Mood Swings

Sexy Beast

A beast into the jungle of life
Veteran
Gil
I know we all get them, and it's a normal thing with us humans, but how often do you get them? and if so often, do they affect your daily performance?

for me, I get them almost every day, and depending on how bad they are, they can make me either very energetic and happy or they can make me all gloomy with no energy at all. It just depends on what the situation I am in or am not in, and what my reaction and state of mind is accordingly.

Meh. My mood actually swings pretty heavily, but I try hard to keep it in check. I used to be much more mellow a few years back but something has me awfully high strung since about two years ago. I guess when my family really got hit by the recession kinda killed my overall attitude. Anyways, I try hard to be patient a lot but sometimes something just hit me just the right way to send me mood swinging like a wrecking ball, ready to rip heads off. It gets the better of me more than it should, despite my continuing efforts.

Also:

Ugh I get them really bad.

One minute I'm cruising through the day with no problems and then one little stupid thing can put me in a horrible mood. <_<

I am shitty for the rest of the day and I am just short with everyone around me.

It is annoying because I don't want to come across as a mean person, but I have a stressful job and anything can set me off. :gasp:

I dont get them often at all, rarely ever. Years back when i was a teenager i was your fairly typical one and my mood swings happened often. My lifestyle back then didnt help my moods either but nowadays im a far more laid back and...dare i say, mature person than i was? I dont get angry at the drop of a penny now and i dont sulk.
Ive came to understand that things just happen. When you get annoyed it just makes it even more difficult andd you just get yourself wound up. Take a deep breath have a cigarette and get on with it.

pretty much daily for me lol, some days are worse than others, especially a day or 2 before my period im just really snappy and short tempered. it doesnt take much for me to go from pleasantly minding my own business, to raging haha

on the other side of it though, i can get more hyperactive than a toddler on smarties... im not sure which is worse for people in my immediate vicinity

I get mood swings frequently, some times I get them every few hours. My doctor thinks I have Bipolar because of it... which is interesting, haha, as I never would of thought it myself... but others around me feel it too, so I guess I must be somehow in some form. Not self-diagnosing anything though. :)

I don't really get mood swings...well, I have periods of moderate contentment and complete worthlessness (the latter more than the former) but they're not really daily things; these periods normally last for a few days, maybe a week, and then I'll go back to my default state for a bit, before the next thing comes around. It isn't very often that I'll change mood in the middle of the day for seemingly no reason whatsoever and, whilst it isn't always for any real reason I can identify, it sticks for a while.

Feeling worthless affects my ability to interact with people quite badly at times though - I either get extremely bitchy after about five minutes for no reason, or I just stop talking entirely, which is just awkward - so I tend to just avoid conversation when I'm feeling like that. Nobody gives a shit if I'm upset anyway, and it's not like I won't get over it eventually :lew:

All things considered, I'm fairly consistent in my moods most of the time. I was a walking hormone bomb in my late teens, but I've since mellowed out a bit, despite the fact I'm prone to random explosive outbursts online. I just enjoy typing out rants. I don't pay much attention to my feelings anyway. xD

I don't really get mood swings... I did at Uni, but I think that was due to the Evra Patch. I'd be fine one minute, crying the next, then laughing at how ridiculous my tears were because I felt upset about nothing, but even behind the laughter I felt depressed...

My mood can change at the drop of a hat, but only when my mum does something to irritate me. She likes to tell me that I'm the msot self-centred human being when I accidentally wake her up at night or take the wrong tea, likes to treat me like I'm anorexic when I feel like eating fish and veg without carbs for dinner due to eating a lot of during the day, and always brings her stress from work home. Occasionally, my dad manages to irritate me, but I my mood doesn't really change for long... I just tell him off and move on. :lew:

I used to be a very moody person but over the last year I have really chilled out a lot. I still get grumpy or sulky sometimes but I don't really let the mood last, I might sulk for 10 minutes and then just get over it. There's not much point in being grumpy over something for too long because it's just a waste of your time. And things are only shit if you let them. You can either grump over something or you can get over it and fix it up with a better attitude.

I think I'm fairly typical, considering I do get those teenage mood swings a lot, but I don't have them so much it really makes an impact on my life. Sometimes without meaning to, I'll insult my family and friends, but they luckily are sweet enough to understand how moody I can get, especially during that one week of the month. xD

depends how extreme the mood swings are, if you go from an euphroic state to a depressive one relatively quick then you could have a condition known as bipolar, if it is just general mood swings then try and reflect on the cause, think about why you maybe feel the way you do and what you can do to alleviate the symptoms.

I do not have mood swings, this is because I am always in a bad mood.
This is very good because it means I am always the same and I never get annoyed or upset. It does make me a bit of a cunt, but then again, I have always been a bit of a cunt.

When the pms sets in then I can be a complete bitch and kind as a lamb the next moment. Generally mood swings aren't something I'm bothered by though. Right now I go through a phase where I am a bit overwhelmed and anxious about stuff, so I'm nearly always in the same mood.

Ohh yes. I get them all day erryday. I'm gonna say it's because I'm 15. I'm going through the final stages before I get kick out the house. My mood swings are very unpredictible. I can be sad, happy, angry, hungry, etc all in one day. Like yesterday, I had all of those moods. My parents don't understand the teenage mood swings though, so they'll probably send me to more counseling soon. :hmmm:

I don't get them often, but I remember a few years ago it was pretty bad and lasted for about six months. I won't go there, but yeah...that was fairly unusual of me.

Lately it's been ups and downs though. But I try not to let it get to me if I can help it. When I do get them, I'm normally quiet and will keep my thoughts to myself, dealing with any anger issues in private. This drives my husband nuts because I can actually go weeks without phrasing a single sentence to him even if he asks 'what's wrong?' So I'd like to think I'm pretty mellow and contained with my mood swings. I might be a bit more irritable than usual and it may show, but I don't do the whole "I'm gonna explode" thing. Just not me.

I do get stressed easily and on a daily basis from what it seems like. From there it's just a matter of carefully choosing the right kind of attitude and reaction, because what we say or do can have detrimental effect on others in the long-run. So I try to keep that mindset in check. Sometimes I might slip, but I'm pretty good at recovering quickly from it.

I think everyone has these once in a while.

You could just be having an irritable day where everything is too much. I'm usually really upfront if there's something annoying me, and I'll definitely include I just have 'one of those days' if it's because of feeling "mood swingy". I'm pretty capable of voicing out how I feel, I think I do know when to shut up (for myself). I don't see any point in bottling things up with the people you care about as it's not fair to them, and I believe you're not being honest to your emotions and feelings if you do.

For me, I think it's perfectly fine to have an emotional day, what's important is that it's dealt with, not hidden away and ignored by yourself. This is something I learned as it's much easier for me to move on from things than it was a few years ago.

I'm pretty damned sure that I have a hormonal in-balance or something... maybe it's the birth control I'm taking but I have really bad mood swings. Especially because I stress out easily and i'm paranoid anything can set me off.

For some reason I hardly get sad, but I can get happy or angry really quickly. Sometimes i feel its my environment, and then I just gotta get out of here and blow steam off at the gym.

Right now i'm very stressed out so you can say my risk factor is high for mood swings :wacky:

LOL sometimes i wish i was easy-going and stress free but my mind won't let me sleep.

You can't see it through my post.. luckily no one here has seen my mood swings in action. :lew:

Back