What Kind of Child were you?

Squid

Suck my dick.
Veteran
Gil
Were you a little shit, or a spoiled brat? Maybe you were a pretty well behaved kid and listened to every word your parents said?

I was a little shit and a brat, I was constantly screaming and tantruming, and would get smacks with the wooden spoon daily. I used to torture my little sister by doing mean things, eg. Making her hang onto the clothes line while I spun it so fast she was too scared to get let go, or I'd draw on the walls and tell my mum it was Nikki and she'd get smacked. Etc.

I was horrible. I am so much nicer now. /smug.

Anyway, now you explain.

:monster:

I think I was pretty good overall. Even though I was often bought the beanie babies I asked for, I didn't throw many tantrums, didn't DEMAND things (often - i'm sure all kids do occasionally) and tended to be rather grateful.

The lack of tantrums was partly due to my mother, who is incredibly good at asserting authority and very unforgiving. I was terrified of disappointing her and if I ever did misbehave, she'd come down on me and tell me that I'd embarrassed her and that she felt so ashamed to be seen with me. I felt so guilty hearing that. :ness:

I also had a lot of babysitters and never felt 100% comfortable in their home. I wasn't nervous, per se, but I was very calm, although I was less calm when teased by other children...

My friend Stephanie's mother didn't like me apparently, but Stephanie took great pleasure in teasing me and pushing all my buttons. Due to being an only child, I was quite sensitive and took everything to heart. :lew:

I was a little better with Lucy, whose grandmother and mother looked after me from the age of 9, after my babysitter got me to sit in the back seat of her friend's car, who my parents didn't know - there's another thing. I was VERY honest. Still am. :lew:

I changed a lot through childhood when it came to sharing. When I started to spend time with other kids I didn't like to share. I remember one occasion when I was asked to share at the age of between 4 and 6 actually. :lew: I didn't want my things to remain my own...I was just afraid of other kid's losing them. I took great pride in my toys and always wanted to make sure they were taken care of.

As I grew up, however, I loved to give, so I didn't mind sharing. I wanted others to share my positive experiences. I have since learnt that people really don't look after your things so it's best only to share special items with the people you truly trust. :P

Going back to the first paragraph, my gratefulness was due, in part, to my teacher in year 5 who taught me a lot of valuable life lessons. She was so nurturing and friendly - a real mother figure. She was the leader of Brownies too, and it was there we learnt all about the importance of 'lending a hand' and being generally good young citizens. :)

As a kid I turned out to be generally good. I was raised as an only child but gawd I was treated like a friggin slave. Growing up I was forced to do nearly all of the housework including yard work, dusting, organizing, cleaning, washing dishes by hand, garbage duty, everything except cooking which I already could do to some extent. I was raised really strict by my mother who didn't even want kids and would punish me for trying to do the right thing or making mistakes.

An example of this would be my daycare leaving me at my school and so I attempted to walk the half a mile to the daycare. I got punished for that by being beat with a belt, and I also got the same punishment for accidently dropping a heavy gallon of water when I was 4 or if I spilled anything by accident. I still have belt marks on my back D:<

I was terrified of disappointing the adults in my life because I'd be punished. So as a result I always used manners and kept quiet and what not around them. To this day I still am respectful towards older folks, the stern ones still scare me a bit. :hmmm:

Anyways growing up I was a quiet, clean, straight A, nearly perfect child who wasn't nearly as emotionally happy as I could have been. I was really nice to all the kids in school and I had a ton of friends who I would sometimes make up lies to impress. I was kind of a bookworm too as I could read on a really high level...but I went to a shit elementary school so that really doesn't matter. xD

I sort of had a bitchy side as well to kids who looked...abnormal. I dunno why but I kind of subtly gave hints that I didn't want to be around creepy acting/looking kids. I came to tolerate and be good friends with them later though because I made a really cool friend with this kid who got picked on a lot.

As I grew up and began to question the methods of my being raised I slowly but surely began to hate my family and till this day I still do to a certain extent(forgiving and forgetting will take a while). But at least I have the skills to become a perfect housewife :mokken:

But yea I was generally nice and respectful. I kind of get jealous of the kids I see running around nowadays. Half of them don't get punished enough and most of them get anything by just whining. It makes me kinda wish I was spoiled a bit. xD

Last edited:
I was well behaved and listened to most things that everybody said, particularly my parents. As in all children, there would be some rebellion, but it wasn't very much. My parents tell me that I never really got angry or had tantrums as such, and I didn't even cry much as a baby.

