Rules of your Room

Yaoi Master Gavin

Gay Cheshire Catboy
Veteran
Gil
Anyone who's had siblings or a roommate knows what I'm talking about. Simple rules about your room. Like knock before entering or no pets. So what rules do you keep in your room?

My rules:

No pets - they shed and more than likely its the dog who has the chance to do it and he's usually been outside and chances are he found something to roll in.

The fan stays on - The air doesn't circulate well, if at all, in my room so this keep it moving and also keeps me cool. Corollary: it may go off when I'm not in the room for an extended period.

No smoking - I'm not against you smoking in itself, but not around my books. I've found ashes in strange places from people careless flicking their smokes and that's an invitation to start a fire in a dry place like my room.

Don't sit on the bed - No telling where your arse has been today. I know where mine has. That and the edge of the box spring is shit.

No children - I cannot stand most children. Keep them out of my room.

Don't go on my computer without asking - Who knows what yaoi related things might be on there at any given time.

Clothing is optional - No, its not sex related unless you want it to be. When the air conditioner fucked over this past summer, it got really hot. Logical progression is logical. And I wore clothes outside of my room.

:hmmm: I never had many rules for my room back when living with mum, I don't have many rules for my room in my home now actually.

All I can think of is turn the light off and close the door behind you when leaving :hmmm: but not many people go in my room so... I never really have to enforce that on anyone other than myself.

Heh, I wish I could make rules! My mum makes all the rules in this house, which means she's allowed to use half of my wardrobe to store her clothing, despite having a wardrobe twice the size in her room; she also uses half the wardrobe in the spare room. She always tells me my room is a mess. Well, it wouldn't be if I had that half of my storage space! It would be so clean, and keeping it that way would be so easy! :(

My room isn't a tip, btw. I just often find I have to put clothes and books in a small pile because there's no room in my wardrobe. I don't have an excessive amount of clothes either. -_-

My mum's room, on the other hand, is the cleanest I have ever seen, but she's the only person in the house who's allowed to have her stuff in every single room. :) My dad and I have to keep our things confined.

I will NOT turn into a woman like that! :hmph:

I am thinking I may start preventing the cats from going into my room. When I come in to find them lying on my bed, I can't help but wonder where they've been and where on the bed they've slept... When I'm in my room, they tend not to stay still and want stroking all the time so it's hard to get anything done. :lew: I love my cats, but I love gaming, watching movies and reading occasionally too! >_<

I have only one rule and that is be quiet when I'm sleeping, I mean it's fine for anyone to do what they want just as long as they do it in silence when I'm sleeping otherwise I'll rage hard.

don't touch my eletronics
  • i hate when people think that just because they're a guest that they have any special treatment. :hmph: honestly, i don't like anything being touched ESPECIALLy my electronics. they are very expensive(for me), and if they break it, i will tear open a new one.

do not sit on my bed

• this is another one that bothers me. they have no idea what i do in my bed, as it could have some leftover "material" from some private activities. and to be honest, i just don't like people touching my stuff. there is a perfectly good chair to sit on. :hmph:

no going through my dresser
  • there are some sick-ass people out there. they actually go through other people's dresser and dig thorugh their clothing. i do not enjoy that. i have some of my most private material there, and i would like it you do not go through it. :grin:

leave the fans ON
  • not like that's a hard one to remember. i like to keep my room pretty cold, so if they turn off my fans, they get boot to asses. it's as simple as that. :mokken:

no touchy my speakers or its volume

• simply put: i listen to music at a comfortable volume, and would like it if my guests don't adjust it in any way. :)

I have a few of these, which start at the door.

Knock - I'm heavy on respect and it's very disrespectful to enter before knocking. I always knock before going in and expect the same out of everyone who comes into my room. Chances are that if I'm in my room while there's company, it's usually cause I'm busy or just don't want to speak to you.

Everything has a place - I should add "which is the place is happens to currently be in" as a suffix to this title as it's completely true. I don't mind people coming in and checking things out, lifting them to inspect or even moving it somewhere else to mess with. When you're done with it, though, it needs to return to where you found it. I do not also like things in my room to leave it. I keep things in my room because they are my things, not the households...which is the entire reason I keep them in there. I'm generous with my things usually, you just need to ask first.

