Smiley's Graphics

fire.png

:O Gorgeous! I love it! Even though it's a giant eye you've managed to make it not look creepy :lew: I love the font, and the red :cali: And the intercepting lines, gosh this is a really cool piece. I love it!

Playing with animation...not sure if its really good or not...

waiting.gif

Guess now that AOTW/SOTW is over I can put up my entries for cnc :P

catavvy.png

crouchingtiger.png

waiting.gif

I just noticed there was an animation. Pretty wicked, if I do say so myself. Like how it's not only the text, but also some of the effects included. The blue lighting also works with this piece. Nicely done, Smiley~ ^_^

hey people!

Sorry its been a while, but I've been working on school and stuff...particularly my art assignment:

80.png

^Thats a part of it, so any cnc would be very much appreciated :)

Ooh smiley, these pieces are absolutely gorgeous. The dark theme was a good choice and each piece is effective and unique, whilst unified.

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj416/SoS_2009/90.png
I think this piece here is my favourite. The background is absolutely gorgeous, quite soft, and it all flows in one direction. This is then broken by the image of a hand with the bright coloured rose, and 'Smile' etched into the arm. The second piece of text in the bottom right corner completes this piece, reinforcing the slightly rough, artsy style of it.

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj416/SoS_2009/100.png
This one is even darker. The lighting effects, first of all, are very well done and the shadows give this piece a 3D quality. The text in the background is effective both because of its colour and the fonts chosen, which are rough and slightly graffiti-like. I get the feeling that something has been stained, perhaps someone's spirit as they now lack confidence. :sad3:
My only tip would be this: the text at the bottom looks a little too bright. I feel it should have shadows too and perhaps be shiny as opposed to the same colour. :hmmm: A couple of different shades here and there will make the bottom few lines of text seem less flat, though it's a very minor thing! =]

I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!! :D

StablerSig.png

^Yes ok you caught me. I am a fan of SVU. I can't really be the only one though, right? I mean LOOK AT HIM!!

Many of you will recognise Mr. Sexy Stabler from True Blood. I am working on a 'Roman' sig dont you worry :P

BensonSig.png

How can you have a Stabler sig and not a Benson one? :P

Last edited:
DOUBLE POST Who wouldda thought? XD

image-4.jpg

^Pic of some shells I had lying around, edited with some random app on my phone

image-3.jpg

^Same story here. Don't ask why I put the shell on my vanilla incense sticks...I just felt like it

CNC People!! :D

EDIT: Also, while I'm here, I might as well post my COMPLETED Art assignment:

70.png

80-1.png

100-1.png

^Well, they're the top 3 anyway :)

So we're going for a triple post, eh?

BaschSig.png

So...um...I'm back

Recently downloaded GIMP because Photoshop is not going to happen any time soon. So here are some Avvys and Siggys that I made with GIMP...evidently I'm a little rusty:

riseagainstsiggyv2.png

riseagainstsiggy.png

ReidAvvy2v2.png

ReidAvvy2.png

ReidAvvy1v2.png

ReidAvvy1.png

PrentissAvvy.png

PhilAvvy2v2.png

PhilAvvy2.png

PhilAvvy1.png

MorganAvvy1v2.png

MorganAvvy1.png

ReidAvvy2v3.png

O: You're pretty good. The only thing I feel is a little lacking from your work is depth. Your backgrounds and focal points don't differentiate each other as well as they could, and it makes the image a little less appealing to look at. You can achieve depth by adding appropriate lighting and different types of adjustment layers. Good luck

O: You're pretty good. The only thing I feel is a little lacking from your work is depth. Your backgrounds and focal points don't differentiate each other as well as they could, and it makes the image a little less appealing to look at. You can achieve depth by adding appropriate lighting and different types of adjustment layers. Good luck

Thanks, much appreciated :)

Sora-3.png

RossandRachel1v4.png
RossandRachel1v2.png
RossandRachel1v1.png
ChrisHemsworth1v2.png
ChrisHemsworth1v5.png
ChrisHemsworth1v4.png
ChrisHemsworth1v3.png
Chester1v1.png
Chester1v3.png
Chester1v4.png

lol I need more stocks and shiz
clear.png

Reactions: Six
DOUBLE POST OMG!

Thor.png

yay or nay? Cnc much appreciated! :)

It's Like I keep re-spawning or something
Hope people like GoT lololol

Arya3_zps63105f63.png
Arya4_zps79e27efd.png
Arya_zps55a67fcc.png
Arya5_zps68b119d9.png
Arya6_zps70ba9860.png
Arya7_zps53d01572.png
Cersei_zps6303f0bb.png
Cersei4_zps002ade92.png
Cersei2_zps67528958.png
Cersei3_zps59a86f86.png
Cersei6_zpsf19c0b56.png
Cersei5_zps155c8e6e.png
Dany2_zpsfc6b14af.png
Dany_zpsb0db7771.png
Dany5_zps7be41443.png
Jaime3_zps0fb3c084.png
Jaime5_zpsca04a09f.png
Jaime7_zps378104c5.png
Jaime_zpsb34686f6.png
Jaime8_zps126a11d8.png
Jon_zps4cc8ee60.png
Ned_zpsf85d6a01.png
Ned5_zpsfd58e218.png
Ned3_zps662b3c44.png
Sansa2_zpsfde6d9e2.png
Tyrion2_zps70342ca2.png
Tyrion4_zps19594ad2.png
Sansa_zps61144cc7.png
Tyrion6_zps737576af.png

to be updated. Many many more to come
clear.png

Arya_zpsac2c6f9e.png

Dany_zpsafdd11d1.png

Squall_zps3c429a2d.png

KingMickey_zps71cba2e0.png

Hey all! I would really appreciate some cnc on this :)

Last edited:
Really like the 150x150 icons, the colours are nice, and they are easy on the eye. The signatures I find a bit too sharp, maybe easy on that and instead blur the backgrounds just the slightest bit. :D

I'm really loving your avatars. The cropping is superb and the hazy almost dream like quality on some of them is a lovely touch and not overdone. The only crop I would question is the second icon of Sansa Stark since I think that it makes her look a bit disembodied, which is more to do with the length of her neck but that's just one of those things when it comes to cropping :wacky:.

My favourite of the signatures is the one of Daenarys because the colours and effects are well thought out. However, like Kira pointed out the sharpness of the pieces needs reevaluation. The text especially suffers under the over sharpening so maybe using a layer mask on the layer with the sharpening filter might help to eliminate the ares which look bad sharpened to such an extent.

Overall, I love your work here and look forward to seeing more!

Back