costume designs

IB2004

Gil
How do you guys feel about the costume designer being a an unknown to us designer for a. Brands i mean when I see a game like this with the characters wearing clothes I can buy easier than other character cosplays it makes me think of infamous rather than final fantasy

From reading the Versus info in the Final Fantasy Wiki, the Japanese clothing designer Roen was who "clothed", if you will, the characters in Versus. Naturally I'm not Japanese so I have no clue who the designer it is, but it really doesn't bother me :lew:

I will say that I like the designs of the clothing. Noctis's suit looks nice but I'm not too keen on the tails at the end of the jacket..and he really needs a new pair of shoes in that scene :gasp: ...I do like his regular outfit, and the one we see him in the original trailer. Stella's clothes are decent...I like the white dress (again, the shoes :gasp:) and I love the outfit we see her going into battle in. Some laugh at it because its not a war-like outfit, but I like the idea of someone being able to fight in normal attire and not have some silly armour on or something. Overall I like the direction they are taking with the clothing because it makes everything more realistic. FFXIII's characters clothing were way too overdone in my opinion.

From reading the Versus info in the Final Fantasy Wiki, the Japanese clothing designer Roen was who "clothed", if you will, the characters in Versus. Naturally I'm not Japanese so I have no clue who the designer it is, but it really doesn't bother me :lew:

I will say that I like the designs of the clothing. Noctis's suit looks nice but I'm not too keen on the tails at the end of the jacket..and he really needs a new pair of shoes in that scene :gasp: ...I do like his regular outfit, and the one we see him in the original trailer. Stella's clothes are decent...I like the white dress (again, the shoes :gasp:) and I love the outfit we see her going into battle in. Some laugh at it because its not a war-like outfit, but I like the idea of someone being able to fight in normal attire and not have some silly armour on or something. Overall I like the direction they are taking with the clothing because it makes everything more realistic. FFXIII's characters clothing were way too overdone in my opinion.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm liking the character design and I loved the original clothing of Noctis. The change in his outfit has me kind of feeling like something's missing. Me being a character design whore really like the realistic clothing approach Versus has taken. I think Stella's outfits from what I've seen so far are amazing, especially the clothes she wears when you see her standing out in the city.

I'm loving Stella's outfits, the other outfits of Noctis' "mafia" or "gang" or whatever you call them are okay, not standing out as magnificent to me or anything. I think the dark bland look of the clothing help bring the whole theme of darkness into the game rather well. I think the designing of these characters have been well done. I'd actually look into the designer of their clothes a lot more and try ordering a nice suit lol.

I think they were neat. Although, drastic changes were made when the final product was released.

Moderator's note: Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back