Volume (Universal) - As anyone to be in my room before knows, I'm very OCD about how things are kept. Everything has a home, style, placement etc. My volume is not exception to this rule. The stereo volume must be double the televisions for precise level of "boom" if you will. I also only recognize four levels of volume: 10-20 (late night gaming), 15-30, 20-40 (standard setting) and 30-60.

Well I don't live with anyone but Steve now and we share our room.

We rarely if ever have anyone come over either and when they do, they keep to the other end of the house away from our room.

But, if anyone were to venture into our room the rules would be:

*No smoking. Though we don't allow smoking in the house in general anyway.

*No shoes allowed. This applies to the rest of the house too.

*No sitting on the bed to watch T.V or play a game etc. That's what the lounge room is for. Leave my personal T.V. alone! XD

*No pets, though we only have fish anyway and I doubt anyone would bring over their own animals to wander through our house. No animals are allowed in the house at all, let alone our room.

*Obviously you would knock before entering our room in case I'm getting dressed or something.

*Don't leave the lights on if you're not in the room.

*Don't touch my belongings. It's rude to just start picking up and looking at my jewellery etc etc.

So yeah that's pretty much it. XD

Keep Out.

I really do not like people going into my room, for whatever reason. Not only are they liable to break something, but it's MY SPACE, damnit. I keep things relatively clean, but all the same, I usually leave books open at certain passages, or I put things in a certain place, and I don't like having it moved for whatever reason. Unless they have my explicit permission, I don't want anyone in my room at all, and even then, I'd prefer it if they sat on the chair in the corner of the room and stayed there, not touching anything at all. I misplace things a lot because people are constantly moving them from where I put them, and my room is the one place where I can ensure that this doesn't happen. Keep the fuck outta my room :mokken:

+ Put it back where you found it - Yessir, I am pleased to see that you find my little jade pagoda statue on the shelf so fascinating. It's certainly not something you often find in a teenage girl's bedroom, mmmyes, but AAARRRRGHHH!!! Don't leave it on the desk or the bed! You're not handling some unwanted junk, you know! It's my personal belongings you're touching with your grimy little fingers here, so the very least you can do is return my belongings to their original positions. Be fortunate I am even letting you touch them!

+ Knock - It's a simple concept. You are entering someone's private space, so therefore you knock. It's polite and doesn't cost you anything. It's irritating whenever people decide to just barge in instead, especially if I'm not ready yet to answer. I may even tell you to get the hell out and try again.

+ Are you covered in mud or anything remotely disgusting? Get the hell out! - I'm a little OCD about hygiene, particularly in my room, so the last thing I want is to see someone enter with mud all over his face and hands, and perhaps leaving behind on the floor twigs and leaves. Leave behind dirty prints in my room and I will personally hang you.

+ No food...or drinks - Don't eat your Pringles in here. Go eat it elsewhere. I don't want your prawn crackers flavoured crumbs by my bed. Likewise, I don't want cans of your Stella Artois left behind - or even a single drop.

+ Don't jump around like some lunatic - If you want to jump around like some kind of lunatic on day release from an asylum, do it outside or something. Don't do it in here, as my room is on the first floor, and the floor itself isn't exactly super stable!

I only have two rules for my since I've been living with my flatmates now for nearly a year and a half and they're practically a 'second rule'. The first rule is of my room is that you do not talk about my room... no all seriousness there are two rules...

1) No one other than me and the girl of my choosing has sex on my bed. This sounds like a really weird rule but one of my flatmates gets really 'kinky' and we're sure that last year this person had sex on someone else's bed in our flat. Vile.

2) Do not take food into my room that stinks. Literally, anything remotely related to fish, curry, chinese and the likes. I don't mind anything that doesn't stink since if it's messy I'll just hoover it up, I've got no problems with that. The smell however takes DAYS to get rid of.

The only rule which i think i should implement is. Keep jim out.

Seriously everytime he comes over he breaks something or he spills his drink everywhere, his chinese food falls all over the floor. EVERY SINGLE TIME hes here he ruins soemthing :rage:

i didnt ruin anything the last time i was round :sad3:

i did nearly bash your cpx tho :hmmm:

im just a destructive cunt :sad3:

my room is a matchbox so i dont really have any rules. when i move out and live in a mansion my room will be like a panic room and all the other rooms will be full of musical instruments.

Rules for my room applies the same to the whole apartment.

