Final Fantasy VII Questionnaire

montezuma81

Gil
Hi Everybody
I think FFVII is the best FF ever made;

I am doing personal research on this amazing game and I wanted to ask a few questions to fans of the game like me;

right now I got only 3 questions:

1. What's the first thing that comes to mind in the game, when you think of Final Fantasy VII? (You can also write 3 things, from the most important to you) NOT REVIEW, but only "materials" things of the game..like characters, objects,enemies, etc.

2. What's the most important part of the story and why?

3. What is the character that you feel more useless? namely that even if there was not anyone would notice.

Thanks in advance to all!!!!

1: I think of mako and blue, cloud and sephiroth, two massive swords and the goofy graphics. Oh, and pure brilliance.

2: Most important was probably Cloud's story itself, and his relation to Sephiroth so that players wish to dig up more info and solve the mystery of why Sephiroth turned from a heartthrob hero to an insane bitch-killer. Yep, then the dreadnought of that massive meteor.

3: I dunno, they're all pretty unique and memorable, but if one had to be said, then I would go for Cait Sith's master, or the president of Shinra?

1. What's the first thing that comes to mind in the game, when you think of Final Fantasy VII?
Right now? Final Fantasy XIII.

When Sephiroth kills Aerith, because it's the only part of the game where FFVII actually HAS a story. I mean, what else is there about this game that is worth remembering? Cloud's personality? Sephiroth's fully developed character and justification for being a villain? JENOVA?

3. What is the character that you feel more useless?
Pretty much all of them asides Cloud, Sephiroth and Aerith, and Aerith only because she gives Sephiroth something to do, thereby making him badass. Because, of course, killing a defenceless flower girl on her knees from behind is a totally manly, badass thing to do. It's not like FF villains before Sephiroth accomplished anything of merit after all, like destroying the entire planet and ascending to become a deity...

1. What's the first thing that comes to mind in the game, when you think of Final Fantasy VII? The women.

2. What's the most important part of the story and why? Shinra Inc. Because without Shinra the planet wouldn't be in the state it's in, there would be no Sephiroth, no SOLDIER, no experiments and many of the events leading up to Final Fantasy VII would have never happened. So yeah, Shinra.

3. What is the character that you feel more useless? I have a vague recollection of everything that happened in the game so I can't really give a good answer to this. If I had to off the top of my head... eeh... Jenova seems pretty useless considering all the times she's mentioned. Didn't make much of a boss fight either. But again, been a while since I played.

1. What's the first thing that comes to mind in the game, when you think of Final Fantasy VII?
One of the best gaming experiences of all time for me.

I'm gonna boil it down to what happend in Nibelheim, because for me, thats was pure crazy and evil. It really made me see how Cloud saw Sephiroth.

Cait Sith and Cid, on my first playthrough i used them as little as possible....I learned my lesson the second time around haha.

Last edited:
The Best game ever made. Pure brilliance.

The relationship between Cloud and Sephiroth. Everything else, kind of comes a long for the ride. Zacks relationship with Cloud falls in there, as well.

Cait Sith. By no means useless, just not quite as powerful as the other characters. My opinion, of course. :)

1. What's the first thing that comes to mind in the game, when you think of Final Fantasy VII? (You can also write 3 things, from the most important to you) NOT REVIEW, but only "materials" things of the game..like characters, objects,enemies, etc.

Cloud/Sephiroth
Materia
Summons

I think its when Cloud and Tifa are in the lifestream figuring out about Clouds past.

3. What is the character that you feel more useless? namely that even if there was not anyone would notice.

Caitsith/ Besides being a spy I NEVER EVER used him or even thought about him.

1. Mako, Lifestream and Block-like hands
2. N/A - 10 years later and they're still telling the story. I'll let you know once it's complete
3. The 'Re... Un... Ion' guys...

1. What's the first thing that comes to mind in the game, when you think of Final Fantasy VII?.

Cloud/Sephiroth, the ending scene in it's pure awesomeness, materia

The part that shows Sephiroth learning about his origins and becoming evil.

Cait Sith.

Materia, Mako reactors and, for some reason, "You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet".

Hmmm... Aerith's death, because without that happening, the story couldn't have progressed like it did, even if the game seemingly forgot about her mostly after it happened. Or the Nibelheim flashbacks, because it helped shape Sephiroth as a character. Or when Cloud remembers his past with Tifa.

Yuffie or Vincent. This is only assuming we're discussing the original game... they were added bonus characters who didn't really add much to the main storyline. Cait Sith had at least some relevance to the plot, what with the whole allowing-his-body-to-be-crushed-by-the-temple thing.

Most overrated Final Fantasy ever

Jenova... without Jenova Sephiroth wouldn't be made..cloud wouldn't of gone crazy.... basically no story...

Yuffie... Steals your damn materia and you have to hunting her down... :rage:

One of the most known games in history.

Aerith/ Aeris because she's the one that saved the planet and was willing to give up her own life so others could live on the planet longer. If it wasn't for her, Cloud and the other heroes would of failed and everybody would be dead.

Cait Sith. He's just there to be a giant pain in the ass.

First thing that comes to mind is Cloud facing the Shinra building. In other words, I think of the game's cover.

Cloud trying to rebuild his memories because it helps unravels the protagonist as well as the antagonist's history for us.

If we're talking about main party characters, I'd say Cait Sith since he lacks the consistent usability that the others have in combat.

Back