Do you ever dream about this site?

It was probably Shace's account or something.

You were probably doing evil things on my account, like ruining my reputation of being the bad ass Paissa and actually being nice to people! :hmph:

I dream I had not too long ago was that we actually started a virtual reality forum,( the best way I can describe it is kinda like the episode of Ghost in a shell where people used their avatars in a virtual reality setting and sat around the table talking about the laughing man) but everyone was yelling at each other just like in the shoutbox and then the admins physically banned people by grabbing a hammer and hitting their avatar....

Had a dream last night that I was moving sub-forums around. Seriously? :smh:

Had a dream last night that I was moving sub-forums around. Seriously? :smh:

Hahaha! Yep.

Do I dream about this site? Every now and again, there has been quite a bit of history in this wee ole site. Even in the most non active of times, there still has been quite the pull. Last dream I had was in regards to banning someone in the SB for putting flaming. The Ban did not work though, and I was horrified by the outcome that ensued.

This thread must pertain to staff only, because they would be the only ones dreaming about FFF, I would think. But, then again, if I am with FFF for 10 years maybe it will appear in my dreams, who knows.

The question to ask now are the dreams nightmares?

Worst nightmare for staff is banned from banning ... :kinky:

I have dreamt of being online but not on this site.
Weirdly one dream I was helping someone play FF (B,arret?!!) and the thing is before breakfast or eat anything, parts of that dream still come to me and I get this liquid metal feeling in my throat and start doubting if really awake!
Probably will never have that feeling again. But posting to say there's nothing to worry about when that happens!

To be honest I have never dreamed about the site but last night it finally happened!!

It was a pretty short and blurry dream about us playing FFXIV (I remember Mitsuki, Ross, Galadín and Linnaete for being there for sure, and some more players but I don't really remember their names).

We found a secret passage and entered a yet not discovered place in the game, it was like a big cave. We entered it, our hearts were filled with thrill and adventure, but those didn't last long. We encountered a HUGE boss-like creature there, it was like an enormous worm. It was super overpowered compared to us, so we planned to escape. That was the funniest thing ever in my dreams, us trying to get out of that damned place. xD The big worm chased us, all of us were shouting (I remember Linnaete crying/whining about how she hated worms while she tried to escape from the worm as the slowest of us) and running for our lives. But we eventually escaped so everything is good if it ends good I guess?XD

It was a really cool and adventurous dream, I laughed so hard after I woke up. Linnaete was my favourite for sure, she was like a hilariously funny anime character. :,D

But it was strange how my mind imagined everybody, you didn't look like your FFXIV characters (I am not even sure everybody from my dream plays FFXIV in real life?).

The big worm chased us, all of us were shouting (I remember Linnaete crying/whining about how she hated worms while she tried to escape from the worm as the slowest of us) and running for our lives.

Lmao, probably because she was in her lalafell form and her short legs couldn't keep up with us! @Linnaete

The people you mentioned play FFXIV, yes. =]

My dreams are weird lately but they always are.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
I had a terrible dream while I was on holiday and I can't stop thinking about it.

It wasn't really about this site at all but a) I couldn’t find a general dream thread and it would be odd to create one just about this (though I'm positive one used to exist, search isn't helping me), and b) I’m going to blame this site for this anyway as I was shattered because of magazine stuff. :argor:

I had been working stupidly on the magazine for a long time so I didn't really start packing until late... So I didn't get much sleep before heading off for a full day travelling. So when I went to sleep in the hotel, I was exhausted. Normal, right?

But at about 5.00 am I experienced a mild sort of sleep paralysis episode. I was in my hotel bed, turned to face the curtain right next to the bed. I became aware that something was moving behind the curtain and I was trying to work out what was going on... Gradually a face emerged from behind the curtain! I couldn't tell if it was male or female or even fully human. The fleeting figures of our dreams can often be difficult to describe, and I've tried not to do too much post-dream rationalisation by giving it a form it didn't have in the dream itself. But I could see enough to be able to see its expression. It seemed that I was in the presence of evil.

They somehow parted the curtain just enough for the individual's face to appear, at first. I was more than a little bit alarmed, but I was frozen. I couldn't get up and run away or pretend to be awesome and kick their ass. I couldn't move or call out or anything.

