Hot or Cold Weather

Squid

Suck my dick.
Veteran
Gil
I had a squizz, didn't see a thread like this but feel free to delete/merge if there is an existing one blah blah.

It is very hot here at the moment as it is summer. So I thought I'd ask, what weather do you prefer? Hot or Cold? If you say somewhere in the middle I will punch you because that is a boring answer.

I prefer the hot even though I whinge about it a lot. You can go out to the beach and the pool and I generally have more energy in sunny warm weather.

Though when it gets too hot I do wish for winter to come back. But in winter I get miserable and sad :hmmm:

Now you. :licky:

My good friend Steven Ray Vaughn had a similar problem to you. He couldn't stand the weather. He was in Texas during a flood and all the telephone lines were down. He said it was like the sky was crying.
I like to be hot, this is because in a past life I was an iceberg, that is why my heart is made of ice, it is very sad. However I do like to be freezing cold too, I went skiing once and I wore a T-shirt, it was very cold and very nice.
mhm aha yeds. The only thing I dislike is humidity.

I generally prefer colder weather; rain etc.

With that said though I find that summer is generally a happier time of year. The music festivals in summer are always better than their winter counter parts. Going to the beach/doing other summer stuff is also grand.

I like doing summer things. But I prefer being cold to being hot. Mind you I don't exactly hate the hot weather either.

I prefer hot weather.

I get cold very easily and even in 30 degree heat it's possible for me to still be cold. :hmph:

Winter is horrible for me. I can't do anything properly. I just become so slow at everything. I just want to sit and try to stay warm. Any movement and I instantly get goosebumps. It's horrible.

Summer is just awesome. :ryan: It's theme park season, beach season. I can wear my short shorts and singlets and thongs!!! It's much more exciting and physically comfortable for me. :ryan:

I guess this is just one of those topical questions. I would much rather be cold year round. I guess I was a Celtic Warrior or Viking in my last lifetime, but heat infuriates me. Nothing worse then sweating when you are just sitting there. You can always put on clothes and bundle up if it gets cold. It's much harder to cool down. If it snows at least you can melt the ice down into drinking water, if there is a drought, you are fubar.

Plus, I have hard skin so I am a little too warm blooded from time to time. I don't get cold easily, unless I don't have socks on, or there is a bitter chill that hits my ears.

Hot weather.

I can generally cope with cold weather quite well though, everyone who lives down south seems to be fannies though when it comes to weather -- everyone complains when it's like 8C that it's "freezing" and I'm just say there like "yeah it's nippy, I guess". I just prefer warm weather, I don't really see a positive of cold weather.

I freeze to death if the temperature dips below 60° F. :ohshit:

Now, you know my weakness, Toni. Please, be gentle you aussie manglesaurus pexx. :x

Weeks or months of 90°F aren't too bad. But, sometimes, they leave you feeling drained and lazy.

Aside from frigid cold, anything can be tolerable or fun given the right circumstances. Windy days are good, too, for blowing away the exhaust fumes from the hordes of anti-environmentalists dedicated to removing catback converters from their exhaust.

I used to like rain, but considering we get 130-140 inches per year and it rains multiple times every day somewhat consistently and the humidity contributes to high tier mold and mildew growth, I can't say deserts are so bad, right now.

It never really gets that "hot" over here in the North (and when it does happen, it catches us off guard because we're so not used to it), so summers are mostly bearable enough for me. Seeing as I'm a northern person, I really don't mind the cold at all. I can proudly say that I'm very used to it, and rain is about as routine to me as inhaling air.

I'd rather have cold weather, to be honest. Ideally I wouldn't want either of the two extremes, but I'm really not used to really humid or arid warm weather, and I don't enjoy incessant sweating and having the sun barbecue my skin. When it's colder, I at least have a motive in being more active, and to actually do things, in contrast to how lazy and feckless I am when it is warm.

I love the hot weather.

Last year we had a bunch of days during the summer where it was like 104 degrees outside and with the heat index it was probably like 110 outside :lew:

We get the humid heat though here so when it gets hot it gets ridiculously hot. I do miss the heat down in AZ sometimes, where you could sit out poolside and not sweat to death. If it's 104 here you are either in the pool outside or you are inside next to the a/c.

Cold weather I really hate. I can't stand how my skin gets so dried out and how I have to pile on so many layers during the winter. Thankfully, this winter has been going by pretty fast, so I'm happy for that :ryan:

I live in a cold country. Im in the north of Scotland and our summers dont last long and theyre never that hot. Our winters last forever and believe me they are cold.
I love the sun i really do. It just feels like when its sunny you can do anything you want. In winter you feel confined to your house because it is just too cold to be outside. I cant handle too hot though. Im one of those thats rarely happy with the weather i suppose. In my ideal world it would be low - mid 20s all year round. I couldnt handle the heats of australia or a country like that :damon: Id die.

