Where would you live?

I would probably choose to live in Balamb. That being said, this thread has really made me realize how little I like the of the towns in FF8. I suppose the realism of FF8 just makes the towns so much less appealing than, say, Besaid.

I would love to live in Balamb. Being able to wake up every day, walk outside and hear the crashing waves, the sea breeze in a peaceful quit town would be something I would never get tired of.

Esthar, man. Sure, it gets attacked by hordes of monsters, but have you seen that super-futuristic mall? And the transit system? Would never get old.

I wouldn't want to live in Balamb Garden mang, they have like NO hotdogs EVER! That is no bueno~ Soooooooo I'd pick Fisherman's Horizon if they played that lovely music, plus fishing is fun!

I'd probably like to do a Zell and live in Balamb Town whilst studying at Balamb Garden to become a SeeD and travel the world. If only real life was like FF :P I'd be running across fields with a gunblade levelling up...instead of serving customers at a till -_-

I'd like to live in the desert prison and be served all the time. Could just sleep all day...would be bliss! :p

Honestly though, Winhill does seem like the perfect place...but only if I could get to leave the village now and again. The people who live there in ff8 seem to never leave, going by the conversations you can have with them.

Maybe if I had my own personal helicopter/chocobo, then I'd love to live in a quiet, rural village such as Winhill :)

No brainer for me - it would have to be Balamb. Although, I highly doubt they have that awesome music playing whilst I'm walking around...

Personally, I wouldn't fancy Esthar. I hate their dress sense.

Winhill for its quaint, quiet sort of beauty.

(but really, if we go by ALL FFs and not just FF8... I'd also love to live in Burmecia from FF9. It was lovely... also, the idea of eternal rain is appealing. :))

why esthar of course, where else do you get elnoyles for farming energy crystals and where else do you get to see cloud own an item shop where you can buy not expensive AP ammo!?!?!?!?! not to mention all the people are nice and you have to know encounter-none to survive ^^

Hmm...this is hard! Like someone said above, the realism of FFVIII makes the towns in the world less desirable. But saying that, I would really love to live in Balamb Garden.

Being able to train whenever you like, with the infirmary so close by. Beating the crap out of T Rex's everyday! Then you've also got so much going on, the Quad, the band practices, the awesome hoverboards! The SeeD missions. Also attending lectures, you can learn a hell of a lot. But the most amazing would be the balconies! Imagine waking up each morning, then stepping out to see the world from waaaaaay up high :D

Balamb Garden sure isnt a bad place to live :)

It'd be nice to live in Balamb Garden/Balamb or Esthar. Quite surprised that no one has mentioned Ultimecia's Castle :tehe:

I would want to live at Balamb Garden, I love the whole environment and just everything about Balamb Garden, and all of the other Gardens as well. Plus I would love to be in training to become a SeeD.

if i lived in FFVIII, i would love to grow up in Deling City, and transfer to a Garden. I prefer Balamb, because it would be neat to hang out with Squall, Zell, Selphie,etc. and then move to Esthar, because i love how big it is and the futuristic feel to it. i just dislike the fashion haha.

I think I'd like to train in Balamb Garden than move to Esthar. (Esthar is the really advanced part of FF8, right? I haven't played through FF8 in about 4 years lol, sorry). Zell's town was actually kind of nice too.

Deling City- I find this place to be very interesting. It's a large city filled with lights. It has transportation, festival events for entertainment, different shopping stores, hotels and many other things. Also the structure of the gates looks amazing. Who wouldn't want to live in a place like that?

I'd live in Balamb Garden. I love it's design and I absolutely LOVE its theme song. Seeing Quistis every morning for class? :inlove:

Esthar, because it has that awesome futuristic vibe. Although, I imagine the cost of living there is insane... but a guy can dream. Haha.

Runner-up would be Deling City. It has a comfortable urban feel to it.

Back