Ladies, how much makeup do you usually wear?

Mermaid

White Mage
Gil
Yes, I started a thread on this as I am very curious (and nosey!). For me it varies depending on self-confidence and my motivation to look decent. I do wear make-up in some form everyday though. My usual amount is foundation, mascara, eyeliner and a teeny bit of lipgloss. You, girls? :3

On a regular day I wont wear any, maybe mascara but thats about it. If Im off out, Il wear the whole lot, and go OTT on the eye make up, but other than that, i generally just whack on a bit of mascara

On a regular day I wont wear any, maybe mascara but thats about it. If Im off out, Il wear the whole lot, and go OTT on the eye make up, but other than that, i generally just whack on a bit of mascara

Yeah, I'm finding at the moment mascara is my most essential item in the makeup bag, sometimes I only wear that and a bit of foundation for my uneven skin tone.

id wear a bit more, if i wasnt so lazy and preferred the extra time in bed, than doing my make up

I hate wearing foundation though, its a pain in the arse, especially when its warm

I don't often wear make-up and when I do, I tend to wear a little bronze eye shadow, blended in, some brown mascara and some pore minimizer. If I want to feel prettier, I'll add some eye liner and some lip-coloured lip stick. Haha. I find eye liner ALWAYS smudges though. :gasp:

I wish I could work out how to bring my eyes out more without the make-up smudging into panda eyes. :wacky:

Very VERY occasionally (about four times a year), I'll add some foundation. A very thin layer. I hate the stuff...

I don't often wear make-up and when I do, I tend to wear a little bronze eye shadow, blended in, some brown mascara and some pore minimizer. If I want to feel prettier, I'll add some eye liner and some lip-coloured lip stick. Haha. I find eye liner ALWAYS smudges though. :gasp:

I wish I could work out how to bring my eyes out more without the make-up smudging into panda eyes. :wacky:

Very VERY occasionally (about four times a year), I'll add some foundation. A very thin layer. I hate the stuff...

Haha, the foundation I wear is quite thick because I hate my skin so much... Hate it when I get hot though because as Bambi implied, it feels gross :(
And the eye liner thing, me too, I always rub my eyes or something forgetting I am wearing make-up there = horrible panda eyes that don't even look like they were done on purpose. Sucks.

I only wear one thing of make-up: Eyeliner.

I cannot walk out of the house without eyeliner. I feel like I just look tired and sad, etc, without my eyeliner.

Other than that, I don't really care, honestly. I feel like the rest of me looks good enough to go out without.

I usually just wear mineral powder foundation and eyeliner.

The lip balm I use is just plain coloured as I don't like bringing attention to my lips for some reason. XD

I'm not very exciting when it comes to playing around with make up. I have attempted to wear eyeshadows and what not but I suck at applying it so I just gave up and stuck with the basics.

I don't leave without applying BB cream. It's amaaazing because it's sunscreen, moisturizer and foundation all in one. For those of us who are always in too much of a hurry to apply all those separately, it's a godsend. :rage: At the moment, I'm using Bioessence.

I love mascara, I've been using the Clinique trio for years now. Then to finish, I use a baby pink blusher. Just those three for me everyday.

When I'm only going out for a short while, I'll use a concealer stick on my eyebags.

Generally I don't wear make-up, with the exception of that little touch-up stick and lipstick on a special occasion.

I use a thin layer of foundation every day (well, if I feel like I need it, which I often do. Sometimes I just can't be bothered.) to even out my skin tone. I have dark circles so I like being able to cover them fairly well with just that. I used to use the liquidy foundation but that feels really disgusting after a few hours and even when applying it. I use the foundation compact that you use a makeup round to apply.

Other than that, just chapstick. I rarely use other makeup but I have nearly everything due to a picky grandma who hands things she doesn't like over. :wacky:

I usually don't wear any.

Half of me doesn't like the idea of putting on pounds of it because well, guys don't wear makeup when they go out so why should I hide myself under it if they don't. :mokken: But also, cuz I'm pretty comfortable with myself (not counting a few things I'd like to change but then again, everyone's got something they don't like). I suppose I'll wear lipgloss and mascara at the most if I go out somewhere, but that's it. :hmmm:
tumblr_lvqs73WrRu1qd4qvx.gif

I do not like my face, so I make sure to wear make-up before i got out anywhere, even if it's just to the shops. Usually I will put on eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow and some foundation over any spots, but if i am feeling a bit lazy then just eyeliner and mascara.

I enjoy putting on make up anyway.

Eye liner only for me. I'm not a fan of make-up, and to be honest, I'd have no idea how to apply it "nicely". I know how to get away with eyeshadow and mascara, but I never wear mascara. :hmmm: I have very thick and dark lashes naturally, so... :gonk:

Just eyeliner and I'm out the door. xD

I used to use the liquidy foundation but that feels really disgusting after a few hours and even when applying it.