I was always concerned about doing things wrong though. My sister would quite often test authority but I tended to avoid doing that and always felt a massive guilty conscience over me whenever I felt as if I was in a group of people who were messing about or doing something that they shouldn't be doing.

I still get this. I don't think it is always a good thing.

Apparently as a baby I was very attached to my mum, if she even went in a different room without me at some point I would get upset. I barely cried apart from this though, apparently.
As a actual child I was well behaved, I actually saw things very black & white and would not appreciate anyone rebelling. OH how that has changed! xD
Basically the reasons I was like this is due to Asperger Syndrome - A mild form of Autism I have been diagnosed with a while ago. It doesn't affect me much anymore, but I can fuck things up well and truly with the stuff I say sometimes. :) Watch out FFF!

As the youngest of three siblings, I think I was particularly spoilt in terms of parental attention, namely from my dad. I would simply do a short wail whenever he was in an audible distance and he would come to me without hesitation, whereas my mother was a lot stricter with me. If someone had to tell me off, reprimand me or even punish me for something, it would be her, and I honestly found her intimidating. Unsurprisingly therefore, I was a lot fonder of my dad than I was with my mother, and this small little gulf between us opened up.

I was very jealous of my older sister by two years - the oldest of the three siblings, largely because she was seen as being a lot more studious and academically stronger than I was. She was never as naive or sensitive as I was, and she had everything to be admired about. I found her a lot more infallible than I was. She often got things right, did things astutely and perfectly, and rarely got into trouble. I ended up being a lesser version of her as I tried with all my ability to emulate her, albeit unsuccessfully.

The pair of us never really threw tantrums though, compared to my brother, who was determined to fight the power as often as he could. Whenever I was reprimanded by my mother, it would hit me hard. I would crawl to a corner and sit on the floor, whilst leaning against the wall silent for about an hour if my dad wasn't around. If he was, I would just run crying into his arms. Poor little demure me.

When I was a boy. World was better spot. What was so was so. What was not was not. Now I am a MAN. World have changed alot! :gasp:

^ gotta get that off first as it somewhat relates to my relationship with my father and most of my childhood.

As the first born, many expectations were raised on me. I've kept this weird sense of humour on me that few would rarely understand and I enjoyed the fond memories of my dad and ma. But ma was always strict and ever so temperamental for some reason, I could analyze that she was spoilt herself as a child and tried to shift herself against the world to prove that she is right hence why she exerted her authority on me. Rarely does this apply nowadays.

As for quirks, I tend to draw alot of things I see. Dinosaurs and aircrafts were my hobbies, I would catalogue dinosaurs and aircrafts as various designs to show to my friends. Drawing and sketching is my first and foremost love for all I cared in the world at that time. Back then I had a love-hate thing going on with girls, I even got into a fight with them but it died out in time after one incident that changed my view of the opposite sex at a young age.

I loved getting into fights but never winning them, as a result I was constantly bullied for my other attributes.

I behaved alot more politely as time went on due to the basis of being rewarded for being a good kid. It does pay off quite well but I'm now old enough to exert which is right and wrong to be quiet, I can be quite the talker at times too but only for silly topics that isn't politics or religion (politics is the most hated topic in my household and even I have a disdain view on it).

I loved the movies as a kid and I rarely cry or throw tantrums as long as you give me something to watch with. All in all I turned out great, but I could've done better or performed better in my youth. I still keep the drawing thing as a sideline to this day and even writing stories sometimes.

Summary: I'm talkative and playful with the other kids but very quiet when with adults or when the kids want to tell me something. : )

I was always the weird kid. I actually don't even remember much of my childhood, between all the prescriptions doctors would get me doped out on. I remember I was on seroquel once... All I would do is sleep, even passed out on the lawn and in the living room a few times.

But what I do remember, is that I was usually very angry or confused a lot of the time. There are a few good memories, like when I played soccer and went fishing... But there's not a lot there to remember.

I was a good kid.

I wasn't a little shit like some kids were. I never ran off away from my parents. I wasn't a gross kid. I didn't annoy anyone.

I was always quiet and reserved. Everyone always commented on how I was such a lovely child.