But the figure seemed to respond to the dread I was experiencing. A hand also came out from behind the curtain, and the figure pressed its finger against its lips and mouthed "shhhh!" and, I think, words like "no! Don't call out!" followed by what I interpreted to be a sinister smile (but it was very hard to focus). No sounds, but the figure was moving their lips every now and then before replacing the finger.

I tried again to yell and eventually succeeded and woke myself up.

It only took me a few moments to realise that it was a dream because my mind had clearly misjudged the distance between me and the curtain. In my dream, the curtain seemed further away. The reality was that the curtain was right next to my face... In hindsight, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

That right there is probably the scariest nightmare I've ever experienced. I know some people suffer with sleep paralysis and see creepy hags, imps, demons, aliens, etc, and experience throttling sensations. I didn't experience any throttling, thank Zeus, but this experience was certainly in that ballpark and seemed to be heading in that direction. With the distance being misjudged though, I must have had my eyes closed during this episode at least. You'd think.

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I had a similar (less creepy) experience a couple of years ago where I saw an angry looking pygmy lady standing next to my bed for a couple of seconds. I hope this isn't becoming a pattern!

So yeah. A nice bit of real-life creepypasta for you all!

@Dionysos That is some scary shit, dude. Think you need more sleep. 👀

I dreamt about @Linnaete and @AuronX while I was on vacation. How dare you guys invade my sleep? During my time off. 😵 It has something to do about news stuff for home page. I can’t remember details.

Before that I dreamt about @Six - we were both in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey world and she stole a flower from this white truck... which doesn’t fit the world of Odyssey, but it was Odyssey world. She got caught (I think I tried to warn her someone was coming) and off we went running throughout the city. I recognized it because it’s uh, part of this project I’m working on that I’m not allowed to say... but yeah.

Also dreamt that @AuronX was bullying @Six around that same week. Lol. I probably shouldn’t say any more than that. But that was some weird stuff.

Before that I also dreamt about @Galadín and I think @shivas - I mentioned this in the shoutbox a few weeks ago but I forgot the details now.

I should just start a Final Fantasy Forums dream journal at this rate...

I had a dream about @Galadín a couple nights ago. I think it was the day I last posted here.

Magazine-related work. She came up with a draft for an article, but to my horror it was all on a huge white construction paper...I mean it looked nice, but it's supposed to be digital!

I woke up and was like, "Okay guys, we need to release this magazine soon or I'm gonna go crazy..."

A less horrifying dream than my last scary one a few posts back, but with a firmer grounding in forum / KupoCon / magazine life (and death :sad2:).

I had a vivid dream the other night where I was at a KupoCon event and there was a panel by an author discussing the themes in their book (I guess, though I can't remember anything about what was actually said). The author wasn’t Mo or Micah (@JasonTandro) or any other FF community authors I know, so they’re safe! It was someone a lot older who I guess was based on George R. R. Martin.

Anyway, during the break between the day event and the evening event the author died. If the dream ever expanded on the death, I’ve forgotten the cause. All I remember is that the evening event was very sad. In my dream, while I was sat at a table during the evening event, I was telling the Timber Maniacs magazine team about it on Discord and everyone was devastated and we decided to dedicate issue 3 to him.

Thankfully the next KupoCon I'm going to is in September, so none of this will happen as issue 3 will by then have been out for a while already. :argor:

I had another dream a few weeks ago which I forgot to mention. Magazine-related. @Dionysos and @Paddy McGee were both antagonizing me about my designs. 😂 Somehow @Harlequin (ohai Tom, long time no speak) and @Six got involved, woke me up from dream... so it was a dream within a dream... and they brought me a bunch of baggy t-shirts which had a bunch of text and images all over it, basically text-frames in the magazine with two columns. Tom told me to look at them and not to be surprised. It depicted Dan and Adam mocking me on the t-shirts. I’m not sure what that was all about either. I just know I really need a break from this magazine. 👀

I had a really weird dream last night that I did an unprompted wookie growl in a crowded room and everyone applauded me and told me that it was spot on. What does this mean?

It was very vivid too. I could feel my vocal chords vibrate.

Not really anything to do with FFF in terms of what happened, but FFF was in the back of my mind for some reason in the dream. It felt like FFF even though it was someone's living room and I couldn't tell you who any of the people were.

Back