Try Avon's products, or mark. I stopped using the disgusting liquid foundations that people buy from the store. I always feel icky, especially during the summer. But Avon or mark.'s products are excellent; you won't even feel that it's there, and it doesn't have that funky scent like other make-ups.

I use mark.'s liquid foundation (face xpert) and I love it. I'll only apply those when I'm attending a party or going out with friends, but before they go on my face, I always use a facial moisturizer (Clinique) and wait until that dries. I can't stand just applying foundation right away. Eye-liner and lipstick might be applied a bit more often than the liquid foundation. Sometimes I'll use a light eye-shadow (typically brown) but that's kinda rare as well. For the most part though, I am make-up free.

Last edited:
I'm not a big makeup person...at all really.

There are a few things I can't live without...flavored clear lipgloss and some foundation for the circles I have under my eyes...and a bit of neutral colored blush. If I go out then I'll do eyeliner and curl my eyelashes and throw some mascara on...and have a bit of an identity crisis before I leave the house because a lot of makeup on me really ages me.

I'm also addicted to those little Rosebud Co. lip balms in the tins...esp. the strawberry flavored one because it tastes really nice, goes on shiny, and looks really natural.

I'm like, the furthest thing from high maintenance-- I could careless what people think of my "ugliness." I know that makeup is a good resource, but not all the time. I'd prefer nature looking. when i'm going somewhere, or im breaking out too bad i'll use it. I hate makeup though it's so much effort to put on and take off.

I do the whole thing though

Mascara

eye-liner

eye-shadow

foundation

powder.

I'm no makeup artist, so i can't change the way I look drastically :wacky: so it does enhance my already cute natural face though (y)

Makes me look older :mokken:

apparently im 15. :lew:

I usually don't wear any.

Half of me doesn't like the idea of putting on pounds of it because well, guys don't wear makeup when they go out so why should I hide myself under it if they don't. :mokken: But also, cuz I'm pretty comfortable with myself (not counting a few things I'd like to change but then again, everyone's got something they don't like).

This and

Makes me look older :mokken:

apparently im 15. :lew:

this.

I don't like the idea of 'having' to wear makeup, either, 'because I'm a woman'. I don't like how it's so marketed to women that you HAVE to wear makeup. That you're NOTHING (ugly) w/o makeup. It's sad when I hear women say they can't not wear makeup or else they'll look like a monster/unattractive. Really? That's why I hardly ever wear it; I don't EVER want to become one of those women who feels insecure in my own REAL skin. That's BAD! Men can look good and feel attractive without it. Why can't I? Why do I have to spend half of my money on beauty products to look good and feel beautiful? No, thank you. I'm not gonna lie and say I have the best self-esteem, but it ain't that low! :mokken:

For most of the time in my life (lol), I do not wear makeup. If I feel the want to, I put on eyeshadow and mascara; maybe something on the lip. But my lipsticks aren't the lasting kind...I'll have to try out those hours-long ones. That's why I don't wear lip sometimes, and because sometimes I feel like no color really goes besides my plain lips with a bit of vaseline. But I only feel this way if I'm about to go to a party or some kind of special event where I feel a bit of makeup would be nice. Foundation and BB cream? Not really my thing. Maybe I don't know how to apply it right? Lol, but yeah I hate how it smudges...I hate how makeup in general smudges when you forget that you're wearing it and accidentally wipe your face with your hand. And eyeliner, I do not know how to put on and it just takes so much work. I am also more of the get-up-and-go type of person, so I can't be one of those women who are arsed with makeup every day; not even a lot. I also get too self-conscious with it because I feel the need to check in the mirror often to make sure it's all still in place.

Of course I wish I was a sex goddess so that I would look like a beautiful beast with or without makeup, but I'm not. :edd: Still, I'm pretty comfortable with my "average" looks, so don't push makeup on me!!

I have also been told that I look 15 at 19. I'm only 20 now; wonder if I still look it, lol? At 18, I was told that I look 12 one time. And last year, 15 was pushed down to, "13? 14?" and when I told them I was 19, I got a "WOW!" I wasn't sure whether to be happy or offended. 0.o I think even with makeup I still look pretty young. I think it makes me look young, still, but in a more refined and glowy type of way. I don't think I look that young, though. That's not how young I look when I look in the mirror. I see a 40 year old, lol! But maybe @40 I can only wish and hope that I'll still look like this. *Crosses fingers* :D

A light application and combination of eye liner and dark eye shadow is my simple but effective go-to. I've found that subtler touches are preferable for improving general attractiveness and, in my case, accentuating the eyes. Honestly - I find that a lot of people fall into the trap of applying too many cosmetics or too much of any one and end up looking gross.

Back