Game Clans Reboot

Ethics

Banned
Veteran
Gil
[FONT=&quot]So, it should be pretty obvious from the thread title, but what do you guys think about rebooting the gaming clans?

The general activity between the two of them (which is absolutely none) is the complete opposite of their original concept. They seem to have turned into more of a private gaming lounge, which is nice, but there are already threads for such things. The reboot will try to emphasize upon the idea of generating forum based gaming activity with one another outside of "CoD later?"

If you want to simply put in your opinion of the reboot without any real suggestions for the redevelopment you can stop here as I'll start covering a few ideas that I personally would like the see in place, yet are not concrete and will be completely the subject of the majority's opinion.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Nominated leaders[/FONT][FONT=&quot]who are not staff (or perhaps not self placed staff if everyone thinks that is best).[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Post requirements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]that still encourage activity, yet are less strict than the GFX clans. Perhaps 3 posts every two weeks instead of one? This is something that can be adjusted by the leaders as member's and forum activity demands.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Owning a multiplayer capable console [/FONT][FONT=&quot]is also something I think should be reinforced. If I recall correctly roughly 1/3 of the members who signed up....don't own such a thing (they were planning on it, but never did) and then simply don't visit the area anymore.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dividing the members evenly [/FONT][FONT=&quot]in a manner that will not have the current lopsided state that the clans are in now (Tantalus is almost entirely RPG based where as Cruxis is filled with you CoDers and UC3 people). Deciding how to measure you would work like this: We could list each member more or less how they list GFX art but based on genre and not skill level. For example, FPS dominant, RPG dominant, "Mixed bag" or whatever and split them according to their gaming preference between the clans. That way one clan is not just doing RPGs while the other does FPS games. If you think it would further balance it we could also add a level of skill to divide them by. That way you don't have all the great FPS players in one clan and then all the people like myself in the other.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Breaking up the cliques[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to a degree is something that I think should happen. 95% of the CoD players are in a clique and ergo join into one clan, creating an imbalance between them (yes, this could have gone with the above bullet but I wanted to break it up). For this I have two suggested plans:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]In the sign up thread there will be a note asking members which clan they would prefer if there is a position available in both clans, but preferring said clan doesn't just give you a place you in it. If there is no room in your desired clan, you will be placed accordingly. Members with no preference would be placed accordingly or discussed between the leaders if there is room in both clans.

[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]There can be a "waiting list" for an overabundance of one genre of gamer preferring said clan. For example, three RPG gamers would say they prefer clan A while there is currently an even balancing between the clans and these three would tilt that favor. As clan B receives more RPG members one by one, the three who prefer A would be admitted into A. Once again, members with no preference would be placed accordingly or discussed between the leaders if there is room in both clans. In addition, a maximum wait time could be put in place if you guys think it’s needed that way members are not in the loop for eternity. Once the timer expires you will be placed where the leaders feel is best for you.

[FONT=&quot]Please keep in mind that these are things that will be added but are not the only rules that will be placed. Naturally, basic rules such as showing good sportsmanship and the like are required (that means don’t call each other things like %(@&#*^ little nooblets if you lose).[/FONT]

In addition to all this, we will obviously need two clan leaders to run these clans. If you are interested or know someone who you believe would be a good leader, feel free to post here with your interest in said position, or PM it to myself, Gingerbread Man or Mitsuki. A poll will be created with all people who wish to run so that everyone may vote fairly.

I think @Little Sister would be a super great clan leader, she is quite active and plays a lot of online games, not just Trout. Breaking up cliques makes sense, but at the same time I am not sure how enthusiastic people would be to team up with people they may not know or like. I would not mind, but most people are not forward thinking people like me, they are stupid communists

Also the clan names weren't worth a darn, the names need to be more hipster

Last edited:
Hhm I agree with the new names. Time for new clans. Why should there be only 2 clans btw? If there is a sufficient amount of participants there could be more then just2 clans imo. Basically most multiplayer games can hold a team of maximum 6-8 players.

Also time zones is the issue and Not everyone is using same clan tag...

I also fully support breaking up those cliques, but those new clans will eventually become the same lol. I only play COD tbh and I do have UC3 but I dont like the mp.

Game clans I dont really believe in them tbh. My 2 cents.

i think the clans need a reboot..... i agree with the name and the rule about must own a mutiplayer console is a good idea c:)

i joined but they were just not active :) i hope i see the gaming clans rebooted as it a very good idea :D

EDIT: also i dm being a clan leader :)

They do not need a reboot.
No one cares at all. No one wants to beat the losers from the other clan. Things like this never work. This clan thing will not work either. It's too much of a chore to organise a time, and even then it's inconvenient for most people. Leave it how it is.

The idea is that by breaking up the cliques then we would instantly (in theory, probably not in practice) be setting up a situation in which clan matches could potentially happen.

Since Cruxis is full of 'CoD now!'ers, if some of the 'CoD now!' crew were in a different clan, then when the 'CoD now!' people play CoD together then they would find themselves in opposite clans, still playing the game with each others, but could potentially compete if they want to.

Having one clan with lots of people playing CoD together, UC3 together, etc, and then another clan which largely has people playing singleplayer games does not make much sense when these clans are meant to be competing (albeit not necessarily in a very serious sense).

As for the chat and 'banter', etc, that could be moved to the Gamer Wreckroom (which could have heightened importance). Both clans can communicate with each other there, just like people do in the Cruxis chat. The separate clan threads could be used (again, in theory and probably not in practice) to discuss plans etc against the other team, or for any other inside-clan discussion.

