I Think ive Fallin In Love

VanillesHope-FXIII

I AM YOUR FINAL FANTASY
Gil
So i originally played this game and didnt like it when it first come out, but after recieving it today and having a bash i really believe its my favorite game ive ever played!

Also, i dont know if anyone has asked this so sorry if they have.

Do you think 13 was a remake of 7? i mean from the start ive noticed: Train starting (ok not only 1 game can start on a train but meh) Also the allocated *Black Sidekick*(No offence), Lightning being an EX SOLDIER....

Maybe its nothing but its just what i have noticed :D. what you think?

They tried to make another Final Fantasy VII and failed at it. The game is extremely linear compared to it's predecessors (excluding X which is in a way somewhat like that but it did it well). The battle system is pretty stupid when you get into around chapter 2 or 3. Only thing I really liked about it was the story and Sazh.

If you wanted to take the innocent route, you could put it down to game reference (there's also the scorpion guard as the first major enemy you fight :wacky:) as well as Palompolum and the Golden Saucer esque Nautilus, minus the mini games etc etc.

As far as being a remake of 7, while it bears similarities in terms of beginning and with the lead character herself, it quickly becomes independant of it as the game progresses.

Really? someone else actually likes this game...

But to answer your question, no I didn't see much similarities to FFVII other than what you mention, Sure you can find the similarities but, many games have someone that use to be in an army, and have a empire trying to keep its citizens under control, or something along that sort. So yes there are many similarities as far as story is concerned, and maybe some character wise but not enough to say its another FFVII

I can understand the comparisons you're pointing out but XIII is its own game. VII had the main plot of chasing Sephiroth while XIII's characters have magical tattoos and are trying to save people that turn into crystals.

And putting "Black Sidekick" and "no offense" is offensive regardless. Try AFRICAN AMERICAN.

And putting "Black Sidekick" and "no offense" is offensive regardless. Try AFRICAN AMERICAN.

Mm. Yes. This. Or Sazh Katzroy works too. Sazh is only like Barret in ethnicity and that he uses guns...and has a kid to look after. That's about it. Sazh's story is quite touching.

there are black people who take equal offense to the term African American too. You can't please everyone. Just say Black People, or White People, or Asian People. Or replace Black with Brown. Sazh would be my favorite character regardless.

Racism FTW?

In any case, yes, XIII is not a remake of VII. VII had a storyline, passable soundtrack, a proper villain, some actual gameplay, towns, mild difficulty, and some other things. FFXIII has none of these things. XIII is more like Advent Children than it is FFVII: it's all graphics and nothing else, and you get about as much interactivity from watching Advent Children as you do from "playing" it.

Honestly, the only real similarity between XIII and VII I spotted was that Lightning was Cloud, only more manly.

Now that I think about it... It makes sense..

How did I not notice these things?? :O

Well it was pretty obvious, and common knowledge seeing as it was going around the internet after enough info was released. They wanted to make another "VII," because of how successful VII was.

They probably did base it off FF7 a bit cause they are runing out of ideas. That being said i think the story was weak. Someone said the villian was not proper, i agree. Still it is a good idea making the game more a Final Fantasy. Using the term 'Soilder' in another world.

If they based Final Fantasy 15 off of FF8 HO HO HO!

im really enjoying it, and i think the storie is great, yet it is the first FF i am playing through so when i finish it and start 7,8,10,10-2, or 10 II i might feel different about the storie!

They probably did base it off FF7 a bit cause they are runing out of ideas. That being said i think the story was weak. Someone said the villian was not proper, i agree. Still it is a good idea making the game more a Final Fantasy. Using the term 'Soilder' in another world.

If they based Final Fantasy 15 off of FF8 HO HO HO!

Yes FF15 will also star a female protagonist named Rain who weilds a Giant sword similar to Clouds and has the personality of a 14 year old self proclaimed "emo" kid. I wouldn't be surprised if it contained a bunch of kid soldiers but type zero has already decided to rehash that idea.

I really dont think it's a remake of 7. It's all just coincidence for me. "Trains, and black guys and soldiers, oh my!!!" - Yea many games that aren't FF contain these elements so I'm not very surprised.

Yes FF15 will also star a female protagonist named Rain who weilds a Giant sword similar to Clouds and has the personality of a 14 year old self proclaimed "emo" kid. I wouldn't be surprised if it contained a bunch of kid soldiers but type zero has already decided to rehash that idea.

I really dont think it's a remake of 7. It's all just coincidence for me. "Trains, and black guys and soldiers, oh my!!!" - Yea many games that aren't FF contain these elements so I'm not very surprised.

Wow, exciting. Kid soldiers..

I am guessing FFXV isnt much into production. How much can they change information they have released about a game before release? Ie can they change the name of the main character?

lol I wish SE put more black guys in the main cast. The more different races and skin colours/tones the better. They should do the Star Trek way lmao.

I wish SE would listen more to its customers and make the designs and storyline based on customers views as well..

The fanbase has many great ideas.

I havent played FF13 myself and Cloud was sooo emo I just couldnt finish the game..so FF13 and FF13-2 are not my cup of tea from the looks of it.

Its a shame...

I recently finished playing through FF13 and like the OT of this thread, I love this game so much! It's ranked as my favorite game I've played thus far, the story is very complex and engaging, the characters are interesting, the world is amazing and I consider this to be the most beautiful game I've ever played, I love how you can wonder around and explore, lots of time can be spent on this game without getting boring. I still have much to do and achievements to gain, but I love it! It's deficiently a game I will continue to play again and again for as long as I'm alive!
(Just had to add my 2 cents since I'm a brand new FF fan :) Thank you Square Enix for deciding to make your beloved series on Xbox!

Personally this game is all glitter, but no gold. It does look appealing. But there's really nothing consistent about it unlike previous ff worlds. The story was complex to the point that you had to understand through long sessions of data logs. And once youve read through it all, depending on how well you paid attention, the game has some glaring holes. Particularly regarding Fal'cie. Exploring this world had its charm at certain points, but then it gets boring when all the beauty isn't explorable, you're going in a hallway with all the beauty in the horizon. But for me...I hate the characters....lightning is a brute, but then she suddenly accepts her flaws like if they werent a big deal. So her development felt artificial. And as much as I like Hope, his development also sky rocketted at a certain point. His hate for his dad and snow and sorrow for his mom just magically went away at times. If he was the main aracter, we probably wouldve seen more development. And if you look deep into it. Thats all the entire cast has a sky rocket of characters developing but we dont see it take a natural progression.

Back