Where would you live?

If you're posting in here, try and at least come up with some reasons for why you want to live in these places rather than just listing them. And don't forget that this is a FF8 thread, so anything in Spira for example would go in a similar thread in the FF10 section. xD

If you're posting in here, try and at least come up with some reasons for why you want to live in these places rather than just listing them. And don't forget that this is a FF8 thread, so anything in Spira for example would go in a similar thread in the FF10 section. xD

Okay, well. I'd love to live in Esthar because it's so clean and shiny and peaceful and there would be heaps to do in a place as big as that. Plus they've got all the technology ^_^

Xx..xX

Salt Flats there's just something appealing about it

maybes its the remoteness and lake that does it for me.

Balamb, the town not the Garden :P. I love the oceanside feel of it, plus I liked the music played there (though I liked FH's better xD). Oh and I'd be able to stalk Zell @___@.

hmm~ I'd like to live in Balamb Garden, tee-hee :P
well, being the student there and train to be a SEED, that'd be awesome :x3:
I love academy environment as Balamb Garden ^^

Deiling City. I think it would be cool to live there and also ride the buses to various spots. They have gatherings there and the only city that has an arcade.

Okay, well. I'd love to live in Esthar because it's so clean and shiny and peaceful and there would be heaps to do in a place as big as that. Plus they've got all the technology ^_^

Xx..xX

So it's not the fact Esthar has a big shopping center, eh? :whistle2::P

Mines would have to be either Balamb Garden or Winhill.

Balamb - since it's huge and packed with life and things to do, from joining SeeD to being chased by the ocassional T-Rexaur, to owning folks at cards shuffle or boogie style! :ryan:

The setting itself is just too awesome. If all schools were like Balamb Garden no one would want to leave. Peroid. ^_^

Winhill - the idea of a quaint little village like Winhill appeals to me greatly. A peaceful and relaxing place to live by all means. Reminds me alot of Nibelheim and Dali.

Sector 5 Slums, Midgar, particularly in Aerith's house. Come on, that house is pretty big for a house in the Slums (Not meant rudely), and there are flowers everywhere, a crystal blue river, and well...Aerith lives there, so why the heck not?

Sector 5 Slums, Midgar, particularly in Aerith's house. Come on, that house is pretty big for a house in the Slums (Not meant rudely), and there are flowers everywhere, a crystal blue river, and well...Aerith lives there, so why the heck not?

That's fair enough, not sure where that location is in FFVIII though!

I'm gonna go a different route and say I would like to live at Edea's house. I love the aesthetic appeal of the place, and who can beat living right next to the beach, and with a lighthouse!? Killer awesome. There's a beautiful flower field right outside.. can't beat it. I grew up really poor so I don't really mind if the place is run-down cuz I would still keep it clean, or I could even do the place up and make it nice. We could totally set off fireworks on the beach just like the kids did!

FFVII =/= FFVIII

Bwahahaha! /facepalm

Wow, I really need to check the name of the forum before posting, huh (or the OP a little more carefully). Figured it meant in FF in general!

To stay on the real topic, in Final Fantasy VIII, as a student, I would simply just stay at Balamb Garden all the time, learning magic, become a SeeD...sexy.

Probably Balamb or Winhill, I'd say. The towns are beautiful, peaceful, and the people seem to care about each other. Balamb Garden is near Balamb, while Winhill has more open space and nature. Balamb significantly has train access to Timber, Dollet, and Deling, should I want to take a day's trip to a bigger cultural city.

Runner-up would be Trabia Garden, before it was hit. Winter is my favorite season and it seems like a very intimate place.

Deling city. Arcades and busses you know.

For me, Esthar. Though I'd like to see the shumi village in person, I don't think they'd appreciate me living there, so Esthar, since it's my second choice. The technology and such.

Either Balamb Garden or Winhill. I really like how they designed Balamb Garden and how they present it in the game. And Winhill would be where I would settle down after all the Garden antics. ^.^

Back