I mean, I did have quarrals with my siblings but that's just normal. For the most part I was lovely. :ryan:

I was annoyingly precocious; I spent a lot of time reading from a young age, and I was ahead of the vast majority of people the same age as me in Primary School; I was moved up a year as a result. This also made me extremely competetive, which got me into all sorts of trouble in Secondary School. I was the kind of obnoxious little brat you just want to punch in the face for existing. Not much has changed, I suppose. xD

I was a spoilt little brat. I didn't exactly get everything I wanted, because what I wanted was very expensive most of the time, but I was never particularly unhappy. My grandparents used to spoil me excessively, and I was never really disciplined for being an obnoxious little prick. I was abused by my father, but...well, that's an entirely different matter, that hasn't really impacted who I am, other than perhaps making me feel that parents who abuse their children should be publicly hanged.

To avoid nothing but negatives about myself (for a change) I'll add that I loved to adventure a lot, probably more than your average kid. I spent a lot of time fishing the local rivers, catching bugs, terrorizing the local cats, etc. Watching The Natural World on an almost daily basis will do that to a kid.

I was fairly well behaved, except when my brothers were around and we were trying to kill each other. When I hit high school I kind of flew off of the handle a bit, but I've made my way back. I don't take to authority well, though, so I guess I've sadly never grown out of that. xD

I think I was pretty spoiled, but my parents were strict, hence why I was usually well behaved. I spent most of the time reading a book or on our trampoline, though, so I didn't have much of a chance to get into trouble. I was bullied in high school, so I got angry and took it out on my family. It made me constantly irritable and annoying, not that I'm much different now, other than the fact I've got better control of my anger. I think just because my brothers were all taller than me, even my younger brother, I became a tattle-tale and do-gooder, since I'd never be able to beat them up. xD

In general, though, I was an average annoying sister.

When I was a child, Or some I'm told : I was always on my best behaviour. I was outgoing and friendly and always talking to everyone. Somewhere along the line I ended up distancing myself from most people(I think it was sometime in middle school), and sort of became a 'loner'(I know, the term is overused, but I've got nothing else.)

Though in my school years I never got along with other students, I did however get along great with the teachers and staff(Which of course led the other students to accuse me of being a suck up, which wasn't really my goal)

I have to say that even though my childhood life wasn't perfect, it was well enough, and made me who I am today... I wouldn't change it.

I was loud. Always getting in scrapes, always in A&E over summat dumb id done to myself. A little shit really. I wasnt a bad kid, but I wasnt particularily good either. I was always playing out, kids these days dont know they are born *shakes fist* Though if I wasnt out I was pretty happy with my head in a book, ive always liked reading, and when I got my Megadrive, which was my first ever console that was allll mine, my love of gaming was born and when I wasnt off out with me mates I was holed in my room getting shouted at for shouting at the computer because I couldnt do whatever it was i was trying to do :rage:

Let's consider this part of my intro, maybe?

Overall, I was a good kid. My nose was almost always in a book (even when it shouldn't have been) when I wasn't trying to draw. I never really got into a lot of trouble except when it came to not doing any homework. Imaginative as hell, but usually fairly quiet when I wasn't being as obnoxious as all hell. Common note on my report cards: Does not complete homework or assignments. A pleasure to have in class."

I was a much more innocent version of myself. I dress similar to how I did back then, same long, wavy/curly hair, same love of video games and what not, yaddi yadda. I'm much more of a pervert and more eccentric with my friends, though I still am pretty 'meh' around strangers. I was definitely the Socially Awkward Penguin as a child and still am.

I was a jock as a kiddo. I played travel baseball at the age of 9 till the age of 12, till my wrist and rotator cup went to shit (pitcher). Before that I had played from the age of 6.

I played Soccer, Basketball, then ran track and then played football. I've always been pretty average at basketball, but excelled in Soccer and Track.

So my personality actually was pretty shy. I went a bit mute in 2nd grade, after my mom had cancer. I never really broke out of that until 18. Not because of the cancer bit, but from family death and certain other things. I went inverted and became an avid PC gamer around the age of 11 and up. I still played sports though as much as I did, but only hung out with my non sports friends on the weekend.

As far as how I treated my parents? Meh. Average I guess. I was more attached to my paps, though due to my mom was bat shit looney have the time. I'd be sitting in front of the TV on a Saturday and she'd come up and pester me about my school work. Safe to say, when I got the car at the age of 16.. I was out the door more often, and at the ages 17-18 I didn't come home a lot. My mom was a teacher, but the radiation did something to her psychological state, so I just said eff it..

