Zack or Cloud

Dualcast

Gil
Ok so I just beat Crisis Core again, and those of you who haven't played it should. Anyway, point is, who do you think was an all around better/cooler character? Zack or Cloud. I say Zack personally; he was just more heroic even if he got beatdown by Sephiroth.

I lean more towards Zack personally. While I didn't play Crisis Core on account of no PSP I did watch all of the FMVs and such on YouTube and I just find him more fun to watch than Cloud was. I didn't really care too much for Cloud's direction in the story after the original game.

I ♥ them both :O

Well, which Cloud :ahmed:

I say that Zack is the perfect upbeat and cheerful hero, while Cloud is the perfect serious and quiet hero. Cloud is more of a code hero, (not showing his emotions) while Zack is more of a superhero (dropping in to save the day, trying to save anyone and everyone, can be quite reckless). It's hard to say one is better than the other, because they are both so diferent.

And I'm talking about the OG FF7 for Cloud.

Yay for Zack and Cloud :yay:

If I were Aerith, I would soo pick Zack, he's more upbeat, and I just love his morals and personality right up until the end of Crisis Core, plus I think his voice is pretty cool too, just love everything about him! :inlove:

it's really not much of a comparison if you go off of crisis core. in crisis core cloud is more of a background main character if that makes any sense, where as for 7 and advent children zack plays a very background role. and in both of of the time lines there they are both different people.there's really no comparing the two of them.

I would have to say both of them are good characters, If it were crisis core I would say Zack because Zack is more heroic in it and it makes Zack look way cooler. If it were FFVII I would say cloud because he is all mysterious and it dose'nt show Zack much.

i choose zack ofc..till the end..he was the best...while cloud...i just don't get him well...i saw a pic saying "cloud's mind is a scary place" lol...i agree with it XD

I say Cloud. People like Zack for the same reason they Hate Snow from XIII, Zack keeps talking about "being the hero" over and over, and wanting someone else to live "his legacy" Is kinda just annoying to me.

Now Cloud isn't Mr. Perfect, but he lost lots of things been experimented on, while in a coma or in the experiment He had Zack filling is brain up with being "just like him, his living legacy" crap that screwed him up.

Zack has a more interesting personality overall. I prefer more upbeat heroes, and after Final Fantasy VII, Cloud became as dour as a man can possibly get.

That said, I prefer Cloud's story over Zack's. The psychological impact of mind-messing on his character unfolds in a cooler fashion than Zack's more straightforward tale of heroism and escape from the bad guys and such.

(That said, Zack holding off the hordes of Shinra soldiers at the end of Crisis Core was a damn fine moment in FF history.)

personally i choose zack

he is just more than cloud..
his destiny and the sword is from one of the three..
juz...sword from the legend...
cloud is just an ordinary soldier..

i guess....

I say Zack. Cloud's a mopey bum that expects his friends to baby sit him. And not to mention he is useless in FF Tactics. Peep my avy, it shows Cloud performing one of his amazing limit breaks
34145285.png

I would say Cloud. He develops a lot more over the course of the game than Zack did in my opinion. He overcomes an identity crisis, and confronts the fact that he wasnt who he thought he was. Also, he manages to defeat sephiroth when he was impaled with his sword, if I remember correctly. So in my mind Cloud has overcome more than Zack did, which in my mind makes him more heroic.

Zack. He's confident, he's suave, he's funny, and just all around the attractive, likeable hero that we all know and love. Cloud is all right, and I respect him, but I prefer Zack, which is why Zaerith is my preferred couple (Yes, yes...I know Aerith truly loves Cloud NOW and more so than she did Zack. Trust me, I'm active in all of this). I like Clerith, I respect it, but prefer Zaerith and Zack more. Cloud just wasn't as likeable to me. Yeah, he grows more as a character and actually lives, but I just really like the demeanor that Zack had and that he kept throughout Crisis Core.

Zack, hands down. I fell in love with him after playing Crisis Core. Even though Cloud is very, very well done. (Ignoring the abysmal character destorying Advent Children abortion of a movie)

I'd say Cloud. Character-wise, he has so much more depth in FFVII than Zack did in Crisis Core. Yeah, Cloud isn't the perfect hero and he has a lot of weaknesses which were exploited throughout the course of the game. Did he sit in the corner and cry? No, the guy got back up and threw himself back into the fight. He's never had the exterior hoo-rah attitude that Zack championed in the compilation, but Cloud's resolve to help others has never been questionable. Let's take a look at his worst moment: he was pretty emo in Advent Children and gave up on life. Despite pushing everyone away, he still chose to travel to the Forgotten Capital to save the orphans (and got his butt whooped for it).

I'm saying that Zack isn't any of these things. Both characters are heroic in their own right and they both have a sense of right and wrong. Both characters have had their moments of displaying mind-blowing willpower in the face of impossible odds. The reason why I'm not picking Zack is because he is immediately definable as soon as you begin playing Crisis Core. The Zack we see dying in Cloud's arms is the same one we see training with Angeal at the beginning of the game. Cloud engages in one of the franchise's most dramatic metamorphoses in one game alone. It's even more of a roller coaster if you look at him from his childhood to his most up-to-date portrayal in Dirge of Cerberus.

