Help Concerning leveling up

Dolores_Khan

Gil
Should I bother leveling up all of my party members? I really only enjoy having Balthier, Basch, and Fran out because they are my favorite characters in the game. Should I still trade out the team every once and a while to keep everyone generally on the same level? Once I find out a definitive answer, I'll get back to playing.

I'm going to say yes. It never hurts to have a balanced party, so you can swap out a moment's notice...which you may need to do for some of the later bosses. FFXII isn't an inherently difficult game, but if you have any intention of doing the sidequests, having all of your characters at a high level is in your best interest. I levelled up two teams in increments of five, but I have a rigorous grinding scheme, so feel free to ignore me there. But it definetely helps, and there are some excellent spots where you can grind easily AND rack up some nice chains for loot, so overall it'd be in your best interest, in my opinion.

Its handy to at least try to keep everyone within a dfew levels of each other, especially if youre planning on doing the hunts, I always tend to let a few of the characters lag behind a bit more than id like though despite my attempts. Though, I just power levelled in the secret area of the henne mines when they started to lag too much, I must have levelled ashe about 20 times in the space of an hour. She was like, level 15 when i started though, i neglected her completely

Anyway, Im waffling. Its definately handy to at lest try to level everyone up - but you can always do abit of training as you go to let lagging characters catch up, which I think I prefer tbh

Back