Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Gorilla

Ex-Soldier
Gil
I want an honest answer.

Do you still believe this game is going to be released this console generation?

I hope so. :gasp: Versus is one of roughly 8 games for which I bought my PS3, and one of those has already been delayed yet again - The Last Guardian. :(

I have already lost Beyond Good and Evil 2 to the next gen of consoles, I'd better not lose this too! :hmph:

If they did release it on the next gen of consoles, they may lose a few customers. Fans may feel a little cheated... They'd certainly lose my support! I have decided not to buy future consoles. I just hate being such a consumer of materials. :/ I have more than enough consoles, more than enough games to entertain me, and feel I can make do without future consoles... I swear companies just churn them out. Specially Nintendo... D.S, D.S. in colours, DS Lite, DS Lite in colours, DSI, DSI in colours, DS XL, DS XL in colours... THEN the 3DS, which I suppose can be considered a REAL upgrade...

As in: "do you think this game will see the light of day before Sony and Microsoft dish out their new hardware"?

Considering reports of when we may get to see the next generation machines and when they may hit stores are based on very vague rumours that may or may not be true, Versus still has considerable time to come out. Then again, this isn't saying much considering it's been on the development conveyer belt for the last half a dozen years. But with the game in full production, I predict a Q1 2013 release for us. I honestly can't see the next generation consoles arriving any sooner.

Absolutely.

A rough estimate says that Versus may be released in late 2012.

According to Redfry and a few sites, the PS4 won't be actually released until at the earliest late 2014.

So, I don't think it'll be for PS4.

I'm not too sure on this one. It feels as though we have been waiting for Versus forever and a day - and I do hope more detail on the release and game itself comes soon. I reckon late 2012/early 2013 at earliest for a release, so it probably won't be out on anything next gen yet.

As in: "do you think this game will see the light of day before Sony and Microsoft dish out their new hardware"?

Considering reports of when we may get to see the next generation machines and when they may hit stores are based on very vague rumours that may or may not be true, Versus still has considerable time to come out. Then again, this isn't saying much considering it's been on the development conveyer belt for the last half a dozen years. But with the game in full production, I predict a Q1 2013 release for us. I honestly can't see the next generation consoles arriving any sooner.

You're not taking into account the Wii U, which will--apparently--come out next year, and exceed the technical capabilities of the PS3 and 360. Considering that Nintendo is really pushing third-party development and is trying to get more 18+ consumer-targetted titles on the console, in addition to the inevitably inexpensive price tag the console is going to feature, Sony and Microsoft aren't going to want a late start next go-around. Plus, there are rumours going around regarding Microsoft releasing a successor to the 360 by 2013, which is even more pressuring.

Either way, I highly doubt Versus will be a console-exclusive when it does count (Single console releases are generally a stupid idea for third parties in this day and age, especially for a title arriving so late in a console generation), and I'll wager that there will be a version of the game on the Wii U/Xbox 720. Ideally a PC version, as well.

Also, the smart thing for Square to do would be to drop the "XIII" moniker like they did with Agito/Type-0 and instead market the game as "Final Fantasy XV."

I think they're finished with Versus,

or largely finished except for reviews/debugging.

We'll hear about it after the NA and Europe releases of FFXIII-2.

Whichever gaming show comes out after that will have a new demo.I am sure about that.

The PS4 won't be out until 2014-2015.

They had better do a much better job with the pricing or all of these new consoles will be too expensive for me and for most poor and middle class people to afford.

Well since they've finally started working on it, and seeing as the PS2 held games (not too many of them were great) after it's life time, I don't see why not. Sony hasn't even had any rumours of a PS4 going around. Those are just being spread by those Xbox tards who think that just because Microsoft is announcing their next console at E3 or something that Sony will do the same. The problem is that Microsoft releases things about a year early (which is why the Xbox had such a shit launch), and now Sony doesn't want to "get left behind." So... By the time the PS4 is announced, if it still isn't out yet, I don't know if they'll completely port it to that console or just keep it where it's at (you should probably be more concerned about Kingdom Hearts III's console :wacky:). Probably would be easier to finish on the PS3 instead. And hopefully we don't see a new Sony console till at least 2014, as the hardware can technically hold up until around then, regardless of how shitty some games look compared to their PC counterparts anyways.

I really hope they do but if SE finish it to quickly then it will be a complete mess. FF Versus looks awesome I want to get it when it first comes out its also one of my most wanted FF games. If FF Versus came out in PS4 of something then it would have better graphics and quality's but I don't think I can wait that long :grin:

I'm glad this game with usher in the FF series into the Xbox One gaming generation. What I see sad is that the whole time the Xbox 360 was king of hte microsoft consoles, it only saw one main-line FF game with XIII. There's no reason why the PS1 can spit out 3, then it turns around and see's only 1 on the PS2/Xbox era, then 1 on the PS3/Xbox 360 generation. And I'm def not counting FFXI or FFXIV as main installments since they were online MMORPG's.

Just kinda sad that it takes so long,even generations of consoles to get out the next main installment games nowadays. :/

Back