone game, it's actually good. Maybe people would have liked it more if it was an original game and not a sequel?

Thing is, I expected RW to deal at least a little with, you know, the catastrophe that killed and destroyed almost everything (which explains the dark age of tactics). Naturally there was no such thing.

...I wanted to see FFXII's main cast's sons and daughters die ...

Back