-No shoes. It irks me whenever my father-in-law and his wife comes over and keeps forgetting about taking off their shoes. They have three dogs (one of them is ours) in their backyard and they don't exactly keep the place clean. Not to mention that their front yard is home to 10-15 stray cats. There's cat poop everywhere, and I don't want their shoes in my home. I'd always have to mop the kitchen floor right after they visit...

-No smoking. Fortunately, my husband is no smoker (or drinker) so this is not a problem.

-Ask permission to use the computer/laptop. Y'know, in case something breaks. That and I'm very paranoid about sites that my mom and sister-in-law visits since they don't exactly pay attention and would just click whatever. Especially my mom. "Look, it says free money! Click here." About two weeks ago my PC in the living room broke. Well. It still turns on, but everything is wiped out. Not a single program installed, and it won't load Windows properly because a bunch of boxes keeps popping up. Something about hard drive disk. I don't know if she did something, but I suspect it's her. Whatever though, I'll have my friend fix it soon. It's a good thing we don't keep important stuff in there...but it does suck that all the files/programs are now gone.

There's other little things. A lot of it applies to my mom, now that I think about it. And most of the time, I'll make up a rule on the spot whenever I see her doing something ridiculous.

Rules of my room? Huh, I never thought of them but I cna sure as hell name them right away:

• No children: Sorry but no, there's a lot of things they'll wanna touch I am sure and some of them consist of weapons and my action figured. I like those in place and they stay in place.
  • Don't sleep on my bed: I don't mind you sitting on my bed, but you're not gonna sleep in it. I hate that; it's my bed I sleep on it not you; but don't put your feet on it.
  • No smoking: I like my room smelling of...not smoke; isn't it great?
  • No sitting on my black chair: There's this really comfy black chair that I adore, I use it to play video games and watch TV and you're not allowed to sit on it if you're heaver than 160lbs. However, even when you're not that heavy...I'd rather you sit on the computer chair; it's comfy, too, but not as comfy as the black chair.
  • The Golden Wii Mote shall not be touched: Came with Skyward Sword and it's for me only. Mine! Mine! Get away, losers!
  • Don't download anything into my computer: If a virus comes with it, you're gonna be banned form ever using my computer, that's all.
  • Your jackets and shoes stay downstairs: I hate that kinda stuff in my room, specially since it's not mine. I hate crowds in my room.
  • DO NOT TOUCH THE COSPLAY COSTUMES OR PROPS!: I spent a lot of time making these things for you to come and touch them all willy nilly and ruin them. I will be very pissed at you. If you wanna see something, then ask me and I will gladly tell you how to handle it; but touching it on your own is an automatic kick out.
I think that's about it.

Apparently I'm not a complete freak like the rest of you, I do not have any rules really. People aren't in my room that often, why would they be? My mam occasionally pops her head around the door, but I'm too busy wanking to notice. I guess I wouldn't let people eat their dinner in there, because something will always spill

I'm very strict when it comes to my room.

Nobody under the age of 10 is allowed in.

Nobody touches my DVDs or games except me. I have a particular way that I handle these items, there's no need for anybody to come and screw it up.

No eating allowed. You'll just leave crumbs and stuff everywhere.

My AC stays on at all times. I don't care if you're shivering cold. It gets too hot in here too quick.

Nobody goes on my bed except me. You'll mess up my sheet, which is a pain in the arse to fix. You're allowed to sit in the big chair though.

However many people can fit on the chair is the max number of people allowed in my room. If only one person fits, only one person can stay.

Wow haha reading back on this thread was pretty sad.
You all run a bloody nazi boot camp in your rooms!

My mum makes all the rules in this house, which means she's allowed to use half of my wardrobe to store her clothing, despite having a wardrobe twice the size in her room; she also uses half the wardrobe in the spare room. She always tells me my room is a mess. Well, it wouldn't be if I had that half of my storage space! It would be so clean, and keeping it that way would be so easy! :(

My dad's suits take up 1/4 of my closet because my mom takes up almost all the closet space in their room. :lew:

My only rule would be no shoes inside. I walk around barefoot so I don't like it when my floor is dirty. When my friends come over, they know this. However, my sister does not understand this rule. She'll just come and go as she pleases leaving the dirt she has accumulated throughout the day on my floor. :hmph:

I can't set a 'no eating' rule because I can't follow it myself. :wacky:

No children. thats it really. its the one room thats away from being parents thats just 'ours' so i dont let the kids in :lew:

Back