012: Duodecim Lord Golbez and ExDeath

DarkLordSephiroth66

Reaping souls in the Lifestream
Gil
I have been playing Doudecim for a while now and something has been bothering me.

I have noticed that Golbez and ExDeath both talk about destroying the world of Duodecim and returning all to the Void, but here the thing that kills me.........Golbez is from FFVI and ExDeath is from FFV
(WTF?! is wrong with this picture?)

To my recollection the only one of the two (in their original games) that constantly talk about the goddam Void is ExDeath.........so why is Golbez also conspiring with ExDeath???

I have been playing Doudecim for a while now and something has been bothering me.

I have noticed that Golbez and ExDeath both talk about destroying the world of Duodecim and returning all to the Void, but here the thing that kills me.........Golbez is from FFVI and ExDeath is from FFV
(WTF?! is wrong with this picture?)

To my recollection the only one of the two (in their original games) that constantly talk about the goddam Void is ExDeath.........so why is Golbez also conspiring with ExDeath???

Correction Golbez is in FFIV

But back on topic...

Golbez seems to be just going along with the Cosmos plans for his own reason, You see that when you do Cecil's story line. He isn't really on Cosmos side, but yet he is reaching the same goal. As far as I can tell, The only two that really want things to go to the void are ExDeath and Ultimecia . I see where you get that Golbez wants things to go to the void... But like I said I think at the time of these talks it just benefits him to go along with ExDeath's plan for the time being.

Additional correction, Golbez does not refer to the Void in any dialogue - 'tis Cloud of Darkness.

They are both affiliated with this in their respective games, so I don't understand what you're finding so confusing.

Also incorrect :mokken:

Only CoD and Exdeath want to return Duodecim/Dissidia to the void. CoD for balance and Exdeath to reduce it to nothingness.

Ultimecia wants to compress time so she is the only one that exists and Golbez wants to help the warriors of Cosmos to defeat Chaos and save his brother in a way of redemption.

Golbez basically just has his own personal goals to aid his family, he doesn't even fight Cecil to the death, he just wants to help Cecil gain the strength to defeat Chaos, he even tells Exdeath and Emperor that he's looking for hope, not destruction or anything.

hmmm golbez don't mention the void :wacky: i think u meant cod... but sadly yh they both do but i gather they are like that because that were the way them characters were in their games :grin:

A final note of clarification: The "Void" referred to by each character is technically the same but viewed differently by both CoD and ExDeath. CoD views the Void as an all-powerful force of nature, one that destroys everything and brings the world to it's knees by pure force. It's the be-all and end-all of power, basically.
ExDeath, on the other hand, views the Void as the ultimate oubliette - something into which everything is destined to fall into and be utterly obliterated. To him, the void is absolute nothing and that is what gives it power.
This viewpoint is reflected in their respective EX Bursts - mechanically they're exactly the same, representing the fact that they're both calling upon the Void. However, while CoD uses the Void to boost her power to hithero unreachable levels (120% power, if I recall correctly), ExDeath uses it to convert all he can into nothing, hence the difference in display.

Back