How old do you feel?

Richard B Riddick

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Sometimes, I feel like I'm still 12 years old.

Like I haven't changed much from the time I was 12 up to the present.

I catch myself doing immature things or behaving in ways that might be considered unbecoming or improper.

I still get into shit fights with people, and I still argue like a dumb kid, some days. And, I'll do other things typically correlated with immaturity.

Does anyone get this feeling? If you do, how do you cope?

Or am I the only one? :ohshit:

Despite being a child at heart (I often find simple thinks exciting, I love crafting things, I enjoy cartoons), I feel 21 or older. It's hard to specify an exact age.

I feel older because my views are reasonably well balanced. I've developed from the teenager who felt distressed by bullying and am more able to see the wider picture when in an argument. I appreciate that there's more than one side to the story and that being upset doesn't mean I'm in the right. However, being able to recognise this sometimes does me more harm than good as I rarely complain when people do something wrong. I'm still feeling my way towards a balance between informing others that you're hurt and just leaving matters alone.

I am also very open to new ideas. I am open to theories, facts, opinions. I want to embrace everything so I can review it and (possibly) use it to transform my own perceptions of the world. I suppose there's an element of youth in that wide-eyed desire for knowledge, but very few children are willing to respect something they don't agree with. Furthermore, they don't often seek to explore things further. I know that I haven't seen everything yet. Before I form solid opinions, I need to learn more, hear more and see more. My views are 'in progress,' I suppose. I feel proud of the fact I can recognise that. I'll think what I think until/unless someone shows me something new that makes more sense. :lew:

Having said that, there are times when I still feel about 16. For example, I've recently had a major crash in confidence at work. I haven't been there as long as others and am still asking questions when I encounter something new. :/

I still feel like a kid most of the time. I'm not really adult like in any way besides when at work when I'm kind of forced to grow up. I've a terrible attention span and I enjoy playing games and being an idiot. Sometimes when people ask me my age I forget I am actually 22 and have to think about the answer for a second.

Sometimes I feel about 12 because I feel really naive and unintelligent compared to others around my age group. I also like to act like a child sometimes, because I believe that you should never leave your inner- child, but be a adult when necessary ie- your job.

I think that I'm slowly starting to mature and feel like a adult and gain more life experience, but those are slow days. Though I believe that it would be worth it in the end.

Maybe I guess I feel about 17 ? Still a kid at heart but also learning to be a little more mature and not be a baby anymore, because life is getting more tougher now, so you need to show more maturity otherwise others are not going to take you seriously.

Though when I'm around my job, I feel about 30- 40 because of all the seriousness.

I'm still a teenager in my head. Though Im glad Im not, being young is too complicated. Everything is alwasy the end of the world when its not going your way, so in that respect I feel my age

But jut for my sheer immaturity and laughing at farts and still being tempted to climb trees, Im definately younger in my head than my advancing years :sad3:

I definitely go through periods where I feel like I suffer from severe arrested development...but at the same time I have aged far beyond my years it seems. Don't know how to explain it...I guess it's somewhat endearing.

I am, in most cases, still probably quite young for my age (twenty). I still act like I'm about 16-18, depending on mood levels. I can still throw a teeny bit of a wobbly and can come across as a diva for it, but hey. I'm trying to change for the better.

Eh, Im pushing 30 and I still act like a diva some(alot of)times

I don't feel a day older than 21. I guess because I've been the same person from that age till now and all I want is for the clock to stop, and quit putting on the years. :wacky: I've reached the point in my life in which I'm most happy with myself, quit the aging process now. :gonk:

But yeah I guess I wouldn't say I'm completely mature for my age. I would never have kids at my age right now like others are. If I were to have a kid now, I'd feel like a 14 year old having one. I feel far too young in my mind, even though physically 23 is the norm.

For the most part I feel my age. I'm still a child at heart most of the time though. >.<

The fact that I'll be 20 in roughly 9 months makes me feel rather old. Though I am still a child at heart sometimes I guess.

Doesn't help when my parents treat me like a 9 year old sometimes though with some house rules >.>

As far as health I feel like I'm middle-aged. It's mostly because of my body. I've taken rather poor care of the thing over the course of my life and it's very much hurt me. I'd say it's my hips that cause me the most grief.

In terms of mind set, I feel like an old man. I don't really waste much time on meaningless, short-lived pleasures and focus much more on myself and my mental development. I'm constantly pondering the mechanics of the universe and human nature. Not typically something I find a lot of people my age doing.

... I'm always caught randomly dancing like an idiot or doing something stupid to win a few laughs from people, and that makes me think I'm about as mature as a 10 year old. :hmph:
Don't old people to this though. :wacky: My grandmother certainly does! :lew: I think dancing around and making people laugh is a personality thing, and I hope that you never lose the confidence to do that! :)

The whole concept of 'grown up' can be a bit strange. You can be mature and a little silly occasionally. Dancing like an idiot, making silly jokes, singing for the fun of it and being lighthearted doesn't make you immature.

Of course there are occasions when one should avoid doing these things because it's necessary to be serious and/or professional, but I pity those who think that being 100% 'sensible' and 'proper' equals maturity, and anything less equals immaturity. :sorry:

It depends on my mood, if I'm pretty happy I feel like I could free run 100 miles, on a not so good day I feel the weakness in my body, such as my dodgy knee (from a torn ACL legiment) and other health issues. In terms on mental attitude I feel like I have a good head on my shoulders and I am wise beyond my years as I like to analyse things and think about decisions before making them, but I can also feel pretty immature at times as I can let my emotions take over my judgement and be really impulsive.

It depends on the day really. Some days I feel like I may be 20 and feel serious and mature, then other days I feel 16 when I do childish pranks, then some days I feel 18 acting kinda in between both.

I'm 22 tomorrow actually XD but I still feel about....16 - 17. I'm in a band and work a part time job I'm not really interested in. I have a fair few people on facebook I went to school with and I swear 80% of the girls are pregnant or are already mums. It scares me to death.

I'm going to be 22 in June but I have moments where I feel like I'm old, and others where I feel like I'm still 16. I think it all depends on the situation.

I pretty much feel my age: 20. I think I look a bit younger than my age, though, since my eyes are kind of large and doll like, so I guess I look slightly younger, but not by much. I think my maturity level matches my age, as well.

Back