I still laugh at that text you sent me about being a lobster lewis :wacky:

I can't cope in either temperature, too hot and I just boil, I can't acclimatise to the heat at all and I had to use factor 50 my whole holiday in turkey. It annoys me when im too hot too sleep at night as well, i cant sleep if im not covered and i always wake up sweaty and restless

Too cold is equally as shit, it hurts my toes and if you hurt yourself on a cold bit, it just seems to hurt a thosand times over, Ive got both heaters flannkign me at work at the moment and i hate having to leave my office because its sub zero in that factory

I just hate the weather, I like warm, but with a nice breeze to take the edge off

Cold weather :hmmm: I hate the heat so much. Aside from no school, summer is terrible. The electric bill goes up on the days we use the AC, and the rest of the time I spend sweating in my room wishing to die. Winter is my favorite time. Aside from the rain sometimes getting in the way of things, I prefer it cold. I sleep with my window open and a fan when it's 33 degrees F outside and just bundle up in blankets when I start to get cold around 4 or 5 am. It feels great :ryan:

I'd rather have cold weather, to be honest. Ideally I wouldn't want either of the two extremes, but I'm really not used to really humid or arid warm weather, and I don't enjoy incessant sweating and having the sun barbecue my skin. When it's colder, I at least have a motive in being more active, and to actually do things, in contrast to how lazy and feckless I am when it is warm.

This.

In the UK, hot weather pretty much means humid weather, which means sweating and not wanting to move anywhere due to being sticky.

Cold weather means more layers. Unfortunately for me, that invariably means shoulder ache... However, I do love going for a brisk walk in the cold for about an hour, looking at the crisp scenery, then coming back to a warm, cosy house and having a fruit bun/hot cross bun/toasted tea cake with a nice mug of tea! :D

Cold weather in certain areas of the world also means snow which means skiing! :D That is my number 1 favourite sport. :)

Although... if we're talking about crisp hot weather, I'll go with that. The weather in Crete was so hot and dry and that was great! I enjoy wearing light clothes, swimming, walking around in the light! A sunny clear sky is so good for one's emotional wellbeing!

I prefer the hot weather because I could just cool off at the beach or swimming pool, it feels so relaxing cooling down.

Cold weather. I can bundle up when i get cold, but when its hot, i can never really do enough to stay cool. Also, it only snows when it gets cold so that always an added bonus, but I could live without the Ice.

Hot weather. I don't have to scrape ice off my windshield in the summer. Plus, I can wear sandals and shorts, which I prefer over jeans and socks/shoes.

Cold weather all the way, you can put on 10 layers of clothing and make yourself warm, if it's hot you can only go down to bare skin or a thin tshirt before you have to start using air conditioning or the like.

Best weather is when it's cold, dark and raining and I'm outside and I can hear the rain hitting the hood on my jacket.

I like various states of weather...

Hot weather is quite nice. A clear blue sky, birds singing, people wearing sunglasses, babies giggling, the feeling of warmth... However too much warmth is a bit bad. When it is so hot that you feel too warm even in a t-shirt, and yet you came prepared with a jacket due to it tipping it down with snow, rain and hail 5 minutes earlier...

Cold weather is also nice. I like a dull grey sky, heavy winds blowing the branches of trees, birds struggling against it, the feeling of rain crashing onto my poorly prepared head and soaking me. It's apocalyptic and is like being in an action movie. I find the chaos soothing in a strange way... I guess everyone has a weird aspect of themselves, and that is one of mine. Most people flee from rain, babies cry, people run and panic. I just like walking calmly through that... And regretting it when I end up ill with cold, but still enjoying the moment.

Currently though the British weather is crazier than ever... I do not recall it ever being this extreme... We're currently having Mediterranean-style heat and sun with the brightest sky, followed immediately and without warning by heavy hail and lots of rain... What the heck? It seriously is like being in Greece for a couple of hours, then a ship at storm for half an hour, then back, then back. It's like Typhon has dethroned Zeus and has just done away with all of the old rules. Very strange.

To whip this back to the main topic... Each weather state holds a different place in my heart. They're completely different atmospheres, and I like there being differences. If every day was the same then that would be a shame.

I prefer the hot weather than the cold weather because you can go out and have fun without worring about a blizzard storm. I never been a fan of the cold weather. It gets me in a bad mood when it is extremely cold outside.

I much prefer cold weather. A perfect day for me is a grey, gloomy, cold and rainy day. When it's bright out I feel miserable all the time because I'm sweating quite badly and the heat can be unbearable. The light from the sun hurts my eyes and I can't spend more than 30 minutes outside or I get a huge headache because of it. However, on cold and rainy days, I never have that problem and I'm happy about it. Honestly, give me cold and gloomy weather any day over bright and sunshine crap.

Back