Contacts or Glasses?

I've been wearing glasses for the last 17 + years and I have tried contacts in the past (didn't stick with them); however, just recently there was an incident of theft in our store that got me thinking I should be able to wear some sort of vision corrector without it being too obvious. See, the glasses I have are thick rimmed and get in the way/fall off since my job is rather physically demanding. They're just not the most ideal things to be wearing when you're doing so many different things. So I recently went to the eye doctor to look into contacts again and I've been testing a few different brands out for the last month, and I have to prefer them over my glasses for work purposes. I suppose I still have to get used to the dryness and itchy feeling, but it's been a while since I've had to put something in my eyes.

I guess, aside from the obvious annoyances, I'll go with contacts.

Contacts. Glasses get all smuged up and can get broken. While some contacts may dry out, others do not. However, it is easy to lose a contact if you arent careful.

I pretty much have to wear contacts because of my job. :( But I wear glasses in my house. ^-^

Typically I'll wear my glasses at home if I need them and sometimes when I take a little trip to the store. But usually I'll wear contacts when attending parties, family events, going out with friends, etc. I don't really have any trouble with them getting dry or itchy, unless I take a nap in the afternoon and forget to take them off, but that's rare.

I dont mind either, but I will post why I like each one in their own way.

Glasses: They are much easier to clean and they do not rip or get lost as easy as contacts can.

Contacts: I can see without having something on my face and I don't have blind spots like I do with glasses.

I wear glasses, and I'm not changing that.

Every morning before school I would watch in horror as my dad put his contacts in, it's a sight I can never forget.

I hate that you have to have your finger so close to your eyes when you put them in. Anything can go wrong.

Also my dad always had really red eyes and he said it was because of his contacts.

I'm good with glasses!

I wore glasses for many years and I tried contacts a couple of years ago. I wasn't ready for them, my Mum pushed me into having them and the guy who taught me how to the use them didn't do a very good job. I was in the middle of the shop floor with people all around and I felt under a lot of pressure. I was only like... 14 or 15 at the time. I left the shop not very confident with putting them in and taking them out so I never used them.

I was working all summer and had extra cash so I thought I would try them again, this time at an optician in the UK rather than Saudi and now I love them. If you get daily disposable ones, you just pop them in for the day and throw them away. I was taught how to use them properly this time and the lady was really patient with me. Also, she wouldn't let me have a trial until she was confident that I could do use them myself. :wacky:
I understand the fears of using them, I was the same. But tbh, I've been using them for a couple of weeks now and I've had no problems with them. Putting your fingers so close to your eyes is something you get used to and unless you're an idiot, you're not going to take your eye out.

I prefer contacts anyway. I hate running at the gym with my glasses. I hate when my glasses steam up when I go indoors or open the oven etc. I also don't like the way I look in glasses, I would be lying if I said that getting contacts wasn't for aesthetic reasons. I have lazy days when I just lounge about and just wear my glasses though.

That was a really boring post.

I find that certain people tend to look more attractive with or without glasses depending on how they wear them. I for one am constantly judged and deemed as nerdy by strangers when I wear glasses, which I don't think is a bad thing but I prefer the reaction I get from people when I wear contacts. I tried contacts this year and it's much less of a hassle than glasses in my opinion. I hated taking my glasses off and not being able to see them and pick them up again because of my terrible vision(I'm blind). I'm also very prone to losing glasses and stepping on glasses and scratching/smudging my glasses. The money I've spent on new glasses is ridiculous and was even worse when I was in grade school. Contacts are easier for me. Sometimes there's a bit of irritation and sometimes I drop them into the blurry abyss when trying to put them in but I like the convenience of not having to constantly wipe them during the day. Besides when you get used to touching your eyes(with clean hands of course) it's not so bad.

So in the end it's contacts for me. Glasses get worn on the lazy days when I'm not going out in public but I wear contacts more. ^_^

I wear glasses currently and that's how I'm gonna stay for the rest of my life. I tried 3 different times to use contacts because I feel that I look better without my glasses on. And each time I wound up getting mad because they'd dry out and my eyes would be downright miserable. Each time I usually lasted about a month or 2 before I'd go back to glasses. For the amount of money that the contacts were costing me it wasn't worth it to keep trying and paying the fee to get a new supply each month or so, only to have them sit in my drawer and not be used.
So glasses, sadly :sad3:

Contacts forever! They're so much more convenient and I think they provide a more accurate portrayal of the world. I get this weird disconnect with glasses (you know, the ring around your vision that's warped because of where the lenses aren't) and I don't really like my face with them.

Plus it's so much easier to do your makeup with contacts XD

I'm all about the contacts too. I've never really had any problems with them at all. I just had glasses when I was younger but kept breaking them every month or so. Contacts are just easier for me unless my eyes get really tired.

Back