Help Getting JP [HALP].

Ness

SHAZAM
Veteran
Gil
Well this forum was a bitch to find. :hmph:

I have a small sort of question regarding JP. I feel like I'm not getting a lot of it, particularly for the jobs that I'm currently not spec'ed in (I'm looking to get Gained JP Up, which is a Squire ability). I keep waiting to hit 200 with my units, but it seems to be taking forever.

Does JP increase for each job evenly...or do you have to be using that particular job to get JP? I'm just looking for a better understanding of the system from someone who's played the game...I'm pretty sure I can figure the rest out on my own.

But if you want to throw in some advice, I won't stop you. :monster:

I believe every job gradually gains JP but you gain more for the Job you are using. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if you want a specific job to get JP you should be using that job. I'd recommend just going to an easy map, killing all but one of the enemies, and just have your characters attack each other for a time.

EDIT: Wait, I thought this was for FFTactics. 8(

*Moved to FFXII Help Booth*

If I recall correctly, all of the characters in battle gain a small amount of JP for the jobs of the characters that are on the battlefield.

To clarify, you have a monk in battle and when he attacks, he gains X amount of JP. Each character on the battle field will gain a small percentage of that JP in the monk class. So JP gradually builds that way.

Basically, if you aren't using a particular job, it will build slower than a job that you are using.

Hate to be a buzzkill to the mod who moved this but this belongs in the FFTactic's Forum not Final Fantasy XII I would know this because I've played Tactics for years.

as for Ness' Question.

Yes the Easiest way to collect JP is to have your character equip the Squire's Ability Gain JP Up.

and as mentioned as your Job Level increases you gain more Job Point's

the fastest way to max jp is to remove reaction commands such as counter/counter tackle/etc. and go to Mandalia Fields and kill all the monsters cept one chocobo((get it to critical and run away it should flee and heal itself,after which if you have a oracle have him/her cast sleep/Frog on the chocobo,then pick a knight or someone with high hp and hit them this is the fastest way to gain JP for job's.

Though it is a long long road if your wanting a decent job at the beginning of the game :D

I've no idea why this was moved here >>;

Last edited:
There isn't a Tactics-specific help section. Since Tactics is based in Ivalice, as is XII, Tactics questions go in the XII help section.

Under the Squire list of abilities, there's something called: Gained JP Up. It will increase the amount of JP earned.

That should be among the first abilities you acquire and equip.

Using potions and casting augmentative spells such as haste, regen, and shell gain jp in addition to successful attacks on enemies. [Potions and cure type actions only gain jp when used on a character with less than maximum hp]

To boost jp gain its generally a good idea to use potions and augmentative spells whenever possible.

In easy to win battles-

-One character can attack to gain jp.
-Another can heal to gain jp.
-Casting haste, shell, protect or regen is another means of gaining additional jp.

Delegating unnecessary tasks is an ok rule of thumb to increase jp earned density to time statistics.

Apologies for posting this in the wrong place...but the location is a little confusing. :wacky:

At any rate, I know about Gained JP Up, that's why I want to make sure that, for example, a Chemist is still gaining Squire JP. I think another random battle should put me over the top.

Another question, is there an efficient way to make sure to maximize JP in battles? Perhaps I'm not completing Actions enough?

In final fantasy tactics, there is a simple trick to earn JP. First you need access to the gain JP up command and have everyone equip it. This skill will work on any job as long as it is equip on the character. Learn it and apply it so you get the maximum JP on every action. Secondly you will want a single monk with the chakra ability learned. It is also wise to have the spell frog, stop, disable, or paralyze.

When you get into battle kill all but one enemy and cast one of those negative status effects on it. Next you will want to get in a figure 5 shape where every character is on the same level as in one not siting on a mountain but all of them with the full effect of chakra. This will be the boring part. Put the monk in the middle and surround him. If you can up his speed so he gets around two or three turns more then the other characters you are golden. Each time have him cast Chakra which will heal the entire group. Since you are in a figure five you will not be healing the enemy either. Have each character cast spells or skills on however, if you need to you can attack the monk and hope he heals himself a lot. This is the fastest way to gain JP.

The amount of JP gained from jobs not assigned to a character is so slow it's not even mentionable. You can access the parties skill list to see how much JP you have gained. When you have reached the JP needed to master the job you can kill the remaining enemy and use your hard earned JP.

If you master all the jobs needed to perform this figure five formation, you can easily set their sub jobs to the ones needed and master other jobs as well. Using low level weapons to attack the monk works best. It is just harder to kill the enemies beforehand.

Back