Dirge of Cerberus Dirge of Cerberus: Thoughts on Nero?

Strekks

The VA
Gil
I always liked Nero as an antagonist in Dirge of Cerberus, but throughout communities, they never played the game because of the fact it was a shooter, so they didn't really pass a comment on Nero for they didn't know him. Granted, when they saw his design, they really wanted to check out DoC. But to the point, what's everyone's thoughts on the slightly crazy darkpowerzofdewm antagonist? I found his erratic weirdness quite a relief. He wasn't some over the top screaming clown (though Kefka's awesome) and he wasn't going overly badass, even with terms of casting as a voice. He fit in his game, and if overall, a good character in the FF7 Compilation. Am I wrong?

Oh yea, free video to throw stones at:

He was a creep but I think there is far too much over the top goth design with many game villains (and now heroes, THANKS FOR THAT BULLSHIT CAPCOM). So to be a bit more clear, I didn't mind his creepiness and he blended well into this game, I just think they need to tone that shit down in a lot of games.

i always found Nero intrigiung indeed, and fitted well in DoC's dark atmosphere. It had a really good storyline though Nero always did confuse me with his crazy goal.

His power started at childbirth, and sent his mother to another dimension. So, we could assume that his goal was to be with his brother, as he was literally the last one who connected to him by blood, because it was the only bond he had with anyone, and throughout the game, he was basically serving his brother up until the point where he merged with his brother, possibly so he could be with him "forevz" due to him near death? though I agree, some more light on the issue would've been nice.

He was a creep but I think there is far too much over the top goth design with many game villains (and now heroes, THANKS FOR THAT BULLSHIT CAPCOM). So to be a bit more clear, I didn't mind his creepiness and he blended well into this game, I just think they need to tone that shit down in a lot of games.

Ah yes, it seemed to take over the industry with the wacky designs but I think the tone of DoC allowed Nero to fit right in. It's far apart from the other designs of the FF series, so I don't think they were conforming to the industry *coughs* capcom *coughs* design choices for the sake of "EVIL=GOTH=CREEPY" because the overall character seemed to work?
But I do know something worse. Scene Kid Dante. Not one of the tirade of ranters. It's a weird design, but even worse is the backlash, it's like the revolution of red leather jackets. Now I'm imagining a skin headed Genesis. I shudder.

Back