What Kind of Child were you?

Quiet and shy. Usually did what I was told. My father was very strict about stuff so it usually wasn't worth going against him. I remember once we visited a friend's house and I sat on the couch without asking. When I got home he lost it o.o

That said I had a bit of a period when I was a teenager where I was particularly grouchy and stuff but eeh.

I was a very well behaved kid and can only remember getting spanked once. It was quite funny actually. I can't for the life of me remember why I got so mad. But my "dad"(as if he deserves to even be called that) didn't let me do something when he got home from work. When he was in the bathroom taking a bath, I opened the door and gave him the middle finger. Needless to say he wasn't happy. I got spanked and had to stand in the corner.
That's the one and only time I remember ever getting in trouble like that.

I was very shy, socially inept & very troubled. Not much has changed. :whistle2:

My parents split up before I turned 8 - nasty divorce and all that. I had kid me, who was really silly and goofy, and then 'divorced' kid me, who was very withdrawn and depressed.

I remember being very weird. Like, I know I'm goofy weird, but this was straight up weird I guess. I'm not sure if it's the result of the divorce or just me growing into myself. My mom has told me that she often had trouble understanding me as a young child and that she thought that maybe I was a bit autistic that went undiagnosed because of the divorce. I can honestly say that I've felt that way as an adult at times, but I don't want that to come across as offensive to someone who may also be autistic somewhere on the spectrum. Things have gotten better now that I've gotten older but thinking about kid me just makes me a bit sad.

I saw a home video last year of us kids at Christmas before the divorce. It was like a completely different family. I wonder how things would have been if my parents just stuck together long enough for us to become adults.

Back