Wouldn't you have liked to see Kairi fight a bit more?

genesis13

Gil
Although I am not a huge fan of Kairi's, I would have definitely liked to see a little more of her fighting. When Riku gives her her Keyblade towards the end, I was fairly shocked (mind you, I have not played KHI so I don't know if you see her Keyblade there) but I had never seen her wield it.

When she got one, I did a double take. Then I played a bit of Birth By Sleep and things made sense. The one question that remained on my mind was why she couldn't summon her Keyblade like the other two boy toys with her. Riku was just like "here, shiny!" when he handed it to her.

Oh and where did Riku get her Keyblade from? Curse the cartoons and their ability to whip random stuff up from behind their backs!

Mmmmkay, thoughts? Explanations? Facts that I don't know?

Holla!

Kairi.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Kairi either but I think it would be a good experience to fight along side Kairi.
I don't think Kairi shouldn't even of been given a keyblade because shes not even a keyblade wielder and I don't understand how Riku got it either.
If Kairi got to fight along side Sora in KH3 that would be cool but would be really werid at the same time.
Oh yeah and Kairi doesn't have a keyblade in KH1

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything from KH1. She never had a Keyblade in that. It's later explained Aqua accidentally performed the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony with Kairi, which is why she's able to use the Keyblade. And hers is freaking adorable. <3 She actually can't summon it because she isn't a full-fledged Keyblade wielder, but because of Aqua, if she's given one, she can use it.

Yeah. It would be kinda cool to see her take a more active role in the story. In both Kingdom Hearts I and II I kinda felt like she was a damsel in distress, in KHI you see her at the beginning of the game and end of the game. Same for KHII. I feel like she could be a strong female character, similar to aqua in someways.

She's like the stay at home Mom in these games. Mixed with princess peach. All she does is end up in situation where she must be rescued. Joy.

Yes, I'd like to not only see her fight more, but also be a playable character. She should be fighting alongside those other two IMO. But Ehh, I do like aqua better. So whatever happens with Kairi happens.

i definitely wouldve loved to have seen kairi fight more. especially if she fought donald and killed him.

i hate donald.

maybe in kingdom hearts 3 kairi can kill donald. i hope so.

I don't know. Personally, I felt it was a bit forced that she could fight with a random Keyblade.

I didn't like it for that spontaneous reason. If it had have been gradual, I would have preferred it.

So yes, I would have liked to see more fighting from her.

I actually don't want to see her do anything........ever again. :hmph:

I just consider her to be an annoying damsel in distress and I don't think she was elevate from this role, even with her supposed keyblade training she is going to get. I would not have liked to see more fighting from her because I think it would have just included her getting her ass handed to her, unless they went the Aqua route with her, which would wonderfully take away her annoying damsel in distress character.

Back