Text or Talk?

I generally prefer text these days. Back when I was in high school though, I was always on the phone with my friends and we'd talk for hours. I think the longest was three hours for me, just idle chatter about random crap. To this day, those few friends are still a part of my life and it'll stay that way even if we don't get to catch up regularly anymore.

One thing I can't stand about texting though... I hate when people 'txt lyk dis'. Seriously, don't even text me, I don't know you. o.o When I was in the Philippines back when I was 18 (gosh I can't believe it's been 10 years now) I got addicted to texting and had some text-mates (old childhood friends), but every single of them typed like that in our language. I couldn't even read it and would constantly ask my mom to read the text for me. It was that bad. When I texted in proper English, they thought I was weird.

Okay, so mini-rant about texting, but yeah, I still prefer text. Especially when you typo or auto-text decides to be smart.

I don't do calls anymore unless it's highly important, I used to like talking on the phone but as time went by that changed quickly. I only text now, I can't see myself ever going back to conversing over the phone like before.

Me I do both. I text alot to my friends and make calls when I miss someone alot like a special person or a girlfriend. People now days prefer to text than to call.

I really really hated talking on the phone when I was younger and then I started having hours long conversations with friends whilst on the phone and got use to it. Even when I text (which I hate with a passion most of the time, it's so impersonal) I typically use text to talk or spend the time typing out full words. Unless I have very little time and need to text really fast I don't use shortened text lingo. I hate when someone won't answer the phone solely because "texting is easier."

I prefer texting personally. The area that I live in has really shitty service so my calls always drop. And I hate when I'm talking on the phone and people say "what? You're breaking up I can't hear you." I always just hang up on em and I'm done :hmph:
Plus with texting it doesn't feel awkward(atleast for me anyways) if there's a silence/pause in the conversation. Nothing makes me feel more uncomfortable than when there is an awkward silence in a conversation. Or if you can't keep a conversation going.

I'm one of those who prefers to text, it's easier to text on the move than try to hold a call while trying to navigate city centres.

Probably text.

Buuuuuut I have a bad habit of thinking about how I might reply to something and then completely forgetting to actually send it. Pretty sure my friends know what to expect these days so they aren't offended, but when dealing with new people it can give the wrong impression and make them upset :|. I do try though!

Honestly... text. There's only like 4-5 people I don't mind talking to on the phone to. And only 2 of them I'd call without thinking about it. And I feel comfortable on the phone with + don't have a problem holding a conversation. I usually have trouble thinking of stuff to say.
So yeah, definitely I prefer texting.

If I don't have to talk to someone on the phone or via a skype call.... then I won't. That kinda thing makes me anxious. I just... I don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable and sweaty.

The written word on the other hand... whether it's texting or chatting via skype or sending PMs on a website, I can communicate my thoughts that way because I'm usually not uncomfortable. I can actually think and actually respond to what's being said to me. If I'm comfortable enough with someone I can handle talking to them in person or on the phone, but even those I'm comfortable with I'm not comfortable on the phone/vid call with them. Something about it just really bothers me for some reason. I've always loved writing and reading though, and text conversations can be held without other people eavesdropping... and I can listen to music or something while communicating that way, instead of just spending my time just talking.

I dunno. I'm weird.

In person I prefer talking to someone, BUT when it comes to the phone, I think I've transitioned over to the texting preference. I know ti may seem anti-social or yada yada whatever, but in the case where you don't have a lot of time, there's a lot to talk about and a conversation that could take a while, texting can cover a lot of ground over a longer period of time. I may be a child of the 80's and 90's, but texting is the thing...can't deny it.

Back