Full Production Mode?

skeleton_fingers

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed in the middle of July and he had said at that time Versus XIII was still preparing to enter full production. Sorry if everyone else understands that, but does it mean the game has about two years until it comes out. I can't remember what stage of development that is so could you help me out?

Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed in the middle of July and he had said at that time Versus XIII was still preparing to enter full production. Sorry if everyone else understands that, but does it mean the game has about two years until it comes out. I can't remember what stage of development that is so could you help me out?

I don't think that means any specific time. The length of time it takes to produce a game depends on the people on the job. Depending on how productive the Versus team are the game could come out sometime in 2012, which most are hoping for. It could take longer but thankfully it looks like Nomura is just shutting up about the game and getting to work on it instead of teasing everyone to death with screen shots and videos. I'd guess it means he just focusing on the game but there isn't a set release date so we can only assume about a year and a half, maybe two more tops. If it's more than that then I'm just giving up.

It depends on the size of the team and whatever other factors there are in the development stages of a game. I presume when he said that, Nomura meant the full Versus team would get together instead of prancing around occasionally doing other things like when part of the Versus team was working on sections of FFXIII. If there's an enormous full team, then production will accelerate, though when they'll finish is anyone's guess - taking in mind the size of the game, the number of juicy CGI and graphics to polish up and everything else. I still maintain that a very late 2012 or early 2013 seems a fair prediction.

Then again, I remember in a news thread that someone pointed out an contradiction in an interview which seemed to sound like that even Nomura wasn't too sure whether the game is in full production mode or not. One can only hope that was a mistranslation or something.

Back