ff13 versus a more serious version of kh?

[Moved to Versus]

On the whole? I would say so. Versus is starting to resemble the ultra-broody castaway cousin of the Kingdom Hearts series. The combat is reminiscient of Kingdom Hearts by the looks of it with the characters designed by the same guy (Nomura).

Ew, the thought of KH being linked to this just makes me a little sick. I think just because it has similar game play wont mean it would be close to the KH series(which I strongly dislike.) I'm mostly hoping the battle system is a little more complex than the KH one or something that makes it stand out.

Now in story I'd say it's got nothing to do with KH. I mean a darker version of KH story wise? When I look at this game there are no travelling worlds, happy heroes, and mindless talk about hearts and friendship so the story can't possibly be related to KH in any way I've seen so far, thus eliminating the "darker version of KH" sense. Gameplay wise, yeah a bit like KH from the looks of it and I can deal with it. Story wise, no chance.

Plus the characters are completely different from what I've seen in KH, in style mostly, and in attitude. I personally like the characters, and posses much hate for the KH ones. I'm hoping Nomura is showing with this game that his talents and skills can allow him to create more than just similar characters. I like the dark theme of this game and I'm hoping to like more when it comes out. If it turned out to be a KH cousin I may end up strongly disliking it.

Last edited:
You can watch videos of some of the verses battles.Since I have never played Kingdom Hearts I don't know how to compare it.

The battles I have seen, against a few monsters , assuming Square hasn't changed the battles during the game developement seem ok to me. Not that different from FFXIII's battles.

I'd rather like the fact of the new FF battle system thats linked with KH.
I only seen clips of the battle and the music of the game is quite epic. I'm defitnely asking ym dad for a PS3 for christmass or birthday because I'm gonna miss out big time for when versus 13 releases.

I mean 13-2 will be out for x-box or something I don't know but I'm not really in the mood for another 2nd story like with ff 10.

Not that different from FFXIII's battles.

It's completely different. It's in real time and is a lot like Kingdom Heart's battle system. Although I'm not sure of the other similarities besides the way you attack and stuff.

I'm thinking this game is going to rock, honestly. And as far as being a cousin of KH..no way. I've been reading alot into this release. and I am very sure it is safe to say we won't be let down. This games got dark written all over it.

A more serious Kingdom Hearts game seems pretty on par with Versus...although I haven't admittedly played through an entire Kingdom Hearts game :lew: I do like the real time game play though...and I'm hoping that there won't be a whole lot of the pc controlling the others in your team like on XIII.

As far as what I think of the characters, its really hard to say because we know so little about them. Nomura says one thing about Noctis, but I'm getting different vibes about him seeing him in the game's trailer. Nomura says he certainly isn't emo but all I'm getting from him in the newest trailer is the emo vibe with him looking so depressed in that car ride. I hope whenever the game is released that I'm proven wrong. I really want him to be likeable and relatable. Stella is a whole different story, as I haven't even seen more than a minute of her at a time and her character description is pretty vague....although I do think I'm going to like her a lot. It would be nice if we could hear her voice the next trailer they put out :wacky:

From what I've seen so far it looks more akin to an expanded Crisis Core than KH. The battle system seems fairly stiff like the former while the combat in KH is a lot smoother and free-form, if you will.

Back