Smiley's Graphics

You've got some incredible works here, very nicely touched and cropped, as Galadin said. My suggestion would be to vary the strengths in your editing a little more. The colours can sometimes be a little too obtrusive. But that is just fine tweeking and practise, you've got some seriously good starting points here.

Keep at it, i've seen a vast improvement in this thread alone. :D

Ariel_zpstgjtm5qk.png

Jasmine_zpssfb6k1jj.png

Merida_zps2wjviis8.png

Paine_zpsqlxcfilw.png

Kairi%20siggy_zpsw0lqw4rt.png

Getting back into it :)

Last edited:
Last week's SOTW Entry:

fang%20siggy_zpspal4lhjz.png

B&W version:
fang%20siggy%20bw_zps9nwmutro.png

And I'm serious when I say I need feedback, folks. I'm slowly starting to get back into the game and I don't know how to improve if I don't hear what's wrong. I've been at photoshop for years, so be as brutal as you please. Seriously, I need to know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks a bunch, guys :)

I really like the above piece you made, particularly the foreground as I like a bit of sparkle in graphics. I don't know enough to give any decent advice but I don't think you're doing anything wrong as such, since it all hinges down to personal preference. Looking at some of your latest works though, it seems to me like you're following a particular kind of rhythm and method, which although not wrong, can still stifle the little happy accidents that can happen when making a piece. Maybe you could try creating a sort of context (i.e. what do you want your piece to say and how you will convey that message) and create a focus around that concept. Have all your effects, lighting, text and particularly your render placement and flow stem from your focal to lead your viewer around the "canvas". Placing effects away from your focal point and message can disrupt the core of your piece and distract from its overall impact.

Drogo_zpsmu1saiqz.png

^Something I made while messing around

I really like the above piece you made, particularly the foreground as I like a bit of sparkle in graphics. I don't know enough to give any decent advice but I don't think you're doing anything wrong as such, since it all hinges down to personal preference. Looking at some of your latest works though, it seems to me like you're following a particular kind of rhythm and method, which although not wrong, can still stifle the little happy accidents that can happen when making a piece. Maybe you could try creating a sort of context (i.e. what do you want your piece to say and how you will convey that message) and create a focus around that concept. Have all your effects, lighting, text and particularly your render placement and flow stem from your focal to lead your viewer around the "canvas". Placing effects away from your focal point and message can disrupt the core of your piece and distract from its overall impact.

Awesome, thanks :) I'll try it out and see what I come up with. I think for the moment it's about getting out of old habits, because I've literally been using the same method for years haha. But yeah I'll definitely try that out soon

Drogo_zpsmu1saiqz.png

^Something I made while messing around

This piece is stunning........(due to your work not Khal Drogo's chest and smouldering glare :blush:). I particularly like the text and colour palette and how you've incorporated a gritty look whilst keeping your piece clear and uncluttered. Lovely work!

Experiment_zpsxat9qo2z.png
Okay, so I just downloaded Illustrator, and I was playing around with the brushes and whatnot. Came up with this. Thoughts?

So recently I've been interested in Photo manip. Let me know what you think of these (PS: I like the blue better. Not sure why, but I do :P):
Robot.jpgRobot2.jpg

fang%20siggy_zpspal4lhjz.png

fang%20siggy%20bw_zps9nwmutro.png

Jasmine_zpssfb6k1jj.png

Really love these, man. Great focal placement. I like the effects used as well. Not really much input I can give tbh, they're just great. I just wish they had some kind of text. But other than that, great job, can't pick a bone about it.

Back