To sum it up, I pick Cloud because I admire what he's done thus far. I like that he's managed to overcome every possible physical, emotional, and mental obstacle that was thrown in his way. I especially like that he also grew in character in the face of such adversity.

Now, on an unrelated note, I find much irony in their relationships with women. Zack is an extroverted flirt, but he manages to single out just one girl. Cloud is quite the opposite being an unsociable introvert, and yet, he still gets tangled up in FF's most infamous love triangle. :confused:

Clearly, all those saying Zack have only played CC. Unfortunate. :humph:

Jokes aside, Cloud Strife for me. Not only do I rate him higher than Zack, but above every other FF character aswell. Tidus coming a close second.

I'd say Cloud. Character-wise, he has so much more depth in FFVII than Zack did in Crisis Core. Yeah, Cloud isn't the perfect hero and he has a lot of weaknesses which were exploited throughout the course of the game. Did he sit in the corner and cry? No, the guy got back up and threw himself back into the fight. He's never had the exterior hoo-rah attitude that Zack championed in the compilation, but Cloud's resolve to help others has never been questionable. Let's take a look at his worst moment: he was pretty emo in Advent Children and gave up on life. Despite pushing everyone away, he still chose to travel to the Forgotten Capital to save the orphans (and got his butt whooped for it).

I'm saying that Zack isn't any of these things. Both characters are heroic in their own right and they both have a sense of right and wrong. Both characters have had their moments of displaying mind-blowing willpower in the face of impossible odds. The reason why I'm not picking Zack is because he is immediately definable as soon as you begin playing Crisis Core. The Zack we see dying in Cloud's arms is the same one we see training with Angeal at the beginning of the game. Cloud engages in one of the franchise's most dramatic metamorphoses in one game alone. It's even more of a roller coaster if you look at him from his childhood to his most up-to-date portrayal in Dirge of Cerberus.

To sum it up, I pick Cloud because I admire what he's done thus far. I like that he's managed to overcome every possible physical, emotional, and mental obstacle that was thrown in his way. I especially like that he also grew in character in the face of such adversity.

Now, on an unrelated note, I find much irony in their relationships with women. Zack is an extroverted flirt, but he manages to single out just one girl. Cloud is quite the opposite being an unsociable introvert, and yet, he still gets tangled up in FF's most infamous love triangle. :confused:
I disagree with this post about Zack. The Zack that you see dying at the end is actually a much older and more mature version that was displayed from the beginning. The reason his core character didn't change as much as Cloud's is because of how, strong it was.

In fact, that's one of the reasons he got into SOLDIER in the first place! Zack very much has a concrete sense of who he is and what he wants out of life. It was so strong in fact, that it had a profound effect on Cloud, who idolized his friend to the point that he had to emulate him to retain his sanity after the Nibelhiem incident. There's also the fact that more of Cloud's life has been displayed than Zack's who only had his adulthood and already established personality portrayed to the players.

That doesn't make Cloud any less of a hero or a character however, I'm only pointing out a few things to draw a stark contrast between the two.

Exactly, Zack was that good to begin with. I mean, he improved enough to get from 2nd class to 1st class (well, the disappearing duo helped his promotion). Overall, though, the Zack we see at the end of his life is pretty much equivalent to the one at the start. The only thing he "grew" in was his relationship with some people as well as his physical age (5 years). Personality? Same as before. Call it maturity if you'd like, but he acts exactly the same. Zack would've sacrificed himself for Cloud 5 years earlier because that's his nature. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but compared to Cloud there is very, very, very minimal development with Zack.

Obviously, you and other Zack fans are going to disagree with me. It's just how I feel, and no matter how many times I play the game that's how I'll always see Zack.

Zack had a Girlfriend that would send him 88 notes over 4 years

Zack grew through the ranks of SOLIDER in under a year and became first class

Zack had the resolve to keep going even when things were at there worst he never gave up

Zack dragged his half dead friend half way across the world

Zack became a hero

Cloud needs half the world a dog and a robotic cat to save the world

Cloud was so crazy a woman had to travel into his head to fix him....

i choose Zack

Having recently played through 12 or so hours of Crises Core, I am able to answer this question. :ryan:

I personally prefer Zack. He is more enthusiastic and passionate than Cloud in VII, who by VII has become very reserved, if not a little lifeless.

Zack's character feels extremely human. He is zealous, cocky and loyal. His love for Angeal seems pure, though at times a dependence on his friends and recklessness reveals a childish streak. His attitude to Aerith is fairly human; he's far from the perfect image of a boyfriend. He makes a promise, gets distracted by personal circumstances, and neglects her for a time before finally returning. In certain encounters, he hides his feelings behind bravado, whilst in others, he speaks openly. At least once, he even cries.

Cloud, by contrast, seems more one dimensional... I'll admit I can't remember a lot about him... I have not yet felt entirely convinced that he loves Aerith or Tifa. He distances himself, and thus far has not been given as good a reason as Squall had in VIII. I do have more to discover about Cloud, mind, and I have enjoyed meeting him in Crises Core.

Back