I was a pretty decent kid. Sure I smoked quite a bit from the ages of 14 (cigarettes) and up, but I still was able to set a school record in the 800m dash (if you want to call it a dash). I became a passive listener with a mild sense of OCD. I was a very average student. I made C, B, and A's. I didn't give two shits about school unfortunately. I just focused more on getting to know people outside of it.

As far as spoiled? My folks had money, but I didn't see it a lot. I did have a n64, my bro's NES, Genesis, PSX, PS2 .. though the only true loves were my computer and my ps2. I started doing HTML design around the age of 15, and learned Cascading style sheets. I later dropped coding and decided out of pure lunacy to try my hands at psychology.

I was a likable kid I suppose. As a youngin I was always hanging around the little girls, later on I had a set group of friends, that we would goof off.. smoke my friend's mom cigarettes (virginia slims) and play Streets of Rage and shit like that. I never gave people shit.. though I have a few stupid habits. I regret em, but you live and you learn.

I am huge in respecting my family.. though as I said I needed my space. I do cuss like a sailor these days, but back in the day I never really said much unless around my friends. My brother who was five years my senior, would beat the shit out of me.. wrestling, kicking one another, him tossing me down a few stairs every now again the typical brother stuff. So I tended to respect him more actually. He's a good friend today, just distant with his two little girls and all. (father life.. tsk tsk).

I did get into trouble with the teachers quite often, but I was hyper as shit near the 2nd and 3rd grades. Though what can I say.. I was bored often.. I hated just sitting still as a kid.

I was a spoiled only child.

I guess I was a bit of a brat too. My dad told me this story about me being in daycare and we had a hobby horse in the room...and this boy wouldn't share and was being a brat about it, so I guess I knocked him off of it in a fit of rage or something (the teacher said) :lew: I got a big time time out for that one.

Other than that I don't think I was a naughty child. My dad says I was pretty well-behaved and yada yada...

My mom on the other hand thought I was a brat. Although I really love my mom, I really don't believe she was entirely cut out for children...so I think that's why she says I was such a naughty kid :wacky:

I was the oldest amongst my four siblings and I remember just being the leader of them and watching out for them when we were alone or playing outside. :hmmm: Anytime we'd be playing around my younger siblings always came to me for help or advice... So I guess amongst my siblings I was a leader. But I also lived by the rule-book of my parents earning the nick name "mini-mom" which I did not appreciate at the time... but now I love knowing I wasn't a child that did bad things :wacky:

I wasn't really into video games when I was younger like my other siblings were. We had a NES until about 1998... so we kept it old school. :hmmm: I was usually playing with blocks or my horse/pony dolls.

I wouldn't say me or my siblings were spoiled because we honestly loved and appreciated anything we got. It might sound strange but after my dad would come home from his construction job he'd always bring us dollar toy surprise bags(usually filled with bubbles, yoyos, dolls, toy guns/money, mini soldiers, etc) from one of those dollar stores and we'd just love playing with them. :lew: We'd get fancier toys too sometimes, but we never turned a nose at anything. :lew:

Let's see... I also ate anything my parents cooked for dinner... except for nasty peas! :raye: I never threw tantrums or cried in public though... none of my siblings or I did, come to think of it. :hmmm: And we would barely ever get into fights, I mean, yeah... we'd get into a few rare disagreements about who gets to play Super Mario Bros. first, second, third, and fourth--but once that sort of stuff was dealt with we were all right.

Over all, I would say that I hope when I have children that they are like my siblings when we were younger. :grin:

My mom and dad says I was the type of child that went around humming or singing... so I guess I was a weird child. :lew:

Much like now I absolutely adored attention, so I would act the luder in order to get it. I used to get in trouble in my first few years of school, I would refuse to do my homework or read Huggy Bear out loud in class. Or I would read it once then refuse to do it again. I would turn my chair away from the teacher and refuse to look at the board. I would run out and leave the classroom too, or just not come back inside after lunch break. Looking back I was much more hardcore when I was four

The kind that always got straight A's in school. Never smoked (hate the smell). Never taken illegal drugs. Never drank alcohol (tasted though, it's nasty). Never had sex.

So yeah, I was a good child. I'm glad how everything turned out. Yeah I had my bad moments but what child doesn't?

Back