That is at least the idea. There are probably many flaws and issues etc, which is why this thread can be useful discussion.

EDIT -
As for a name change... Would people have preferences of a sort of theme that they would like? Would it be neater to name them based on a similar theme, but perhaps be opposites of each other / or merely different things within that theme?

Or should the clans be named individually from within once the starting teams and clan leaders have been assigned (if we do reboot)? (Like Cruxis and Tantalus at present)

Last edited:
Having experienced the same thing with the graphic clans, I do think this is a good idea. Even if the same cliques form in the new clans again, it gives everyone a fresh start to sign up.

How about you just do the sign ups LIKE the GFX Clans?

The members that want to sign up are allowed to put down their preferred Clan in their sign up form, but Cali and I have the final vote on it, to see if it's realistic. It also gives the Clan leaders that work together team spirit that they really need to have in order to communicate with the clans.

Some GFXers are really good, and it should be up to the clan leader to keep an eye on their experienced players/gfxers in the clans. If one clan starts having too many - then it's only logical the other clan gets the next experienced player.

You should of course, also look at game type play.

I think a reboot might help with this. I don't think anything can go wrong if it doesn't get better, the worst that'll happen is you end up the same way things are now, and I don't think that's a lowpoint, at least you tried. ;)

Good luck on the gaming clans, guys.

Hhm I agree with the new names. Time for new clans. Why should there be only 2 clans btw? If there is a sufficient amount of participants there could be more then just2 clans imo. Basically most multiplayer games can hold a team of maximum 6-8 players.

Good point though itd be pretty boring posting a in a forum with only a few members. Though me you jim and tom are practically a clan in mw3 anyway :D

I think it could be wiser to stick with two clans.

Most games have online modes built for two teams. I can only think of a few games which have 3-way (or more) brawls. UC3 with its 3-team deathmatch and Smackdown (etc) games are the only examples I can think of. I don't think that it is that common, or at least is not common enough to ever be practical.

Of course, we wouldn't have to play all clans against each other at the exact same time. Perhaps there could be a league of sorts, like (I hate myself for using my sworn enemy as an example :sad2:) football team leagues. Perhaps that could help make it more competitive, encourage team spirit, etc. It might also tackle the issue of members living in different parts of the globe, since there could be clans that tend to be active at certain time zones.

However, I really doubt that could work. For starters I doubt we'd get enough interested members for lots of clans, and for seconds it could prove to be quite difficult to manage them. Unless people would disagree.

I do and don't like the idea of a re-boot :hmmm:

It would be nice to try and create competition but I'm not sure it'd work too well. Are there enough members that play the same games on the same consoles to divide them evenly and create two full teams? The only game I can think of where that would be possible is Call of Duty and (maybe) UC3.

Plus, as someone's said, Cruxis holds the majority of multiplayer gamers and Tantalus holds the majority of single-player gamers which I think works quite well. If you mix them up you'll have some people wanting to play CoD and some people wanting to discuss how far they are on an old FF game :wacky:

I dunno :hmmm: more could be done to increase activity and you could shuffle them to mix them about a bit, but I'm not sure how well the team competition would work. Maybe you could do callouts between a couple of people like in the graphics clans :hmmm: although having never been in one, I'm not 100% sure about how they work etc.

You could have competitions based on trophies/achievements earned on the PS3 and Xbox too, so that not all competition has to be based on everyone being able to play the same game at the same time on the same console.

I'm good with all the suggestions made in the OP, I think a lot of the deadwood need sifting from CX anyway (there's only half a dozen members that are still 'active' in CX itself) and I'm not sure T still even exists. My only 'objection', if you can call it an objection, is that I think CX as a clan name should stay, it's had fluctuations in activity but since UC3 it seems to be more or less holding its own.

The clans definitely so need a re boot, I try too keep the activity of tantalus up as much as I can but it just seems to be going no where :sad3: also I agree with everything you say. but I also think we would need an overall moderator for both clans to keep on top of who is doing what instead of one clan organizing an event but without notifying the other team. if you catch my drift.

but yes definately reboot the clans and lets get some competitive gaming done. especially in the new year where my working hours will be reduced so I can get more gaming done. and take or clan to victory. (yes trash talking starts now :mokken: )

Since we've revived the discussion for a game clans reboot, wanna make sure that everyone is still up for this. If so, do you think we should start out with one clan for now, and maybe appoint one or two clan leaders to lead the show? Later, we'll always have the option of splitting the members and create another clan. But with one clan, we can gauge how things might run, and there will be more members to interact with. Unless you guys are really up for two clans, that's fine too. But we'll need a decent amount of members per clan.

I would be up for it. Could not post when idea first came up sorry had no bet access and didn't want to neco post in this from when I did get net back. One clan would seem like a good idea just to see who is still interested. Though if there is enough maybe at least, I dunno eight to ten people for each clan, two might be better.

i think we should stick to one for nopw and see what intrest we get with it, and maybe if we get enough intrest we could spilt it into two later.... that what I think anyway :)

Sticking to one with 2 leaders would be good, I think. I'd be keen for a reboot, I hardly ever play games online any more because I never sort anything out with anyone!
If the clan then grows big enough and people want competition then we could split it down to two smaller ones with one leader each.

Just my two cents, I miss the clans.

Anyone else? Seems like we're down for one-clan only for the time being. I can start clearing up the clans, but I think we won't do the sign-ups until next week or so due to that we're waiting to hear for some site-related news here really soon. But definitely, we're looking to freshen things up in the next few weeks.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with doing only one clan for the time being.

Back