raindrops on roses.

Coco

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Gil
I was lucky enough to have a friend who...well, she bought a really nice watercolor paint set for the heck of it and she hadn't touched it in years, so she gave it to me. I bought a nice brush to go along with it a few days ago. I don't have the appropriate canvas yet though.

I'm still new at this. So far, all the training I've had came from Googling 'watercolor painting tips and tricks'. :wacky:

I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I'd really like to take a class or ask a professional to teach me. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and money for a class nor do I know any watercolorists, so I'm on my own. D:

I'll be posting my watercolor art here.

C&C are much welcome.
Thank you so much for viewing. ♥

scan0001.jpg

"aphrodite rose"
14 x 10 1/2 in

scan0002.jpg

"leaving neverland"
14 x 10 1/2 in

scan0003.jpg

"cold evenings"
14 x 10 1/2 in

This is very nice, Coco. The colors reminds me of your GFX style of work. ;) I've dabbled in water-coloring back in high school (art class) and I found them to be kinda hard and messy. But that's my lack of training speaking. :P

You're doing pretty good for a beginner though, so I look forward to seeing more work as you progress. You have the ability and talent to capture the beautiful things in life that normally people won't think twice about, so to see you work in another form of art is awesome.

They are beautiful! Remind me of your GFX, as Mitsuki said. Good for a beginner in my opinion. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more!!

Those look really warm and nice, especially the first one. ♥

You should definitely draw and color more flowers, they're perfect for water coloring practice. :3

Updating. :ryan: These are scans, so the quality is cleaner than the ones from my last post. I am sad I wasn't able to paint much this summer. D:

scan0002.jpg

"untitled"

scan0003.jpg

"heal"

...and just today, I stumbled upon this; the very first watercolor piece I considered finished.
That was quite a while back. Looking at it now, it's like it was colored with crayons. xD
Quite obv that I had no idea what I was doing. :wacky:

scan0001.jpg

"jewels"

C&C are much welcome.
Thank you so much for viewing. ♥

Updating:

scan0006.jpg

I started on this around 2 hours ago. I felt so sleepy in between, but I just couldn't rest until I finished it, so I drank coffee. Bad idea :gonk: it is now half past midnight and I am wide awake. Luckily I don't have to leave until noon tomorrow. :wacky:

Bump bump.

I had to take pictures because our scanner isn't working =(

tumblr_mbjc5v8RdH1rsnjd8o1_500.jpg

DSC_9423.jpg

Inspired by:

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same"

Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

DSC_9436-2.jpg

These are amazing! That last flower one is my favorite. Watercolor really gives stuff a magical dreamy look, doesn't it? Do you outline the stuff before you paint or do you just start?

These are amazing! That last flower one is my favorite. Watercolor really gives stuff a magical dreamy look, doesn't it? Do you outline the stuff before you paint or do you just start?

I agree, watercolor is a wonderful medium. =D I outline them very lightly with a pencil. I can never just paint right away like other people. :gasp:

And thank you so much! <333

DSC_3322-1_zps1d0085e2.jpg

Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light.

- Oscar Wilde

DSC_3318-1_zps4a7c1d93.jpg

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly,
"One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."

- Hans Christian Andersen

Back