Reviews Skyrim [PC, PS3, XBOX360]

lugiaXDG009er

Bigass White bird that can deep dive and swim the
Gil
This game is amazing and that is definitely what I'm going to start with. What this game lacks in thorough stable coding it makes up for in how beutiful it looks and amazing gameplay and for me the story kind of falls by the wayside. However with all it's pluses it does have some pretty heavy negatives and considering this games main characters are hard to list, considering most of them are disposable, I am going to limit it to the few characters that are essential to your progression in certain quest lines and please note I have not really played through the main story line yet as I have been finishing the side quest and the guild storylines (mostly).

This games storyline, well the main one anyway, revolves around you finding out you are the legendary dragon born and are able to truly defeat a dragon by devouring its soul. How do you find this out well you kill a dragon thats how cause that is the problem,bathe dragons have started coming back and you need to stop it because otherwise it's the end of the world.

Of the many storylines of games I've played this ones pretty original, I mean I don't think I have ever had a game ( with dragons in it) where the dragons are actually the thing that is going to cause the apocalypse and your not thrust into yet another brown post apocalyptic setting which leads to one of the best things about the game.

The setting of this game is by far the most unoriginal thing about this game I've seen it used in many a game, just not in the modern day games. What this game does is take you away from the drab settings of the modern day fps's that rule the gaming industry nowadays, and thrusts us into an environment I haven't seen I quite a while. The rolling expanse of forests plains and frozen mountains give great backdrops to a great adventure with caves and abondoned forts to explore and dragons to murder what's not to love about this game so far

Well now here comes the part I didn't want to do naming the main character and like I said before this can be hard to do, why? I here you ask well because once you have finished a quest for a 'main' character they can become expo able and even the ones that are part of the main storyline can be disposable but I digres and because I don't want to ruin the story line for most of the quest lines for possible new players I will usually place no description of the. Character in fact I am just going to list them in no particular order:

Delphine
Esborn
Brynjolf
Aringeir
Vilkas
Aela
Farkas
Ulfric

That's basically all the unspoiledish ones there is so yeah.

Now it's the part that the haters are waiting for the cons of the game. Ok let's get started with something that really pissed me off, the recognition system oh wait sorry there isn't One, yep you could the worlds greatest hero or the worlds biggest dick usually (for some cases if there are no witnesses) you will be unrecognized for your actions except by the fucking guards "yes I know I am good at light armor, yes I know someone stole my sweet roll and yes I know you took a fucking arrow to the knee and guess what here's a couple more" and this is a really serious problem I had basically done everything in the game except defeat Alduin and what do I get jack and shit with a sprinkling of who gives a damn.

Another problem is the glitches which, although many are fun, are pretty annoying in fact I still have this problem with my companion not using the amazing. Bow I gave them and insisting on picking up a crappy bow and using that instead.

Another thing is the very short quest lines which by bethesdas standards is fucking amazing. Bethesda games that I have played usually have long drawn out quest lines that lead to you getting leadership of that group felt so satisfying. Where as in skyrim I could be the leader of almost every faction in the game within a day and I don't get that feeling of accomplishment that I should get I just feel like okay well that was fun what's the next one.

The other thing is that if you don't have a good foundation in your combat skills this game will bend you over and begin to make your life miserable because this game scales random encounters to your level so that things don't become too easy if your character is focused on being a sneak thief then your in for a lot of deaths and a lot of saving because all those enemies are just going to rape you unless you can sneak past or kill them with a sneak attack which isn't as easy as you'd think.

But overall the game handles well and you can almost never get bored and one thing that is great about a game of this scale is that you will almost never have the same adventure as someone else and the gameplay flows quite well for a game that is essentially swing your arm at the thing in front of you until it dies, you did or your arms disappear at the end of a difficult fight before you could deliver the killing blow... Fuck.

But all jokes pros/cons aside I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone just give it a try you might like and if you don't that's another person that hates you but hey no skin off your back ay. So overall I would give this a 10/10 and it definitely deserves game of the year and a lot of extra attention from Bethesda and please release the mod kit already.

One extra note if you can try and get this on PC because this game is just so much better looking and more fun when you throw some mods on it but that doesn't really matter it works really well with all the consoles some frame rate issues on the console versions though but overall a great game

I have heard a lot amazing things about this game, starting with the mesmerizing environments and amazing game play. A friend of mine told me there are many cool mods you can use with this game, so I'd definitely be interesting in checking that out. Thanks for the great review, I will definitely give it a try when I have the time to do so :)

I got this when it was first released and played around 12-15 hours of it. I would really love to go back to it seeing as the remastered version is now on Steam!

It takes me so long to get my head round these games. I end up joining every guild as i go through the game instead of focusing on just one and the quests for that guild.

I remember thinking at the time how good the graphics for this game are unbelievable! but sadly i just couldn't get the time to get into it. I feel I have a theme for lack of time for games :-(

Back