Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Anyone here a fan of them - perhaps you regularly take one in the mornings to really wake yourself up and feel refreshed? Or can you just not stand the cold water temperature and resort to hot showers every single time instead?

I don't remember the last time I had one seeing as I've never been keen on cold water. Having the shower on full blast with cold water to me is just unpleasant, uncomfortable and I'm always wary of the possibility of catching a cold as a result. However, with my hall of residence having lost its hot water since last night and with no sign of it returning yet, I think I may have to take the plunge and try one out again. I definitely won't be looking forward to it, but that's just me.

I hate cold showers.

Even when it's a stinking hot day I always have hot showers.

I find that they wake me up more than a cold one. >.< Cold ones just make me irritable.

When it is really hot I will consider having a cold shower but as soon as I hop in I can't stand it and immediately turn on the hot water as well.

Cold showers aren't my thing. >.<

Hell no. If i have a shower then i like the water hot. Its nearing the bad winters here now and scotland is cold enough. Having a hot shower is still chilly. No way would i use cold water haha. Even in summer though i wouldnt have one. Its just not appealing to me at all. Theyre cold and uncomfortable.

I tend to just splash cold water over my face to wake myself up in the morning, rather than take a cold shower...since I get up so early, I'd wake up everyone else in the house as well, and then I'd have to deal with them moaning at me all day.

Anyways, I like cold showers in the summer, when I'm feeling hot, sticky and just generally disgusting. It cools me down, makes me feel a lot cleaner, and is wonderfully refreshing. I have a low tolerance of heat, so a cold shower is a good way for me to feel better if it's too hot. But otherwise I'd be more inclined to take a hot bath, because it's far more relaxing.

as a last resort i would have one. obviously i'd rather have a cold shower than go about stinkin. but usually i'd have the water hot. a cold shower isnt gonna wake me up its gonna make me want to climb back into bed and get warm again :lew:

In winter I will not have a cold shower!! I love warm showers so much. But in summer in 40+ heat a cold shower is awesome and really refreshing to me. Il have a little warm on, but mostly it's freezing. It's great!!

I had to take a cold shower once, it was about two months ago. The main bathroom was being renovated, and the second one did not have an electric shower. My mother hadn't put on the immersion like she promised, and I came home from training and was heading out an hour later.

I braved the arctic floe and leapt into the shower. My testicles rattled back up inside my body like pennies in a hoover. A small sonic boom occurred as the area my penis used to occupy became a vacuum. I began to quickly scrub myself, not so much to clean my skin, but to prevent a frost from forming. As my body began to succumb to hypothermia, I stumbled out of nozzle based blizzard. Collapsing on the bath mat, I lay there shivering like a sexually abused flan. I think I was in there maybe two or three seconds

That really depends if it is the winter or not. How cold are we talking here? If we are talking cold to the max, hell no. I like the water hot, but of course not hot to the max. I would be shivering if I took a really cold shower. It would really burn if it was really hot. I just tend to keep the handle on the hot side, but it is close to the cold side. So in other words I keep the handle on moderate I guess. In the winter, it takes maybe 5-10 minutes for the water to become hot once it is running. When it is freezing in the winter, I will always let the hot water run on the maximum, so that when I get in, I do not have to worry about catching a cold. I tend to catch colds frequently, and that would just be unpleasant for me. I usually take one in the morning if I am generally feeling icky. In most cases, I will have one at night so I can sleep comfortably.

I like cold showers when it's baking outside and I need to cool down... but most of the time I like them to be steaming hot. I swear I cook myself like a lobster when in the bath, and it's not much different in the shower. After a few minutes at hot, I feel warm, so I turn it up to super hot. I've had it on the top setting before and wanted to make it hotter, but that's usually because I'm the last in the shower and the hot water is running out and being mixed with more cold water. =X

:damon: I hate cold showers, even if it is boiling hot outside. To be honest it's too much torture for me to handle and showers are meant to be relieving as well as to wash yourself. I'd rather mooch off a friend's/family members shower if I have to instead of taking a cold shower and would rather do it if there was literally no other option like Jimbo said.

The closest I've ever came to a cold shower is splashing some cold water in my face when I wake up or something in a similar scenario. I have to have a hot shower. Not only is it soothing, but I find that if you've had been working out all day and your muscles are sore, a nice hot bath/shower really opens up those pores and really makes the soreness go away somewhat.

Also, I like to fall asleep in the tub, and hot water really relaxes me. :wacky:

Hot showers are divine :ryan:

Only if I were extremely desperate would I take a cold shower. I can't stand being cold...and it would take me forever and a day to warm up after one :( Even if it were a hot day outside, I would never ever take one to cool off.

Usually I take 20 minute long hot showers...and I could probably spend longer in there, but our water heater would run out of hot water long before that. When I get my new place someday I want one of those whirlpool jacuzzi tubs that way I can take baths again instead of just the usual shower. I can't wait :rage:

Cold showers are refreshing to me in a way. That is solely because i get off work all sweaty and stinky and a good cold rinse feels great...after i cleaned myself with warm water first :3

I start my showers off with freezing cold water, so that eventually I'm almost shivering. Then I change it to burning hot water and then I relax for the rest of the shower. So I guess you could say I'm a fan of them. Though only for a little while. Not the whole shower.

I could never understand how people actually enjoyed cold showers. Even after running around in the blazing sun I could never bring myself to take a cold shower. The coldest I could bring myself to is luke warm, and even then it's only for a few minutes and then I make it hot.

I love hot showers...I used to take 20-30 minute showers but now our water can't stay that hot because of the heater so they are 15 minutes at the longest :jimberry:

I used to love cold showers as a kid. I'd take them all the time and not care. Now? Shit, there's no way I'd consider taking a 10 minute beat ass cold shower. I took one not too long ago because we didnt have hot water. That was the quickest shower I've had to date :P

Random factoid, when its hot, you naturally think a cold shower is the best right? Wrong. It's not. Take a shower thats warmer than how your house feels. Your body will naturally adjust to the temperature after you get out. So you basically defeated the purpose of your cold shower to try and cool off. Take a warmer one so your body will adjust and get cooler :elmo:

Back